Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s a 6 series Andy test cam with the PFA... which is weird to get used to but not too bad, still dialing it in ...

I think the focus issue was on the older 5 series 45x and your capture looks good I like it a lot and it looks very fast to respond also.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Too bad you have tp notice it autofocus every step of the way. Should be subtle, unfortunately that's just the nature of these PTZ variable zoom lenses

Yeahbut it breaks track early a lot... like I say, still dialing it in. Hope to havew a review up next weekend

(and yes the palm tree has to go)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
duh, didnt notice the control before. yep off it is now, we'll see if there's a difference. Thx

misterfredsr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks ljw2k, I seen that in the specs. I thought I read somewhere (somewhere in one of these forums) that sandisk is not very good and that samsung was one of the better ones. I'm going to climb up and add an sd card I only want to do it one time.
There is something like 20 different 256gb sd cards with costs everywhere. Just looking to narrow the list down to something the cam likes.

Last edited:

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
I live on the flight path of a airport, planes pass across the front of my property, would it be possible to use this camera to track the planes and zoom in and pan, I have tried setting this up and have been unable to achieve this, I have tried using deep ivs with intrusion, with trip wire, but planes passing don't even trigger let alone pan and zoom, any guidance greatly appreciated

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 thanks for the detail review .I have read few pages on this and looks very exciting . I recently got my first 5442 up and running, I was thinking to have this installed in backyard. Attached is a picture where I was thinking of installing. I am thinking I could this to monitor backyard and the side alley. Can you please advice if this camera is suitable. How does this track "follow" when there are bunch of kids playing in backyard?. If you notice in the picture there is window from my neighbor's room, I want to make sure the camera doesn't record anything on that side, is that possible?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@S0619212 - this is a great camera, but as several of us have said in your other thread about a PTZ, I think the field of view would be too tight for that location, plus you lose the advantage of the great zoom this thing has.

I have the 4MP equivalent of this camera and it works best at distance viewing. Even for my front yard zoomed all the way out I cannot see property line to property line left to right at the street. My lot is 80 feet wide at the street 50 feet away from my camera and I cannot see my entire front yard zoomed out - I wish I could zoom it out just a little more. You will miss out on a lot of the backyard with this camera. As I mentioned in your other thread, my lot is a typical subdivision lot (80 feet by 175 feet) and this thing in the backyard is overkill. Zoomed all the way out, I miss well over half of my backyard. Looking down at my 20'x30' patio from the 2nd floor, I only see a roughly 10'x12' portion of my patio when zoomed all the way out. Yours is a one story, so it will be even tighter.

As far as tracking, it will pick one object to track and does a very good job at it. But the camera has to see your kid first before it can track and unless your lot is 200+ feet deep, they will be so close that they camera will have trouble tracking once it zooms in.

Can you post a picture standing at that corner of the house looking at your backyard to further confirm this camera would be overkill for your situation? It's a great camera and I recommend it fully, but like every camera, it has to be placed in the right situation/location.

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I live on the flight path of a airport, planes pass across the front of my property, would it be possible to use this camera to track the planes and zoom in and pan, I have tried setting this up and have been unable to achieve this, I have tried using deep ivs with intrusion, with trip wire, but planes passing don't even trigger let alone pan and zoom, any guidance greatly appreciated

I could take a look at your settings for you via Team Viewer or make me a login.

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apologies for double post, I wanted to get some idea on this particular camera. After all the recommendations, I think I would just go with a another IPC-T5442T-ZE and may be a IPC-T5442T-AS for the side alley.

Thanks again.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 thanks for the detail review .I have read few pages on this and looks very exciting . I recently got my first 5442 up and running, I was thinking to have this installed in backyard. Attached is a picture where I was thinking of installing. I am thinking I could this to monitor backyard and the side alley. Can you please advice if this camera is suitable. How does this track "follow" when there are bunch of kids playing in backyard?. If you notice in the picture there is window from my neighbor's room, I want to make sure the camera doesn't record anything on that side, is that possible?
almost always it is better to have more fixed cameras than it is a pan tilt zoom. A pantele zoom has a high probability of looking in the wrong direction when something happens.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
PTZ always good for opening place and have good place to hang at high location, we met some guys install very low and near the road, camera don't have time to start up the autotracking, car disappear. Can't think the camera's autotracking as fast as weapon's autotracking. :)

rmi63

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been playing around with this camera and have been pretty happy with the performance. I do have a question on my night image. I have this halo around all of my videos. I'm pretty new at this stuff but is there a way to get rid of it? I assume it has something to do with the IR light but need help from the pros!
PTZ-20201116-075336.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That almost looks like the ring glare from a dome camera, which this camera isn't.

I suspect either the IR protective ring around the lens is loose and letting IR bounce in at the camera itself or you are getting IR bounce back from something outside the viewing image. Is it present regardless of zoom level and direction it is pointing?