Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal

l4cky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Power and data (video audio) passes through the CAT5E/CAT6 cable.
I wonder what are the cables attached with audio in and audio out?

and another one for alarm? does it work with honeywell lynx 5210? What kind of cables do i need? or it's all connected to rj45?

DMF

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY, Just received my IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS in 3 business days to Vancouver Canada. I'm not quite sure why, but I can't seem to view the Main Stream in the live webui. The Sub Stream works fine though. Using latest chrome on OSX.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks to @EMPIRETECANDY, Just received my IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS in 3 business days to Vancouver Canada. I'm not quite sure why, but I can't seem to view the Main Stream in the live webui. The Sub Stream works fine though. Using latest chrome on OSX.
Your network/computer is bit slow or old, i have this happen on my 8 years old pc. when change on a newer pc, then no problem.

DMF

n3wb
Reaction score
Your network/computer is bit slow or old, i have this happen on my 8 years old pc. when change on a newer pc, then no problem.
Thanks, but that's unlikely the problem. The client is a fully loaded 2018 Macbook Pro and speedtest.net is showing 100Mbps from Internet let alone local to camera. VLC plays live RTSP Main Stream fine as well.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Set the i-frame interval to the same as FPS. With the latest firmware, if the i-frame interval is set to the default (2x the FPS), the main stream goes blank for me. It appears fine in Blue Iris.

joqhith

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks, recently purchased an IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS from Andy, and before I do anything, I want to
bring the Firmware to its latest version.

Andy has the latest Firmware listed here as 20180813:
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS latest new firmware 20180813

However, on that same page, near the bottom, there are others who are asking/claiming that there is yet
another, newer version Firmware, but then the thread just sort of ends.

Can anyone confirm that there is a version newer than 20180813?

And lastly, dealing with the IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS, is there any official documentation dealing
with the procedure to apply the latest Firmware?

Thank you.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks, recently purchased an IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS from Andy, and before I do anything, I want to
bring the Firmware to its latest version.

Andy has the latest Firmware listed here as 20180813:
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS latest new firmware 20180813

However, on that same page, near the bottom, there are others who are asking/claiming that there is yet
another, newer version Firmware, but then the thread just sort of ends.

Can anyone confirm that there is a version newer than 20180813?

And lastly, dealing with the IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS, is there any official documentation dealing
with the procedure to apply the latest Firmware?

Thank you.
It will normally come with the latest firmware from the factory. If it's not broke don't fix it.