Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dangit, that old "if it aint broke, fix it till it is" saying got me. I had motion tracking working, but i've lost it ever since i messed around with it a week or two ago. I had made a save of the settings (through import/export) and even reverted to my original working settings and its not working. Can someone let me know what setting is wrong?
Let me know if you need other settings snapshots.
1627926285385.png
1627926337634.png
1627926357181.png
1627926373700.png
1627926396054.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After updating firmware, always be sure to reset the cam back to factory defaults.
Set the camera back up from scratch, don't import saved settings.
Leave space on all sides of the intrusion box you have drawn.
Test and confirm, if not working, then re-adjust and reconfirm.
Try tripwires instead maybe.
Rinse repeat.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After updating firmware, always be sure to reset the cam back to factory defaults.
Set the camera back up from scratch, don't import saved settings.
Leave space on all sides of the intrusion box you have drawn.
Test and confirm, if not working, then re-adjust and reconfirm.
Try tripwires instead maybe.
Rinse repeat.
So i didn't update the firmware, i just exported the settings before (at least i thought i did before i changed anything, but might not have been the case) i started messing with anything.

I'll do a reset and give it a try. Do my settings look fine though? If they dont work i'll try the trip wires.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes those appear correct.

Do not update the firmware or you will lose autotracking.

Sounds like some bug in the settings file. You would probably be best off to factory reset and try setting up from scratch.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like you’re using IVS to watch for humans (not vehicles). And MD and SMD are not enabled.

For some reason I don’t completely understand, I’ve found intrusion boxes for rather large areas like that don’t work as well as zig zag Tripwires for human detection, whereas intrusion boxes seem to work better with vehicles…

In a similar size FOV I’m having great success with one overlapping the other

IVS-lines.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do not need MD and SMD enabled if you have IVS going. My PTZs do not have those enabled and track.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes those appear correct.

Do not update the firmware or you will lose autotracking.

Sounds like some bug in the settings file. You would probably be best off to factory reset and try setting up from scratch.
Ok, i'll start fresh and let you guys know.

Here's the firmware info. Looks like its back from 2019
1627931763549.png

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well i'm still not getting auto tracking. It sure looks like its doing its recognition because its picking up cars.
1627998917645.png
I've got everything under Video Detection (motion, video tamper, scene changing) and Smart Motion Detection turned off
Here's the Deep IVS
1627999849134.png

Is it the "Action" should i have "Cross" also checked and Enter & Exit selected?

Also, what is everyone using for the Stream settings? I cant remember what i had it at before the reset.
1627999962211.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I check cross and enter/exit on mine

Also try setting record delay to 10

check your time period

That’s a very low bitrate, I run 8192

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Follow this guide for the AT setting.
Thanks! Looks like these are the settings i'm using, except using Intrusion instead of Tripwire.
I check cross and enter/exit on mine

Also try setting record delay to 10

check your time period

That’s a very low bitrate, I run 8192
I've changed it to enters/exits....just waiting for someone to walk by.....

How did you pick 8192 for the video bitrate?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Simply because its the highest choice before a custom rate and years of trial and error.. 2048 is more like substream quality. I want the best quality image I can get. I dont give a shit about saving storage, storage is cheap. If a crappy image is ok, why bother buying good cameras?

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Simply because its the highest choice before a custom rate and years of trial and error.. 2048 is more like substream quality. I want the best quality image I can get. I dont give a shit about saving storage, storage is cheap. If a crappy image is ok, why bother buying good cameras?
You speak the truth! Got these nice cameras for a reason!

Thats interesting, my highest value before you go to "custom" is 4096. Thats what i've got it set at for now, i'll see what the quality is like.

Is it normal for the ptz to not save clips on Blue iris? It looks like it hasnt been saving clips for quite some time now, but all my other cameras do.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine saves clips to BI - check your settings in BI and make sure it is set to trigger and fire on motion.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks good. Go to configure and set up zone A to be the whole screen and set a min detection time.