Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Arjun
Is it just a hue, fringe ? If so then yes thats to be expected as it really is Chromatic Aberration which is seen on a lot of lenses and definitely most security cams in general. This can be exacerbated by certain lighting / environment situations. Vivid enhances the shot in a way similar to contrast/clarity does in your favorite photo editing app, namely that it boosts sharpness through increasing contrast and to a certain extent tint / color (through saturation) with it. So unless you are seeing pink all day long everyday then I wouldn't worry about it. How does it look today ?

@Wildcat_1 any idea why using Standard and Vivid profiles generates a pinkish hue when the camera is pointed at a white wall? When I switch over to the Soft profile, the image looks correct and all natural. I'm 98% sure there is no IR Cut Filter issue otherwise I would be getting a pinkish hue throughout. Today has been cloudy and raining all day, could this be the culprit? If I pan the camera to the concrete when using Standard and Vivid, the pinkish hue disappears, then slowly reemerges. The pinkish hue is not at all present when switching to the Soft profile.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Today it is cloudy again, I haven't had a sunny day since last Saturday; will have to check again tomorrow when the clouds break up. If I change from Vivid (or Standard) to Soft, the pink disappears. Another issue is that I can't save the autotrack time to be more than 15 (similar to what @jdsfel is experiencing) I have a very simple Deep IVS rules which appear to be working just fine with 4 tripwires and intrusion parameters given the amount of space I'm working with. Occasionally, as the PTZ tracks a human being it will "somewhat" loose track of the human and will stop panning and start zooming into an unconcerned object (i.e. cinder block); but its not going crazy (like others purported). Camera is very quiet with no mechanical abnormalities in panning, tilting, zoom. I plan to write a review for this camera soon in order to promote awareness again of how good this camera is. As with any IP camera, there are always small bugs to be worked out in firmware. Again, I don't suspect any physical / mechanical defects thus far. Build quality has exceeded my expectations. Hats off to Dahua.

Arjun
Is it just a hue, fringe ? If so then yes thats to be expected as it really is Chromatic Aberration which is seen on a lot of lenses and definitely most security cams in general. This can be exacerbated by certain lighting / environment situations. Vivid enhances the shot in a way similar to contrast/clarity does in your favorite photo editing app, namely that it boosts sharpness through increasing contrast and to a certain extent tint / color (through saturation) with it. So unless you are seeing pink all day long everyday then I wouldn't worry about it. How does it look today ?

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Arjun, let me know when you get a brighter day. I would expect chromatic aberration (if thats whats being seen) to dissipate somewhat if not completely to naked eye (without zooming in to the image) with Soft selected and will change based on light direction with it being exacerbated by Vivid even more so as mentioned.

On the Alarm Track, are you connecting your 49225 to BI ? If so, disconnect it for a test, reboot the cam, use IE to hit the cam direct and check the Alarm Track time. Set it back to 300 and see if it sticks. I completed this for jdsfell as well and now shows the true 300 from my side of the connect. Fault isolate by removing BI (or NVR if using one instead) that can influence the cams first and see if that resolves your issue which I believe it will. Always then setup cam in GUI first before connecting.

With regards to your IVS rule, if you are saying you have 1 rule (i.e. 1 preset) with 4 trips & intrusion then that is definitely way too many for 1 rule and my bet is they are causing the cam to hiccup as well. If you have 4 separate rules (4 presets) with a trip or intrusion in each then thats different but still may need tweaking as depending on the install location, FOV, desired capture zone and target will cause the setup needs to vary greatly. If you like, reach out via DM and I can hop on your cam as I have for other members, take a look and tweak accordingly.

Just completed the same for th182 & jdsfell (and have for many other forum members) which should result in better configs from an image, IVS and PTZ activation perspective which in turn enables better caps so they can enjoy camera ownership :)

HTH

Today it is cloudy again, I haven't had a sunny day since last Saturday; will have to check again tomorrow when the clouds break up. If I change from Vivid (or Standard) to Soft, the pink disappears. Another issue is that I can't save the autotrack time to be more than 15 (similar to what @jdsfel is experiencing) I have a very simple Deep IVS rules which appear to be working just fine with 4 tripwires and intrusion parameters given the amount of space I'm working with. Occasionally, as the PTZ tracks a human being it will "somewhat" loose track of the human and will stop panning and start zooming into an unconcerned object (i.e. cinder block); but its not going crazy (like others purported). Camera is very quiet with no mechanical abnormalities in panning, tilting, zoom. I plan to write a review for this camera soon in order to promote awareness again of how good this camera is. As with any IP camera, there are always small bugs to be worked out in firmware. Again, I don't suspect any physical / mechanical defects thus far. Build quality has exceeded my expectations. Hats off to Dahua.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Excellent point @Wildcat_1 Thank you, I have it currently connected to an NVR that I use solely for testing before deploying to the network; will try configure again based on your advice (like you said, too many tripwires for one preset, lol) and go from there, thanks again :)

Arjun
@Arjun, let me know when you get a brighter day. I would expect chromatic aberration (if thats whats being seen) to dissipate somewhat if not completely to naked eye (without zooming in to the image) with Soft selected and will change based on light direction with it being exacerbated by Vivid even more so as mentioned.

