Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
11BD14DD-8F0B-4D76-9FF6-CEAF88FBC9E4.jpeg 6955A019-6793-458C-A279-1EEBEB221CEF.jpeg Ok, quick update. After installing I recognized condensation behind the lense cover. Contacted the seller (Empire Technology) and Andy said it will go away. Yes it went away but right now we had a thunderstorm coming through and again the lense cover has condensation. I don’t think that’s a good sign.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
View attachment 35717 View attachment 35715 Ok, quick update. After installing I recognized condensation behind the lense cover. Contacted the seller (Empire Technology) and Andy said it will go away. Yes it went away but right now we had a thunderstorm coming through and again the lense cover has condensation. I don’t think that’s a good sign.
Yes, that does not look good

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious...how far back from the roofline/edge of eave is it mounted? That's sure a lot of moisture just on the front housing, like it's out in the direct rain or else a spray from a garden hose. The brick mortar doesn't seem to be that dark with moisture though. :wtf:

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just curious...how far back from the roofline/edge of eave is it mounted? That's sure a lot of moisture just on the front housing, like it's out in the direct rain or else a spray from a garden hose. The brick mortar doesn't seem to be that dark with moisture though. :wtf:
We had a thunderstorm coming through with heavy winds. That’s at least 1.5m roof there from edge to door. And anyway, what’s your point? After unboxing the lense cover showed condensation, it went away and after the thunderstorm it built up again condensation.

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
I had condensation in mine too. We are below freezing here so I just warmed the lens area with a heat gun. Keep the air moving or use a hair dryer, it only took about a minute or two and hasn't come back.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had condensation in mine too. We are below freezing here so I just warmed the lens area with a heat gun. Keep the air moving or use a hair dryer, it only took about a minute or two and hasn't come back.
Ya but that’s not normal? I can’t go outside with heat gun every time the lense cover built up condensation.

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Air temps have to be unequal to cause condensation. So the inside of the lens has warmer humid air, (assembled overseas, maybe not in a climate controlled chamber?) the outside ambient air is colder.

Warming the lens gets rid of the fog and attempts to dry the air inside with the heat. Then eventually the temperatures equalize and there is no more condensation.

That's my theory anyways. A glass of water is still wet (so moisture inside the lens shouldn't matter) at 5*c or 30*c but as long as the water, the glass, and the air are the same temperature you won't get any condensation on the glass.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Air temps have to be unequal to cause condensation. So the inside of the lens has warmer humid air, (assembled overseas, maybe not in a climate controlled chamber?) the outside ambient air is colder.

Warming the lens gets rid of the fog and attempts to dry the air inside with the heat. Then eventually the temperatures equalize and there is no more condensation.

That's my theory anyways. A glass of water is still wet (so moisture inside the lens shouldn't matter) at 5*c or 30*c but as long as the water, the glass, and the air are the same temperature you won't get any condensation on the glass.

well Well well, why not a single camera around the house shows condensation?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The DB11 is only IP55, very poor waterproof ability, so have to protect it well, or else will have vapor and easy burned.
@looney2ns is the BI can support 2 way audio for this doorbell? Have you ever try it? I don't use BI, so can't test. :)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
well Well well, why not a single camera around the house shows condensation?
i Get some complaint for the condensation too, mainly the camera inside warmer and outdoor cold, so make this happen, normally can use drier to dry it or let it go, 1-2 days later, it will be back to normal, camera waterproof ability always good, till now we have 0 report for camera leakage. Most of the cameras are IP66 and IP67, the door bell only IP55.
upload_2018-12-1_22-29-4.png

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i Get some complaint for the condensation too, mainly the camera inside warmer and outdoor cold, so make this happen, normally can use drier to dry it or let it go, 1-2 days later, it will be back to normal, camera waterproof ability always good, till now we have 0 report for camera leakage. Most of the cameras are IP66 and IP67, the door bell only IP55.
View attachment 35731
And that is not normal, so you have to wait 1-2 days to have a clear view until the next time it’s building up condensation again and you have to wait again and again and every time with video not clear for the time of the condensation being on the cover. Seriously, how can someone even say that’s alright and use a dryer.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We had a thunderstorm coming through with heavy winds. That’s at least 1.5m roof there from edge to door. And anyway, what’s your point?
I asked because I didn't know, you answered and now I know.

After unboxing the lense cover showed condensation, it went away and after the thunderstorm it built up again condensation.
BTW, you never mentioned until here that "After unboxing the lense cover showed condensation". Instead you said in post #145 "...After installing I recognized condensation behind the lense cover."

And anyway, what’s your point?
No need to get your panties in such a wad. :cool:

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I asked because I didn't know, you answered and now I know.

BTW, you never mentioned until here that "After unboxing the lense cover showed condensation". Instead you said in post #145 "...After installing I recognized condensation behind the lense cover."

No need to get your panties in such a wad. :cool:

“After installing” implies that I had to take them out of the box :p

And I’m sensitive! :lmao:

I’m just grumpy about that issue. Was very excited to get it and then that. Again it’s in no way normal. It’s either that I got a faulty assembled unit or if that is the same issue with all those db11 then it’s definitely a design flaw. Who is going to run outside with a dryer / heat gun everytime there is condensation. :smash: