REVIEW- Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR 4MP AI mini PTZ

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How to disable "Object filter" in IVS rules? This check box is greyed out. I want to change back from "Deep" to simple IVS known from older cams like IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, because I want to get alarms caused by animals.

Attachments

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m about to pick up a couple of these. Will the AI male the PTZ zoom in on a person? Or is the AI to just tell the difference between a person and a car before it triggers?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The AI is present to just tell the difference between a person and a car. You're not going to be seeing autotracking in this model. However, creating presets is supported. :)

Hi guys. I’m about to pick up a couple of these. Will the AI male the PTZ zoom in on a person? Or is the AI to just tell the difference between a person and a car before it triggers?

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When mounting this camera, did you orient the IR to the front position? Or leave it to the side? I'm installing mine above the front door within a 4 foot wide, 3 ft deep entryway.

Edit: Nevermind - What I thought was IR was the photo sensor. I see now that their are two IR LEDs in odd positioning.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I replied to you on your other thread. :) I mounted mine under the ceiling.

When mounting this camera, did you orient the IR to the front position? Or leave it to the side? I'm installing mine above the front door within a 4 foot wide, 3 ft deep entryway.

Edit: Nevermind - What I thought was IR was the photo sensor. I see now that their are two IR LEDs in odd positioning.

wvthoog

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought this cam from Andy last week and got delivered today. Great cam.Very nice image quality. Even in low light.

Unfortunately doesn't support RTMP. Maybe in future firmware update ?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bigredfish
How did you mount it flat to the stuco like that? I'm used to turret cameras that I need to have access to the back-side of the wall in order to mount the camera directly. Otherwise, I have to use a junction mount. Does the hardware that comes with this camera allow it to be mounted directly without access to the backside of the wall?

It's really nice. Junction mounts make the camera look much bigger.

1587438366827.png

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a steel base plate, that you mount to the wall and then you twist on the camera to that base plate. Than you secure it with a side screw, visible in the image.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That was obviously just a temporary mounting job to test as someone asked if it would work that way. I just mounted the metal plate it came with directly to the wall with a couple of pre-existing holes where I had a turret mounted.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can the cable make the 90 degree turn right out of the camera like that? I'm actually wanting to mount it that way permanently - would it be problematic? I saw @bigredfish note that you have to aim it right because the firmware always assumes horizontal mounting. But aside from that?

That was obviously just a temporary mounting job to test as someone asked if it would work that way. I just mounted the metal plate directly to the wall with a couple of pre-existing holes where I had a turret mounted.
There is a steel base plate, that you mount to the wall and then you twist on the camera to that base plate. Than you secure it with a side screw, visible in the image.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can the cable make the 90 degree turn right out of the camera like that? I'm actually wanting to mount it that way permanently - would it be problematic? I saw @bigredfish note that you have to aim it right because the firmware always assumes horizontal mounting. But aside from that?
yes and yes

thendawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So Im not sure what someone said about it being the "same sensor with more pixels" its not, its a diff starvis sensor entirely, but not the one I was hoping for :( So the traditional 2MP "Starlight" cameras use the IMX290/29, as far as I can tell this is using the IMX335, which is like the "cost-down" 5MP starvis sensor. The 4MP "Starlight+"cameras use the IMX347 from what I can tell, which is the larger (1/1.8) 4MP starvis sensor. All of these meet the starvis low light criteria, but obv some will be better than others. The idea with the 335, imo, is to get a sensor that gets the advantage of higher mp during the day, but at least IMX290-ish quality at night, based on what Ive seen so far its close. The IMX347 blows them both away, but in a more expensive package. I havent found a PTZ yet with that sensor under $600-700.

Im planning to pick one of these up shortly, I have 2 cameras that utilize the 291 sensor, so Ill have plenty of direct comparison, but from what Ive seen so far, it seems the best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bigredfish, how is this one compared to the SD29204UE-GN 2MP that you also reviewed a few months back? which one would you recommended if it was using for inside the house, hallways/stairs, pretty low light most of the time...thanks.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've never used a PTZ Dahua before. Is it typical to be able to set locations (like location 1, location 2, etc) on the camera and via some API (raspberry pi, etc) command the camera to go to those locations? So you can write your own script to have the camera go to and stop at various pan/tilt coordinates throughout the day?