Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@th182 profiles are really the only cheap way you can do it UNLESS you want to spend some money on a dedicated controller and use with SmartPSS or other platform :) the reason being that the spotter cam issues a command that the platform intercepts and issues to the PTZ.

If you do want a keyboard/controller on another platform then something like the NKB1000 - NKB1000/KBD1000/KB1000

Generally not something you would need unless in a live monitoring station config etc.

I use the profile change that you mentioned. I tried lot's of different ways and that was the only sure one LOL. Just remember to switch back.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As much fun as the joystick would be.. and the fun when my wife sees how much I spent on one.. I'll go the profile route.

Thanks for the insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright everyone. I need help with my NVR please.
I received the camera from Andy and finally got it hooked up tonight. The challenge is I don't have half the options in my NVR menu that it appears you all do. My NVR is from Montavue (re-branded Dahua) with their latest software. The software on the NVR looks like the image below. When I go to "AI" my camera doesn't even show up to set up a "Smart Plan" or "IVS" (image 2) so I'm a little frustrated because the camera works, has a great image and such but I cant set up Auto tracking or anything I bought it for. Thanks in advance for any insight.
1591661607964.png
1591661755410.png

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Open IE page and log into the camera's Web Interface. All the settings are done from here.
If you want any help send me a PM I will help set it up for you.

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
Open IE page and log into the camera's Web Interface. All the settings are done from here.
If you want any help send me a PM I will help set it up for you.
Thank you. I will give that a try and see if I can make heads or tails of it.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Here for the next hour or so and if you get stuck throw me a PM and a login or teamviewer and can go through it with you.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It seems that there is more available but I am still not seeing the deep IVS settings
You have to set up a smart plan on one of your presents under the setup menu. Select the IVS plan. You can then at setting up rules from there for that preset. I wish I had a screenshot handy.

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I may have f'd up some stuff now. I am getting a "resources are not sufficient. failed to enable the video" / Also when I try to do the smart plan it says "no presets available"

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think I may have f'd up some stuff now. I am getting a "resources are not sufficient. failed to enable the video" / Also when I try to do the smart plan it says "no presets available"
Oh boy. I've never had that before. Might wait good time to do a factory default.

Then under the setup section:
1) Create presets under the PTZ section. I believe it's PTZ > function > presets

2) create a smart plan for your preset, selecting IVS.

3) under IVS section set up and intrusion zone or tripwire with desired options.

This is the most "advanced" camera I've owned and I'm definitely still learning. [mention]Wildcat_1 [/mention] Remoted into mine several times to help me fine tune and learn.

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh boy. I've never had that before. Might wait good time to do a factory default.

Then under the setup section:
1) Create presets under the PTZ section. I believe it's PTZ > function > presets

2) create a smart plan for your preset, selecting IVS.

3) under IVS section set up and intrusion zone or tripwire with desired options.

This is the most "advanced" camera I've owned and I'm definitely still learning. [mention]Wildcat_1 [/mention] Remoted into mine several times to help me fine tune and learn.

Thank you for your help. Video is back up but under "smart plan" the channel this is on does not even show up. I will keep poking around and try not to break eveything. Wasn't super pumped to install all the plugins the IE requires to view your camera but there was no way around it. :)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
AI LIVE MENU

All

I get a lot of questions about the AI Live menu for the 49225 web GUI, specifically why do some people not see it, is it useful and how to get it. Therefore I wanted to answer these here.

Why do I not see the AI Live Menu ? As I mentioned in an earlier post (#554)this was introduced in 3/10 FW. However it’s worth noting that the FW branches are different for those 49225’s that shipped with Auto Tracking vs those that shipped with it disabled. As I mentioned before, the branches of FW for those that shipped with AT disabled are a special build to re-enable. This special build series does NOT feature all the same updates and AI Live menu (pictures again below) is one of those features that is not present on the special builds.

Next, is it useful ? In a word NO. This is still a beta feature and to really make use of it you would have to leave the web GUI up 24x7, similarly to showing the Video Structuralization overlay. So while if staring at the screen you will see AI Live targets increment, as soon as the cam GUI times out or you close the window, the AI Live info disappears.

Lastly, how do I get it ? The only way to get it is to upgrade your 49225 to the main branch of FW which in turn for those that had cams shipped with AT disabled would return it to a disabled state. In other words you must (for now) always remain on the special build branches until a time where Dahua converges the FW branches to same code.

Again, please rest assured that you are not missing much by not having access to this beta feature at this time.

Hope that helps

New 49225 AI Live Menu 2.jpg

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks bro, please check if my guide is good or not, if anything need revision , let me know.
Andy - Thank you for your help. I seem to be missing the smart plan when logged into the camera. See screenshot below. Also when I go to it inside the IE web browser the camera does not show up to set a smart plan.

1591673606758.png