Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are both cams able to be adjusted? I just want to know if I can attach it at the tip of the soffet to point to the back yard and side yard at the same time.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are both cams able to be adjusted? I just want to know if I can attach it at the tip of the soffet to point to the back yard and side yard at the same time.
Hi Elitef,

Each "eyeball" can be independently pointed w/in their rotational ranges. So yes, you should be able to have look in 2 directions.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Elitef,

Each "eyeball" can be independently pointed w/in their rotational ranges. So yes, you should be able to have look in 2 directions.
Great. Thanks for the insight :)
Now to find videos of this cam. I know there are some posted here, but not many. and Youtube doesnt seem to have any either unfortunately :(

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the insight :)
Now to find videos of this cam. I know there are some posted here, but not many. and Youtube doesnt seem to have any either unfortunately :(
Hi Elitef,

This camera is too new to find a lot of youtube videos.
Looney2ns should have the best so far for it.

Look for the similar Dahua 2MP OEM starlight mini-dome wedge camera videos - that should give you an idea.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Elitef,

This camera is too new to find a lot of youtube videos.
Looney2ns should have the best so far for it.

Look for the similar Dahua 2MP OEM starlight mini-dome wedge camera videos - that should give you an idea.
Gotcha. Thanks. I also looked into the Synology compatibility for this cam and looks like it is not listed as compatible. The HDBW4231F-AS is listed, but not the F-E2-M

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks. I also looked into the Synology compatibility for this cam and looks like it is not listed as compatible. The HDBW4231F-AS is listed, but not the F-E2-M
HI Elitef,

1) Just because it is not listed does not mean it will not work - it may work, at least one lens, using the HDBW4231F-AS profile.
2) Wonder if they charge you a license for 2 cameras when the camera has 2 lenses.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure about the licensing aspect of it but not too worried. I have a ton of licenses which are unused. As far the profile goes, agreed, it might work but only to one lens, but that defeats the purpose of getting this camera in that case haha

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns
In BI, what is/are the "Path" that you use to get both channels appear as separate windows for this cam? Mine comes up with an "/" that gets me only channel 2. I appreciate it you can copy and paste your path string here? Thanks.
upload_2018-6-21_15-32-56.png

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually go out to Dahua Wiki site where they have an example of RTSP URL

Remote Access/Embed Video Feed On Website - Dahua Wiki

upload_2018-6-21_16-12-59.png

With that, I use the following configurations to add the channels in BI, and they both come up as separate windows in BI. Note the use of channel 1 with Camera 1, and channel 2 with Camera 2.

upload_2018-6-21_16-14-30.png0
upload_2018-6-21_16-14-56.png

So this camera can show both channels in my Dahua NVR and in BI.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Dahua site recommends the PF203W mount for this cam. Does anyone know if this cam fits perfectly to that mount or is there a little overhang?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to make sure that base of cam is same size as PFB203W.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I want to make sure that base of cam is same size as PFB203W.
This cams base measures 1/16" larger then a 5231xxx turret. So I think you'll be fine.

I actually go out to Dahua Wiki site where they have an example of RTSP URL

Remote Access/Embed Video Feed On Website - Dahua Wiki

View attachment 30712

With that, I use the following configurations to add the channels in BI, and they both come up as separate windows in BI. Note the use of channel 1 with Camera 1, and channel 2 with Camera 2.

View attachment 307130
View attachment 30714

So this camera can show both channels in my Dahua NVR and in BI.
That info is on the first page of this thread. ;)