Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

ArjanL

n3wb
Reaction score
So I moved my DB-11 back outside and installed the new power supply and guess what the DB-11 is having problems again. The DB-11 is very close to my AP so I can't imagine that the signal is the problem. I'm wondering if the metal bracket is causing issues with the signal. Getting pretty annoyed with this thing
I got mine and tested it in the 24V AC supply I bought for it. In my room, no problem. I install the power supply where it belongs, mount the doorbell outside and I have the 3 minute connection loss. I changed options in the doorbell, and only setting it to Color all the time fixes the issue for me.

Slaine1987

n3wb
Reaction score
I got mine and tested it in the 24V AC supply I bought for it. In my room, no problem. I install the power supply where it belongs, mount the doorbell outside and I have the 3 minute connection loss. I changed options in the doorbell, and only setting it to Color all the time fixes the issue for me.
Which tool did you use to set it in Color all the times? (I cannot find the setting in de iPhone or Windows app, also not in the Dahua configtool)

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I guess I am confused here. My DB11 is at version V1.000.R.20210128. Which seems to be running just fine. What is this General_DB11_Eng_PN_16M_V1.000.0000002.0.R.20200525.bin version?

M

mazut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FW 20200525 in the global version, for people who had a problem with OTA global and uploaded the FW USA (NTSC) versions. Now by uploading FW 20200525 they go back to the global version and receive global PAL OTA updates

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has experienced the doorbell fluctuating between on and offline. The doorbell has worked solidly for over a year with no WiFi issues. I haven’t changed my router and also have 3 Dahua cameras connected and can view from the DMSS app via WiFi with no problem. The doorbell goes offline for days and then suddenly comes back on without me resetting it or deleting the device. I’ve tried resetting pressing the button on the back but I get no blue line or voice stating it’s WiFi hotspot enabled/disabled. The Dahua chime is connected and loses no signal but no longer chimes even when the doorbell is working. I’m using the IMOU app for the doorbell with the latest version installed. Any assistance or suggestions would be grateful. TIA.

DCD6AC9E-C891-49EB-A76F-9C0782049280.jpeg

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Check cabling!

O wait, wifi :p

What about battery status?
Thanks. I don’t think it’s a cabling issue as it comes back online after a week or so on its own without me doing anything. Doorbell is wired so no battery.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine goes off-line every now and then. I sometimes reboot the camera and all is well for a period of time. I use the Dahua NVR and if you look at the recording the doorbell is working even thou I get notifications it went offline. Personally I think the IMOU Life is "crap for an app" !!

M

PS I forgot to ask what is your firmware version? I am using 1.000.0000000.0.R,2020-04-30

bigverne28

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine goes off-line every now and then. I sometimes reboot the camera and all is well for a period of time. I use the Dahua NVR and if you look at the recording the doorbell is working even thou I get notifications it went offline. Personally I think the IMOU Life is "crap for an app" !!

M

PS I forgot to ask what is your firmware version? I am using 1.000.0000000.0.R,2020-04-30
I agree the IMOU app is pretty awful so I tried using the DMSS app which has the camera and added the doorbell, but the doorbell would still go offline and I had problems with video playback not working. I have the NVR for the cameras.

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure if UK is different than USA. If you PM me I can email you the version I have

M

Vorlauf

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to pass on a lost password tip I that took me hours to find online and I haven't seen mentioned on ipcameratalk. I forgot the admin password, or it got corrupted. The reset procedure where you scan the QR would not work either, it errored. I also tried the email password reset in ConfigTool, no luck that way either.

After Googling and reading pages and pages of the above procedures, I found a page that explained how to do a hard reset. Hold down the reset button for 30 seconds! You may not need to hold it that long. After about 15-20 seconds, it said "Performing Hard Reset" or something like that. At that point, it was "Out Of The Box" reset and I could assign a new password without it asking for the old password. Hopefully this helps someone sometime....

Here's the web site - An Aussie company called Cornick. Looks like they private label Dahua products.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to pass on a lost password tip I that took me hours to find online and I haven't seen mentioned on ipcameratalk. I forgot the admin password, or it got corrupted. The reset procedure where you scan the QR would not work either, it errored. I also tried the email password reset in ConfigTool, no luck that way either.

After Googling and reading pages and pages of the above procedures, I found a page that explained how to do a hard reset. Hold down the reset button for 30 seconds! You may not need to hold it that long. After about 15-20 seconds, it said "Performing Hard Reset" or something like that. At that point, it was "Out Of The Box" reset and I could assign a new password without it asking for the old password. Hopefully this helps someone sometime....

Here's the web site - An Aussie company called Cornick. Looks like they private label Dahua products.
FYI: That info was in the instruction pamphlet, that came with my review unit cam.