Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed that, lol

Completely my bad! I didn't realize my POE switch was NOT POE+. I gave the camera a great review on Amazon since, and it has been great.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If yours is not on a PoE+ switch, that could be a logical explanation for the crashing. I bought a Rosewill PoE+ injector to go with mine, since my switches are not PoE+ by nature.
100% correct, it isn't POE+. Already ran a ps and It is great.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How long are your bolts?
You need to determine what exactly is in your wall that you will be fastening too. It needs to be something solid.
What works for one situation, may not work for yours.
Consult with a carpenter if you are not sure, you don't want that cam hitting the ground.
You need to investigate what is there.

Last edited:

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You need to determine what exactly is in your wall that you will be fastening too. It needs to be something solid.
What works for one situation, may not work for yours.
Consulate a carpenter if you are not sure, you don't what that cam hitting the ground.
You need to investigate what is there.
Very good point! I couldn’t find a stud so I have toggle anchor bolts securing to the sheathing behind the siding. It’s a heavy camera so I wouldn’t trust lag bolts unless they hit a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very good point! I couldn’t find a stud so I have toggle anchor bolts securing to the sheathing behind the siding. It’s a heavy camera so I wouldn’t trust lag bolts unless they hit a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depending on the homes age and building codes, it could be the only sheathing is foam insulation board (my house) which wouldn't support anything without hitting a stud, or no sheathing at all, just the siding fastened to the studs. All depends.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I was able to mount the PFA120 box today. The 4 inch lag bolts went through two layers of wood. I felt the lag bolt go very deep into the second layer. Upon removing the old camera, I noticed the jacket around the CAT6 cracked no copper exposed; I wrapped electric tape and self-fusing silicone tape around it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I was able to mount it, was very tricky doing this without help because the PTZ attached to the mount was front-heavy. Had this been a 5 inch or 6 inch PTZ, I would have done something differently, lol Now my feet are sore :rofl:
Had a chance to experiment with the presets, autotracking works surprisingly well, it depends on how well you define the perimeter using Deep IVS; its good to keep it simple at first. Its extremely quiet, no obvious noise

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello @Wildcat_1 , I am having trouble with the track time setting. I know it has been discussed before, but I have tried all suggestions and it still reverts back to 15 seconds every time. I used IE to access cam directly, set track time to 300 seconds, hit save and the moment I leave preset to work on another, it goes back. What do you suggest? Other wise I am very happy with quality of cam and glad I purchased when I did to get one with AT. Running firmware it shipped with which is 8/19/2019--32701.
1581287232130.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@jdsfel do you have this connected to an NVR or BI ? If an NVR, have it read the config from the cam through the NVR and see how it presents Alarm Track time (which number) is showing there. If still at 15, set in the NVR and see if that takes. Have you tried a different number like 30s, 200s etc ? Try all of the above and If you still see it reset try a factory default on the cam and set again.

Hello @Wildcat_1 , I am having trouble with the track time setting. I know it has been discussed before, but I have tried all suggestions and it still reverts back to 15 seconds every time. I used IE to access cam directly, set track time to 300 seconds, hit save and the moment I leave preset to work on another, it goes back. What do you suggest? Other wise I am very happy with quality of cam and glad I purchased when I did to get one with AT. Running firmware it shipped with which is 8/19/2019--32701.
View attachment 55365

Reaction score
@jdsfel do you have this connected to an NVR or BI ? If an NVR, have it read the config from the cam through the NVR and see how it presents Alarm Track time (which number) is showing there. If still at 15, set in the NVR and see if that takes. Have you tried a different number like 30s, 200s etc ? Try all of the above and If you still see it reset try a factory default on the cam and set again.
I am running BI5. just tried using some different numbers and no joy. Do you recommend full factory reset or keep network settings?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Full. Then when back up DON’T connect to BI. Try in web GUI without anything else connected first.

I am running BI5. just tried using some different numbers and no joy. Do you recommend full factory reset or keep network settings?

Reaction score
Ok, so did full factory default and logged into cam direct and still no joy. Painful setting up all my presets again. Maybe there is a solution out there somewhere.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want, DM me and I can jump on and take a look after I complete a remote session with another user tomorrow. What you’ve mentioned is not common at all. Never seen settings reset by themselves UNLESS a) something else is issuing commands or b) sticky settings that can be reset by multiple factory resets (up to 5, 1 after each other in some cases), c) you are trying to set an item higher than it can go, d) people forget to hit save after changing settings. Let me know.

Ok, so did full factory default and logged into cam direct and still no joy. Painful setting up all my presets again. Maybe there is a solution out there somewhere.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You can even try reflashing the firmware and then set to factory defaults

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 any idea why using Standard and Vivid profiles generates a pinkish hue when the camera is pointed at a white wall? When I switch over to the Soft profile, the image looks correct and all natural. I'm 98% sure there is no IR Cut Filter issue otherwise I would be getting a pinkish hue throughout. Today has been cloudy and raining all day, could this be the culprit? If I pan the camera to the concrete when using Standard and Vivid, the pinkish hue disappears, then slowly reemerges. The pinkish hue is not at all present when switching to the Soft profile.