Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns just back to work, :) i have a question about this dual camera working on the NVR, i can't get 2 pics, just one on the NVR, have you ever test on your NVR4216-16P-4KS2? if you have any idea, please let me know, Thank you!
Sorry, for the delay, just remembered this.

I have success on adding the 2nd channel to the NVR.
After adding the first channel, go back and do a manual add.
Use the same IP address that the NVR assigned to the first channel.
Hopefully the following screen shots will explain the rest.

IMG_20190227_184746919.jpg

Choose the proper dropdown for the next channel
Click Connect after filling fields
IMG_20190227_185602634.jpg

You will get this popup. Select yes.
IMG_20190227_185611914.jpg

Select only the 2nd channel
IMG_20190227_185641769.jpg
Click Apply and you should be up and running.
IMG_20190227_185655481.jpg

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Cant get this to work in Smart PSS mac version. Which i think is version 2.00.0

Only 1 feed for this camera. Ive looked everywhere....

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried is smart PSS via the MAC, and as soon as I tried to add another camera with the same ip, it said something like IP already taken by another camera?

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks all for your suggestions, I've exhausted my knowledge so I've "persuaded" one of the network guys from work to come to my home this weekend to see if he can help. I'll report back once he's visited.
Reporting back! It's sorted . My colleague came over and fixed the problem. I've got a very limited understanding of networks so I'll do my best to explain what he said.
I had a defective switch and plugging in the camera set up something called 'spanning tree' . Replacing the switch and rebooting EVERY thing did the trick.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, it's much appreciated.

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
I've updated SmartPSS to the very latest version for Mac (V2.00.0.R.20180507) and it's still only seeing the first camera streams. Looks like this camera isn't fully supported in the Mac version...

J

dubb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this camera compatible with dahua’s analog to ethernet converter?

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
I've updated SmartPSS to the very latest version for Mac (V2.00.0.R.20180507) and it's still only seeing the first camera streams. Looks like this camera isn't fully supported in the Mac version...

J
Hmm, I finally got a chance to install the latest Windows version of SmartPSS last night (SmartPSS_International_Win32_IS_V2.02.1.R.180619)

I'm only seeing the first camera in that as well! Exactly the same behaviour as the Mac version.

Which version are people using that have successfully viewed the second camera output? Also what firmware is the camera running?

J

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I finally got a chance to install the latest Windows version of SmartPSS last night (SmartPSS_International_Win32_IS_V2.02.1.R.180619)

I'm only seeing the first camera in that as well! Exactly the same behaviour as the Mac version.

Which version are people using that have successfully viewed the second camera output? Also what firmware is the camera running?

J
As I posted A couple of post's back.
"In the latest version of SmartPSS 2.02.7, available here: Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki.
I can do a "Auto Search" in the "devices" tab, and it will find both channels and display both.
This works doing a manual add as well."

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
As I posted A couple of post's back.
"In the latest version of SmartPSS 2.02.7, available here: Template:SmartPSS - Dahua Wiki.
I can do a "Auto Search" in the "devices" tab, and it will find both channels and display both.
This works doing a manual add as well."
Success! :)

For Windows at least. Now, is there a newer version for Mac...

J

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you guys like this camera so far?

Is this the only booby cam out there by dahua?

Reaction score
Okay I'm confused. Will this camera fit both screens in one channel on my Dahua 4ch nvr or will I need two channels spare for it to work? I already have 3 cameras and would like 2 more cameras that can film two different directions like one facing the front gate and one facing the rear gate. Giving me 5 screens with 2 of those cameras sharing one nvr channel? Cheers

TinyTim

n3wb
Reaction score
So far the camera works great for covering my front door and approach. I get a nice side profile video and a straight on video with this camera.

My Camera 5 2019-3-12 10.21.25.345 AM.jpg My Camera 4 2019-3-12 10.20.57.664 AM.jpg

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with IVS? It seems that I can only configure it on 1 of the two cameras. I can switch the camera that it uses by selecting a different channel in smart plan. Is there really no way to have it do both cameras?

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with IVS? It seems that I can only configure it on 1 of the two cameras. I can switch the camera that it uses by selecting a different channel in smart plan. Is there really no way to have it do both cameras?
Yes, IVS can only be set on channel 1, and Backlight Setting is only available for channel 1 as well. See my post #85 in this thread. I have asked @EMPIRETECANDY for a more recent update of the firmware to see if they have any fixes for these problems.