Review-Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 4k Mini Bullet

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have this IPC-HFW1831C-PIR and the IPC-T5442. Great cameras. I know the PFA130-E can work for the IPC-T5442 but is there a junction box that could work for the IPC-HFW1831C? Maybe the PFA134 with the included swivel mount? It's got about a 2" diameter 3-hole pattern and no cable management (I hate the mounting for it).
As far as I know there is no junction box specifically but I'm sure you can make some new holes in a pfa130.

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no junction box specifically but I'm sure you can make some new holes in a pfa130.
I've never seen one, is the top plastic? Not a fan of drilling metal, if it's metal I'd probably just use a PVC junction box.

Hard to believe Dahua doesn't make something specifically compatible with that type of mount though, the swivel mount looks like it has a very standard hole pattern.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never seen one, is the top plastic? Not a fan of drilling metal, if it's metal I'd probably just use a PVC junction box.

Hard to believe Dahua doesn't make something specifically compatible with that type of mount though, the swivel mount looks like it has a very standard hole pattern.
1831c - pir comes with 2 mounts the square rm mount has holes and might match up with a dahua junction box

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1831c - pir comes with 2 mounts the square rm mount has holes and might match up with a dahua junction box
Ahh, that's a good idea. Although the other mount is better since it has an X and Y axis, w/ the plate the only adjustment is Y axis, the X is set to however you position the plate on the surface.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello

I have a Lorex LNB8105X that I believe is the same as the Dahua Camera ?. When I try to upload the firmware dh_ipc-hx2x3x v.2.800.0000013.0.r.191202.bin to it nothing happens after it reboots at the end. Am I doing something wrong ?

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream2_V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605.zip
If reboots and can't update, the camera's firmware locked. So have to use lorex to update only.
Thank you. Lorex seem to be doing this on their cameras and no firmware pages I can see online. I will contact their support but not holding my breath :)

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had put my front Door camera project on hold for many months, now back at it.
I purchased a HFW1831C-PIR and modified it so it can be used with an external speaker. That was successful. I have tested with the alarm hooked to an amplified speaker (extremely load).

However, I can't seem to figure out how to talk to the camera. The dahua web browser does not have a top right icon for microphone. Blue Iris 4 is a bigger mystery. The end game is to access video and two way audio in a web browser that can be shared around the house. Need to talk to the package man frequently. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the version information obtained from the dahua browser information tab.
Thanks,

• Version
Device TypeIPC-HFW1831C-PIR
System VersionV2.800.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-02
WEB VersionV3.2.1.825578
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.3.822559)
S/N5M01xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Security Baseline VersionV1.4
Copyright 2019, all rights reserved.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I had put my front Door camera project on hold for many months, now back at it.
I purchased a HFW1831C-PIR and modified it so it can be used with an external speaker. That was successful. I have tested with the alarm hooked to an amplified speaker (extremely load).

However, I can't seem to figure out how to talk to the camera. The dahua web browser does not have a top right icon for microphone. Blue Iris 4 is a bigger mystery. The end game is to access video and two way audio in a web browser that can be shared around the house. Need to talk to the package man frequently. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is the version information obtained from the dahua browser information tab.
Thanks,

• Version
Device TypeIPC-HFW1831C-PIR
System VersionV2.800.0000013.0.R, Build Date: 2019-12-02
WEB VersionV3.2.1.825578
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.3.822559)
S/N5M01xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Security Baseline VersionV1.4
Copyright 2019, all rights reserved.
I know the Android app: gdmss plus works for sure

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update. I got two way audio to work with the Smart PSS application on windows
I would like to know if it is possible to make two way audio (talk and listen non-duplex) with either the Dahua web server or the BI webserver? I'm still using BI 4, would BI 5 help? Searching to make the interface family friendly. Ideally added to my HomeAssistant page. thanks again,

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Update. I got two way audio to work with the Smart PSS application on windows
I would like to know if it is possible to make two way audio (talk and listen non-duplex) with either the Dahua web server or the BI webserver? I'm still using BI 4, would BI 5 help? Searching to make the interface family friendly. Ideally added to my HomeAssistant page. thanks again,
Bi works for me. Use dahua and the 1831c in the drop box

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm running a headless BI machine. I access cameras and recordings typically through the BI webpage interface. I still would like to know if the talk function is available through the BI webpage. In BI 4 there is not an icon for a microphone, only speaker. The sound from supported cameras on my network plays on the BI 4 webpage . I'm trying to understand if that is a setup issue or a limitation with BI 4 (no audio talk capabilities on the webpage). If this is not an available option on BI 4, it would be nice to know if it is on BI 5.

Pigbait

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Lorex seem to be doing this on their cameras and no firmware pages I can see online. I will contact their support but not holding my breath :)
Did you ever manage to get this firmware? Also can I Flash my lnb8105x to this better firmware directly from my NVR?

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you ever manage to get this firmware? Also can I Flash my lnb8105x to this better firmware directly from my NVR?
Hello, I phoned them up a while back but they said I had the latest firmware. Since then I have only bought Dahua Original or Hikvision Cameras as the firmware updates are often and once after the initial outlay of buying a decent NVR etc, the IP Camera's are easy to swap out. I still have a couple of the lorex in use indoors though, so would be interested if anyone ever did manage to update to a Dahua firmware.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OH, I am about this. I have a bunch of the ADC2Ws and love the form factor and the features. I have them installed over the place. Adding POE. I am about it

Pigbait

n3wb
Reaction score
Yah would b
Hello, I phoned them up a while back but they said I had the latest firmware. Since then I have only bought Dahua Original or Hikvision Cameras as the firmware updates are often and once after the initial outlay of buying a decent NVR etc, the IP Camera's are easy to swap out. I still have a couple of the lorex in use indoors though, so would be interested if anyone ever did manage to update to a Dahua firmware.
Would becool to see if the Dahua firmware would work on a lnb8105x

Thanks for getting back to me

val-ipcam

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know what file to use on the camera
I upgraded LNB8105X to DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream2_V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605.bin via TFTP, and then was able to upgrade via GUI to DH_IPC-HX2X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_NP_Stream2_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707.bin. I did it recently, so not sure how reliable it will be. After upgrade IVS became available, which seems to work fine so far.