Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Per my DM @Arjun, just reach out if you need some help.

Good thing is that I don't think it was a hardware issue; it was more of a firmware issue, newer firmware will definitely help

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The ptz at your original position, some places can't view. Esp the left side. For home ptz, normally we install at the side of the house to watch the whole yard, Your house's structure better use 2 fixed motorized cams at the left and right, recommend to use IPC-T5442T-ZE(if have better budget) and IPC-T3241T-ZAS. If you love ptz, still have to add a fixed camera on the left.
View attachment 71678
This setup still wouldn't monitor the patio area right?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone come into this place, the cams already capture their faces.
Maybe you install a doorbell camera at this place if have any visitor from this door.
1601433397778.png

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m on the market for a camera with PTZ features but don’t have the patience for all the issues being reported. Any recommendations for a Hikvision model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m on the market for a camera with PTZ features but don’t have the patience for all the issues being reported. Any recommendations for a Hikvision model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe start by posting in the Hikvision forum as this is the Dahua forum!

Erikg

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that my camera stopped tracking. I went into my settings to see what was going on and deep ivs is gone. Auto update is off. Its been working great and tracking was finally exactly the way I wanted it except a stupid tree that would cause it to lose focus sometimes as cars or people crossed its view. Pleas dont tell me they disabled the feature again. I thought wuth auto update off I would be safe.

Erikg

n3wb
Reaction score
System log shows auto maintain the day the camera stopped tracking. Evidently in settings there are firmware updates and auto maintain which must also do updates. Now my camera is screwed up. I guess I'll email Andy and hope there is a fix.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It doesn't back to the exact Preset 1 position again; might have to perform a reset

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Erikg
Yep was going to suggest you looked there. In the meantime, Auto Maintain is ok (reboots the cam) BUT I would strongly advise against Auto Update if you have it on. This is especially of concern when you are running a custom, non main branch FW like the one available on the 49225 to restore tracking. Last tip is while you're at it, make sure you've setup your firewall rules to block the cams from internet access as well, no need to let these out. If you DO need to access when away from the property then setup a VPN connect.

HTH

I figured it out just now. Somehow smart codec was turned on with h.265 which disabled the tabs.

Erikg

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out the vpn setup to no avail. Is there a good video or tutorial on setting it up. I have an asus router that can be set up with a VPN but how that would integrate with the cameras is so far beyond my ability.

Erikg

n3wb
Reaction score
Well that seems simple enough. All the videos I have watched and they made it seem so complicated with open vpn software and paid software and such. I gave up. Ill take a look again. Thank you.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Open VPN is FREE provided with your Asus Router the other paid VPN 's are just to hide your IP which is not needed. I am not a Networking guy and managed to set the Asus Router up after asking a few questions here which may help you.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Welp.. Preset slip is back with a vengeance. It slips any time I manually control the camera or select presets that are far apart from each other. When it does slip you can hear a grinding noise as though the gears are slipping or something similar is physically going wrong inside the camera. See the attached videos of it happening. In the video of the camera itself you can hear the normal PTZ "whine" and then hear the very distinct grinding/clicking noise when it slips. I've also included the video from the camera itself where you can see when I call the FrontDoor preset the first few times it points at the door but when it slips it points out into the yard instead. I can manually drive the camera far right beyond the "zero" position then when I go back left you can see it zero itself again.

In the video I was quickly jumping between presets to try to get it to do it several times for the video. Even if I am slowly jumping around or on a preset cycle it will slip anytime it goes between presets that are more than about 90 degrees apart from each other. Whats odd is that I was manually controlling the camera throughout the week with no issues. Then when I went to do it this morning I encountered the slip and it seems to be sticking around this time.

Video of the camera. First slip around the 00:41 mark.

Video from the camera itself. First slip at the 00:39 mark.

I plan to spin the camera 90 degrees so that "zero" is straight out into the yard, that way whenever it pans around it will pass that point. It will also be better with the Home preset being called because it will actually look at something worthwhile when it is called instead of just my pillar. My concern with this workaround is it doesn't seem to actually reset until it goes right beyond the zero position and then comes back left across it. So if I am jumping right quick to look at something all the presets will be goofed up until I pan far enough left again for it to correct itself. I'm also concerned that the slipping could cause more permanent damage over time. If it is in fact a gear or belt slipping I gotta imagine that will cause wear on the parts that are slipping against each other.
I will have to test this on my end again to verify. Mine doesn’t return to original preset; it’s a few degrees off

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Arjun, you can test it as much as you like or upgrade/downgrade the firmware as many times as you wish. unfortunately this WON'T FIX the preset slip as it is a hardware manufacture problem whcih would need an exchange or refund I am sorry to say.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Arjun, you can test it as much as you like or upgrade/downgrade the firmware as many times as you wish. unfortunately this WON'T FIX the preset slip as it is a hardware manufacture problem whcih would need an exchange or refund I am sorry to say.
I need to make sure though if it’s an actual slip; will be able to find out out by thoroughly testing multiple presets; will update here soon