Review: EZVIZ DB1C

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look back at oldman's posts, specifically #344 and #347. If you configure a fixed IP address, out of the DHCP range of your router, it should re-connect at power up.
I tried this, and I am now on static IP. No change, still will not reconnect when I restore power after "simulated" power outage. Also the windows EZVIZ Studio seems to have less? setup options than the android app? Buggy as they come, it will not even adjust detection area for me. I can't connect to wifi using Studio either, I have to use the android app.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You are clicking on the gear icon on the lower right labeled "All Devices" then clicking on "Advanced", right? Keep in mind that although this is made by Hik features have been stripped out of the firmware to keep the price down. What I did was reserve an IP in the router for the DB1C, then set that IP in the DB1C.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone with a DB1C played with/running DeepStack? I have DeepStack GPU running on my DB1 (variant), just curious how the Facial Screenshots are on the DB1C, On the DB1 they are very blurry, as you see below, but if you know the person you can ID them...

In Camera Settings/Trigger/Artificial Intelligence here are my settings:
1626227972989.png

These are my BI Settings:
1626228067000.png

These are some of my shots:
1626228313288.png

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are clicking on the gear icon on the lower right labeled "All Devices" then clicking on "Advanced", right? Keep in mind that although this is made by Hik features have been stripped out of the firmware to keep the price down. What I did was reserve an IP in the router for the DB1C, then set that IP in the DB1C.
Yes, it seems to take the static ip through EZVIZ Studio after it is connected to wifi (with Android app). But after the power outage it will not reconnect, needs a reset. I did not reserve the IP in the router, I will do that also, maybe that is the clincher.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using DS with the DB1C. It works if the target is close enough and has identified a "person" when I've been fooling with it with my head within a foot or so of the camera.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well after configuring my router to assign an fixed IP address, and unchecking DHCP (wifi)and auto assign (General) in the Network tab under advanced(tried all combinations of these, no dice), the doorbell still will not reconnect after I cut the power. I could forgive the IR light that makes my chime buzz (disabled) and the overly sensitive microphone ( with the doorbell near a large glass sidelight, I was broadcasting all my indoor conversations to China, so I disabled it), but the no reconnect after power outage is a deal breaker. I wish I had gotten the Eufy battery/wired option now, at least it would keep its settings and reconnect when the routers booted back up. I even have access to install a POE or plain wired CAT5 doorbell, but those do not seem to exist in this price range.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's strange. I was working on mine the other day, killed the power, powered it back up and it reconnected as soon as it booted.

I'm with you on a PoE doorbell instead, but the prices are too high for my wallet, too. Overall, this thing does what I want in the mean time.

Some DS detections from today. Most are 20 feet or greater from the DB1C.

DB1C-DS.JPG

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well after configuring my router to assign an fixed IP address, and unchecking DHCP (wifi)and auto assign (General) in the Network tab under advanced(tried all combinations of these, no dice), the doorbell still will not reconnect after I cut the power. I could forgive the IR light that makes my chime buzz (disabled) and the overly sensitive microphone ( with the doorbell near a large glass sidelight, I was broadcasting all my indoor conversations to China, so I disabled it), but the no reconnect after power outage is a deal breaker. I wish I had gotten the Eufy battery/wired option now, at least it would keep its settings and reconnect when the routers booted back up. I even have access to install a POE or plain wired CAT5 doorbell, but those do not seem to exist in this price range.
You would still need to have the DB1C look for the DHCP server even if you set a DHCP Mapped IP address from your Router. I would turn it back on...

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You would still need to have the DB1C look for the DHCP server even if you set a DHCP Mapped IP address from your Router. I would turn it back on...
I have tried it both ways (actually all combinations), it does not change the behaviour. Still no reconnect after power loss. I does give it the fixed IP now though, but I need to manually reset the doorbell (faceplate clips are getting a workout).

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So strange yours won’t reconnect. Are you saying it doesn’t connect back to the wifi or does it connect to the wifi but doesn’t pull an IP?

Edit: Oh I see. It’s grabs an IP but doesn’t do anything after that? Sounds like a bum unit.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So strange yours won’t reconnect. Are you saying it doesn’t connect back to the wifi or does it connect to the wifi but doesn’t pull an IP?

Edit: Oh I see. It’s grabs an IP but doesn’t do anything after that? Sounds like a bum unit.
Actually it will not reconnect to Wi-Fi at all on its own. Shows as "offline" until I manually reset it. Then it will accept the fixed ip address from the router. I am beginning to think something is wrong with it. I'll start looking for sales to get a new one.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually it will not reconnect to Wi-Fi at all on its own. Shows as "offline" until I manually reset it. Then it will accept the fixed ip address from the router. I am beginning to think something is wrong with it. I'll start looking for sales to get a new one.
So here is another thought, these DBs has batteries in them, or at least the DB1 does. We had a few people in our Thread state similar issues like you are experiencing, some would say their settings would disappear after a power outage and they would have to re-setup the DB as if it were new, others would state like you, network would not connect unless they reset the DB. Some of those added an UPS at their transformer to handle the outages, I know that sounds extreme but it seemed to work with them. I tried to find the FCC info on this DB but have not found it yet. What is great with this, is you can see one fully taken apart. Here is the DB1:

1626355218950.png
See the blue battery...CORRECTION: White Battery...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, how did I miss this, here it is, only had to add a C at the end, Wow, Duh:

Here you go guys, this is very helpful info...

The DB1C has a Blue Battery too: CORRECTION: White Battery/Yellow stripes...

1626355657057.png
1626355809936.png

@silencery please add the above FCC link to your Message One (Sticky) of the Thread for future reference. Thanks...

Last edited:

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, how did I miss this, here it is, only had to add a C at the end, Wow, Duh:

Here you go guys, this is very helpful info...

The DB1C has a Blue Battery too:

View attachment 95282

@silencery please add the above FCC link to your Message One (Sticky) of the Thread for future reference. Thanks...
I do see the battery, but it looks white with yellow stripes. No helpful sticker for the battery specs like on the DB1, but they should be similar. Wonder if I could get a replacement from Aliexpress? Can't quite make out the writing on the battery picture though, is there a larger clearer pic?

P.S. Never mind. It seems it is a 602025 Li-Po battery, 3.7V 220mAh. I'll see what I can dig up, they seem to be about 1usd+shipping. BTW model number seems to be linked to the size, 6.0mmx20mm25mm.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do see the battery, but it looks white with yellow stripes. No helpful sticker for the battery specs like on the DB1, but they should be similar. Wonder if I could get a replacement from Aliexpress? Can't quite make out the writing on the battery picture though, is there a larger clearer pic?

P.S. Never mind. It seems it is a 6022025 Li-Po battery, 3.7V 220mAh. I'll see what I can dig up, they seem to be about 1usd+shipping.
1626358526682.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, nice. These have internal Lipo batteries. That should help keep it much more stable than my prior video doorbell.

FYI, the blue "battery" is a capacitor. :D
Haha, tells you what I know about electronics...:)

Funny but I was looking at the pics to see if it was soldered, haha...