Review-Dahua SD1A203T-GN Starlight Mini PTZ

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it in the thread but why couldn't you paint the black surface white? (Making sure to mask off the up the IRs and such. )
This would be great in my mom's home who lives alone at 84 to check in on her but would pref it was all white.
I asked about that somewhere, but never got an answer other than to buy the model with no IR. I too wondered if the half of it that is black would come off so you could paint it after removing the dome.

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interested in this.. I have two cameras (hdbw-4431) above my garage door. Do you think these perform better and would be worthy of upgrade? Can it read license plates at night or during the day?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interested in this.. I have two cameras (hdbw-4431) above my garage door. Do you think these perform better and would be worthy of upgrade? Can it read license plates at night or during the day?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Typically you need to setup a camera dedicated to just LPR. Read the LPR subject area on this board.
It's also usually better to have more fixed cams then adding a PTZ.

Zachi

n3wb
Reaction score
The last one that in stock on Ali website says: Signal System: Pal.

Will it work normally in the USA? If it's not NTSC. I didn't know that network cameras have this kind of signal.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NTSC/PAL is important for analog video, but I haven’t seen a recent IP camera that has analog video out. This camera is 100% digital video, so NTSC/PAL won’t make much of a difference —- mostly just the frame rate multiples (PAL is multiples of 25, NTSC is multiples of 30, but most folks record at 15 FPS because it’s more than enough and saves space). Dahua lets you change the camera between NTSC/PAL by flashing a different version of the firmware.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a friend who wants something like this camera just to watch critters in the yard. He has no other cameras nor NVRs and no experience with them.

Could he use the wireless version of this camera as a "Stand-alone" unit without having to have a NVR or BI etc?
Basically be able to log into the unit from his computer to set it up, and then use something like TinyCam Pro to watch it remotely and just have it record to the on-board SD card storage?
Or would this absolutely require a NVR to use and set up?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Should work fine as you described. I'm not sure if TinyCamPro can see SD-card recordings, may need to use the free Dahua smartphone app (DMSS) for that (which can also watch "live" remotely).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Should work fine as you described. I'm not sure if TinyCamPro can see SD-card recordings, may need to use the free Dahua smartphone app (DMSS) for that (which can also watch "live" remotely).
Correct, Tinycam can't see the recordings on the SD card.
But, he could use his PC, with the Web interface of the camera for viewing recordings.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed. I bought two from Andy - one with wireless as I wanted to see how that goes. On wireless - it seems to get bogged down fast if other things are also on and using the wireless here - that it literally only a couple of cell phones. Seems that about 75% of the time I can just barely access it and than have to wait a lot between doing anything or even getting a picture. It shows about a 90% wireless signal too... Could just be the configuration of things up here though. I'm not really sure. I was just curious anyways. I'm ultimately going to hardwire it. For testing though, I stuck it on the ceiling out in the install bay here at my shop. It does get HOT out there too - probably well over 100 (F) during the day.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed. I bought two from Andy - one with wireless as I wanted to see how that goes. On wireless - it seems to get bogged down fast if other things are also on and using the wireless here - that it literally only a couple of cell phones. Seems that about 75% of the time I can just barely access it and than have to wait a lot between doing anything or even getting a picture. It shows about a 90% wireless signal too... Could just be the configuration of things up here though. I'm not really sure. I was just curious anyways. I'm ultimately going to hardwire it. For testing though, I stuck it on the ceiling out in the install bay here at my shop. It does get HOT out there too - probably well over 100 (F) during the day.
Camera heating no worry at all, dahua has full testing for different using temperature, so no big problem.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That AI link is in Italian...Do you have the U.S. link for it and the wireless please?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on lots of factors, one big one is how many other wifi systems are in range to interfere with yours?
You might use a scanning tool and see what channel is least used, and change to that channel.