Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy - Thank you for your help. I seem to be missing the smart plan when logged into the camera. See screenshot below. Also when I go to it inside the IE web browser the camera does not show up to set a smart plan.

View attachment 63443
what is the firmware build date of your ptz?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy - Thank you for your help. I seem to be missing the smart plan when logged into the camera. See screenshot below. Also when I go to it inside the IE web browser the camera does not show up to set a smart plan.

View attachment 63443
Smart plan missing mainly because the smart codec is on, these 2 can't exist at the same time, so just turn off the smart codec, the smart plan will be back.
1591684609635.png

1591684941180.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@TJIP yes always remember cannot have smart codec on if you want to use IVS rules/smart plan.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the night view performance like?
Can you switch off the IR and run in low light colour as the footage from my current IPC-HFW5231 over the 25 meter area it covers is perfectly acceptable to me.
Could I expect better or worse footage from the 49225XA and will effect the tracking ?

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I notice that even when I turn off the IR in settings, I am still seeing the red lights on the camera at night. I tried "off" and now I'm going to try IR manual and set both settings to "0". The IR isn't needed in my situation and it attracts bugs which set off recording.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Both have a 1/2.8” 2Megapixel progressive scan STARVIS™ CMOS sensor if anything the IPC-HFW5231 should be slightly better

IPC-HFW5231

Colour:0.006Lux@F1.4
B/W:0.05Lux@F1.4

SD49225XA-HNR

Colour: 0.005Lux@F1.6
B/W: 0.0005Lux@F1.6

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
What is the night view performance like?
Can you switch off the IR and run in low light colour as the footage from my current IPC-HFW5231 over the 25 meter area it covers is perfectly acceptable to me.
Could I expect better or worse footage from the 49225XA and will effect the tracking ?
testing at the totally dark places, not bad. If yours HFW5231e can do color pic in the night automatically, then the ptz also can do it.
1591924639188.png
1591924652401.png
1591924675555.png

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
@aaabs I purchased this camera here in UK £293 Inc VAT and delivery, it came with a 3 year UK Warranty next working day.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a few trade accounts here in UK and could pass my discount on to help you. As above looking at the spec on both camera's on paper look about the same but you would benefit the 25x zoom and Ai with Auto tracking after a firmware update.

I would have no issues in recommending this camera and I use one myself.

You would also need a PFA 120 backbox to mount the camera around £15 and a suitable power supply ( POE Injector ) £20 ish.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The very early batch SD49225XA-HNR which support Auto tracking after a firmware update(@Wildcat_1 cam is using build in autotracking), the later batches not support anymore, we double checked this with the dahua engineer. So any guy said the autotracking still can work after update, that is not right, and we don't take any responsibility for any wrong promise.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As @EMPIRETECANDY said and I mentioned in this thread when I mentioned features like AI Live, there are 2 branches of the FW for this camera. These include the ‘standard’ FW for the versions that came WITH Auto Tracking enabled and the ‘custom’ that was built for those that had Auto Tracking disabled at the factory. If you have the one that came disabled then you must use the custom branch to unlock Auto Tracking and you will have to continue using that branch of FW until a time that Dahua merges branches. IF you decide to load the FW for the standard branch then you will lose Auto Tracking for those canes that never came with it from factory. Just want to make sure all are aware.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm now confused.
Are the current models auto tracking enabled and what model number ?
I'm seeing SD49225XA-HNR and SD49225T-HN-S2 but can't identify the difference.
Read through the thread from start to finish and thought the auto tracking had been restored with a firmware upgrade that was available to all SD49225XA

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi aabs, The SD49225XA-HNR comes "standard" now without Auto tracking feature as Dahua removed this feature because they are greedy censored and want you to buy more expensive models such as 5 or 6 series.

SD49225XA-HNR and SD49225T-HN-S2 the difference is the 225T is the old model not Ai and no PFA and sucks@ auto tracking.

Dahua do have a "secret custom firmware" which is not available to download.

There are a few sellers who will load this firmware on the camera for you ONLY if you buy the camera from them but they will not send you the firmware if you buy the camera elsewhere.
I have this "Secret Dahua Firmware "which I have sent it to many forum members here who have re enabled auto tracking on their camera's without any problems.

I am not a trader or seller and don't make any profit from here or anywhere else I just like to help people this matters to me more than money. If you want to buy this camera from where ever and it comes without auto tracking send me a PM and I will send you the "Secret Dahua Firmware"

Regards Andy

PS: Remember anything you buy from China has Zero UK Warranty and if anything went pear shaped with it you can imagine the ball ache you will have.

Last edited: