Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have a business customer bought 32pcs last week, BUT he will not use autotracking, so i told him we sell him the none autotracking S2, just get him a sample today, The currently AT stocks will be used up in July i think.

Vygantas

n3wb
Reaction score
Pull the trigger now. The 49425 model is the 4mp model, but because it is using the same sensor as the 2mp model, the low/no light performance is noticeably worse. Don't let the 2mp resolution of the 49225 fool you. Because it is a PTZ, you can zoom in and usually mitigate any "low resolution" issues. Certainly the low/no light performance on the 49225 model is more desirable.
I have one 49225xa-hnr. Low light performance is good. But I'd like to have a better option: reaction/tracking speed (autotracking is a must), and better low/no light performace. If 49425 low/no light performance isn't as good which camera I shall look at?

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, bit of a problem here. I installed my PTZ today, may decide to change locations, but that's another story.

For some reason I can't get a picture once I've gone through the IE tab. Such as trying to draw a IVS rule, or look on live tab etc.. I've tried default, factory default. It was working last week when I was testing down in the basement.
I've tried straight to the NVR, through a poe+.

It's as though the web plug in isn't working. I don't know how to get it to download from the camera again, or ????
Any hints, help?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Timokreon make sure Windows didn't pull the switch on you and sneak it into Edge.

Go into Explorer and delete the extensions and then login to the camera and it should give you the option to download it again.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After reading through the thread and trying the tips presented, I cannot get my camera to go back to preset 1.
Idle time seems not to do anything. As en edit, I am using the Dahua 5216 4ks2e NVR.

Task time, I get an error. I tried to delete record scheduling, etc... as another user worked for, but no go.

I'm using spotter cams as well, and in the process of getting those settings correct.
Most likely missing something obvious, but... I can't seem to find it.

Perhaps a tour set up? My question with that is, I pretty much just want it to stay at preset 1, unless I move the camera manually, or the spotter cams pick something up.
Thanks all.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After reading through the thread and trying the tips presented, I cannot get my camera to go back to preset 1.
Idle time seems not to do anything. As en edit, I am using the Dahua 5216 4ks2e NVR.

Task time, I get an error. I tried to delete record scheduling, etc... as another user worked for, but no go.

I'm using spotter cams as well, and in the process of getting those settings correct.

Perhaps a tour set up? My question with that is, I pretty much just want it to stay at preset 1, unless I move the camera manually, or the spotter cams pick something up.
Thanks all.
Make certain you are changing settings directly in the cameras interface, not through the NVR.
And that you are using IE and not edge for the browser.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make certain you are changing settings directly in the cameras interface, not through the NVR.
And that you are using IE and not edge for the browser.
Yep. Have a dedicated laptop with IE plugged directly into the NVR.

passat774

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyway to just be alerted to PTZ triggers?

I was getting Intelligent alerts earlier today but something has changed. Any ideas?

1656969980865.png

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For whatever reason I am overlooking, I still cannot get Task Time to work.

Perhaps a tour set up? My question with that is, I pretty much just want it to stay at preset 1, unless I move the camera manually, or the spotter cams pick something up, then I want to go back to preset 1.

I've tried default, factory default, still getting the Task Time error.

Any other suggestions? I'm also using IE on a laptop plugged directly into the NVR.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Appreciate the settings, however I can't get "enabled" checked and saved without getting an error.
Really liking the camera, other than this small, but very frustrating bug.

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone come across a faulty one after 1 year? Mate of mine bought one, Had a loud fan noise, Seems to power up OK but cannot get a network connection / ip address. Tried configtool as well. Seems like the network side of it is faulty. I have tried POE+ and 12v DC PSU. Tried factory reset via opening it up and holding reset button for 60 seconds.

Worth repairing if parts are available?