Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@aabs yes as mentioned in this thread idle motion does work. If you still see this issue then try a factory default on the cam and worst case the NVR but just the cam reset should do it for you. @jmcu was using 3/10 FW as well. Will also reply to your DM if you need anything else

HTH
Factory Reset did not work. Camera remains parked in preset 2 when triggered by spotter cam.
judging by @jmcu comments it looks like its been a legacy issue hence the work around he has identified but thats certainly not a fix :blankstare:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@aabs if you are using Timed Tasks (Tour for example) this will bring the cam back inline with the tour after a spotter has pulled to preset so that assists too.

Factory Reset did not work. Camera remains parked in preset 2 when triggered by spotter cam.
judging by @jmcu comments it looks like its been a legacy issue hence the work around he has identified but thats certainly not a fix :blankstare:

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe so, as indictated by jmcu a while back but what is being done to rectify the idle bug?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m going to check this on a couple of different model units I have access to, see if I can replicate in different scenarios. If it works for me then will share, if doesn’t work then will look to see if a bug was ever filed.

Either way as I mentioned there are workarounds if you are seeing this issue to bring your cam back to Tour or defined Preset (depending on your setup) using timed tasks for now. If you’ve not used timed tasks definitely check out using them as they can be very powerful and a great addition to any config.

Personally I utilize these in most triangulated or quad based coverage environments that I use PTZ activation in

I believe so, as indictated by jmcu a while back but what is being done to rectify the idle bug?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@kabar

Where did you purchase from ? If you have a non native Auto Tracking version then you would generally go to your dealer/distributor to request the custom firmware that Dahua made available to them.

HTH

I Don't have auto tracking on sd49225xa. Can you help me? :(

kabar

n3wb
Reaction score
@kabar

Where did you purchase from ? If you have a non native Auto Tracking version then you would generally go to your dealer/distributor to request the custom firmware that Dahua made available to them.

HTH
I bought 2 from a distributor. one has auto tracking and the other does not. I contacted the distributor and it is not possible to help me :( I don't know what to do.No one can help: (((

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine should be at my house any minute now. I'm at work, hrrr. The 59225 is a bit bigger and heavier camera, right?

Reaction score
Question--- the menu system has "human" and "automobile" detection and tracking. If a car pulls in the driveway and parks, will the camera detect and switch target / tracking to the human getting out of the car instead of the motionless car?

@Wildcat_1 -- your pic shows your mount combo on the exterior siding.
1595447128431.png

It looks like it is flush mounted-- should it technically be "shimmed" to be plumbed true vertically? Does it matter?

I am wondering about using something like this or a home-made variation to counter the angle of the siding...
1595447785041.png

Reaction score
It's a PTZ, it will not matter.

Here is one with a low profile soffit mount

View attachment 66930
Great looking install man--- you have a vertical orientation built-in with that mounting solution.
I can not use my soffit for this-- My soffit is flimsy aluminum with nothing above it and no easy way to secure anything, so I have to mount to the siding. I am wondering about the impact of that backwards tilt.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Any PTZ camera should be mounted plumb and true. It will NOT switch objects as you wanted until it returns to preset and tracks the moving object again.