Review-Dahua IPC-A46 4mp indoor PT cam.

Onepocket

n3wb
Reaction score
What I noticed is the speaker is really weak. One has to speak loudly into the remote mic just to hear a faint sound coming out of the camera.
I cannot get anything. I got it to work once using either imou or EasyViewer Lite (just to test since BI wasn't working) and my wife loved it. She said it was the best sounding camera of all the ones we have. Once I closed that app it never worked again in any app. The camera is for a baby room so the talk feature is important for her.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I cannot get anything. I got it to work once using either imou or EasyViewer Lite (just to test since BI wasn't working) and my wife loved it. She said it was the best sounding camera of all the ones we have. Once I closed that app it never worked again in any app. The camera is for a baby room so the talk feature is important for her.
My bad. Yes, I had used the app to test the audio rather than BI. The PC has no mic to test with, but the PC speaker has the audio streaming in fine.

Last edited:

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wait! I haven't been able to get ptz to work in BI. Would you mind sharing how you set it up?
On the camera's PTZ tab, the 'Enable Pan/Tilt/Zoom' checkbox is enabled, and the 'Network IP' set to 'Dahua New.' On the Video/Configure window, the Make is set as 'Generic/ONVIF' and the Model is 'RTSP H.264/H.265/MPG/MPEG4'.

Onepocket

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this your path? /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif and what do you have for audio? G.711 u-law? Is setup back channel selected?

Onepocket

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have everything working in BI except for talk. All I seem to get is the voice coming thru the server. I also figured out the talk in the other apps (Smart PSS, imou, etc). If I add the camera to BI and it is active then talk doesn't work in any app. If I disable the camera in BI talk works everywhere else.

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome!

Mine works now!
On the camera's PTZ tab, the 'Enable Pan/Tilt/Zoom' checkbox is enabled, and the 'Network IP' set to 'Dahua New.' On the Video/Configure window, the Make is set as 'Generic/ONVIF' and the Model is 'RTSP H.264/H.265/MPG/MPEG4'.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently this camera went offline. I went to go check on it and it just has the led light in red color slowly rotating. Power cycling and pressing the reset button seems to have no effect :(

I think it might be toast? I've only had it for a few months..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Recently this camera went offline. I went to go check on it and it just has the led light in red color slowly rotating. Power cycling and pressing the reset button seems to have no effect :(

I think it might be toast? I've only had it for a few months..

How long did you hold the reset button? Try holding it for at least 30 seconds.
If that doesn't work, power down the cam, while pressing the reset button, provide power back to the cam. Continue to hold the reset button for 60 seconds.

You will then need to set it backup from scratch.

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately tried the steps and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Held the button for a minute, pulled the power while pressing button and repowering up. Continued to hold button for over a minute.

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
Ha! I was browsing around other threads and someone mentioned that if your PTZ camera has trouble booting up check the power supply quality. I swapped out the 5v power supply that came with the camera and now the camera works again!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ha! I was browsing around other threads and someone mentioned that if your PTZ camera has trouble booting up check the power supply quality. I swapped out the 5v power supply that came with the camera and now the camera works again!
Great! Glad it was simple!

NaterTot

n3wb
Reaction score
So how is the receiving audio on this camera? Are people that have it still having a lot of static? Is it a lot of static or something that can be dealt with? I am looking to use this in a baby room and I do not have that room wired as of yet.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
My A46 stopped working some months ago. Power is there, but the ring is always orange, and I cannot get the device to be re-added via the app. Saw this thread and thought I'd give it another try. No such luck. Am not very fond of cameras which require an app to get going to begin with.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NaterTot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks looney2ns. I am probably going to order one tomorrow. Have you tried the Dahua IPC-K46? I saw your review on the k35 and I like the image quality of it. I have not seen really anything on the K46. Would you recommend the Amcrest over the K series?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks looney2ns. I am probably going to order one tomorrow. Have you tried the Dahua IPC-K46? I saw your review on the k35 and I like the image quality of it. I have not seen really anything on the K46. Would you recommend the Amcrest over the K series?
Either is fine, Dahua makes the Amcrest. No on the k46, I have not.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I really the Amcrest model as it can be mounted on the ceiling as well. The zoom surprisingly good and you can get the popular model for as low as $25 during Amazon's lightning deals for new

Reaction score
Not quite one year old dead thread...but close. So anyone else have their A46 die on them? From reading this, I am having second thoughts about getting one for Christmas. A36 maybe....

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Get the Amcrest Pro HD Indoor PTZ camera, amazing camera, hasn't failed on me in the last 3 years

Not quite one year old dead thread...but close. So anyone else have their A46 die on them? From reading this, I am having second thoughts about getting one for Christmas. A35 maybe....