On the Alarm Track, are you connecting your 49225 to BI ? If so, disconnect it for a test, reboot the cam, use IE to hit the cam direct and check the Alarm Track time. Set it back to 300 and see if it sticks. I completed this for jdsfell as well and now shows the true 300 from my side of the connect. Fault isolate by removing BI (or NVR if using one instead) that can influence the cams first and see if that resolves your issue which I believe it will. Always then setup cam in GUI first before connecting.

With regards to your IVS rule, if you are saying you have 1 rule (i.e. 1 preset) with 4 trips & intrusion then that is definitely way too many for 1 rule and my bet is they are causing the cam to hiccup as well. If you have 4 separate rules (4 presets) with a trip or intrusion in each then thats different but still may need tweaking as depending on the install location, FOV, desired capture zone and target will cause the setup needs to vary greatly. If you like, reach out via DM and I can hop on your cam as I have for other members, take a look and tweak accordingly.

Just completed the same for th182 & jdsfell (and have for many other forum members) which should result in better configs from an image, IVS and PTZ activation perspective which in turn enables better caps so they can enjoy camera ownership :)

HTH

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if you already know but auto tracking can be re enabled for this camera.......watch this space wink wink.
What's the scoop with this? Does it actually work without jumping through some hoops? I have been wanting to add an external PTZ camera with tracking to cover the area beyond what the statics see and to be able to zoom in on people/objects/animals.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
No autotracking camera will work best out of the box, additional configuration and tweaking is required. As far as jumping some through some hoops is concerned, my PTZ does not behave erratically

What's the scoop with this? Does it actually work without jumping through some hoops? I have been wanting to add an external PTZ camera with tracking to cover the area beyond what the statics see and to be able to zoom in on people/objects/animals.

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No autotracking camera will work best out of the box, additional configuration and tweaking is required. As far as jumping some through some hoops is concerned, my PTZ does not behave erratically
I think every camera needs tweaking out of the box, so that’s normal. I’ve been reading on both threads about this camera having tracking, then being removed, and now it’s back?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not sure if it’s back; there may be a workaround posted soon

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I think every camera needs tweaking out of the box, so that’s normal. I’ve been reading on both threads about this camera having tracking, then being removed, and now it’s back?
Won't be back if you already purchased one without AT only for New ones unless my supplier tells me any different.
PS: If you purchase is from Andy then he has already stated it will come without Auto Tracking.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Right now we still not get the news that the camera can support autotracking, I will report here if have any futher news. Overseas distributors will not have any stocks till April i think even the none autotracking ones. Right now if dahua agree to send us the autotracking firmware, everything will be cleared easily, if they don't agree, then we have no choice. That is it.

YYZed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right now we still not get the news that the camera can support autotracking, I will report here if have any futher news. Overseas distributors will not have any stocks till April i think even the none autotracking ones. Right now if dahua agree to send us the autotracking firmware, everything will be cleared easily, if they don't agree, then we have no choice. That is it.
Thanks for clearing that up!

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
My supplier has 18 in stock 2mp and hopefully in the next 2 weeks will all have Auto Tracking firmware ready to ship.

4mp version 78 is Stock

2020-02-13 21_53_35-.jpg

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 I tried modifying the Alarm Track time after removing the PTZ from the network but the Alarm Track time still defaults to the "15" value. Is there any workaround for this?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you’ll find it is actually set to higher than that but your system is displaying the 15. If you like, DM me, I can jump on take a quick look for you tomorrow. Let me know

@Wildcat_1 I tried modifying the Alarm Track time after removing the PTZ from the network but the Alarm Track time still defaults to the "15" value. Is there any workaround for this?

Reaction score

Ok , so I strugggled with this for a while and even after @Wildcat_1 remoted in to my camera, I was still seeing 15 seconds on track time when logged into the camera directly via IE. Every time I did this I was using my main desktop machine. Today I logged in to cam directly using my dedicated BI machine (via IE), and VOILA!!!! My settings were as @Wildcat_1 said! So somehow, even when completely removed from BI, when logged in from lan connection, (nice comfy office machine), I only saw 15 seconds. STRANGE!!

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It tried multiple browsers and it was no go for me, are you suggesting to connect directly to the camera using the NIC card on the computer and external PoE power supply?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad we got you taken care of

Ok , so I strugggled with this for a while and even after @Wildcat_1 remoted in to my camera, I was still seeing 15 seconds on track time when logged into the camera directly via IE. Every time I did this I was using my main desktop machine. Today I logged in to cam directly using my dedicated BI machine (via IE), and VOILA!!!! My settings were as @Wildcat_1 said! So somehow, even when completely removed from BI, when logged in from lan connection, (nice comfy office machine), I only saw 15 seconds. STRANGE!!

Reaction score
It tried multiple browsers and it was no go for me, are you suggesting to connect directly to the camera using the NIC card on the computer and external PoE power supply?
What worked for me was to use mi BI machine, which is on the same lan as all my other machines. Makes no sense to me either but thats what worked.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
In conjunction with fixed cameras (assuming everyone having a similar setup), are you all setting the IVS rules to Preset 1 or under each individual Preset? Under the Idle settings, the PTZ doesn't go back to its original Home (Preset1).