Review: EZVIZ DB1C

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do see the battery, but it looks white with yellow stripes. No helpful sticker for the battery specs like on the DB1, but they should be similar. Wonder if I could get a replacement from Aliexpress? Can't quite make out the writing on the battery picture though, is there a larger clearer pic?

P.S. Never mind. It seems it is a 602025 Li-Po battery, 3.7V 220mAh. I'll see what I can dig up, they seem to be about 1usd+shipping. BTW model number seems to be linked to the size, 6.0mmx20mm25mm.
It has a QR scan code...think that is for the battery?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, nice. These have internal Lipo batteries. That should help keep it much more stable than my prior video doorbell.

FYI, the blue "battery" is a capacitor. :D
Oh forgot to mention, I have had my DB1 (variant) for 2 years now, still going strong, even in this feels like over 100 heat where I live.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention, I have had my DB1 (variant) for 2 years now, still going strong, even in this feels like over 100 heat where I live.
Mine is sheltered under a porch, no direct sun, ever. Reasonable temperatures, although it does get cold. Not sure if I want to turn this in an electronics project just yet. With my luck the charging system is what is defective on my doorbell...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't want a project either. Other than I had to install the wiring and a doorbell, add a Wifi extender (which has proved to be useless), I had a transformer so that was a freebee. Now I've got to run some conduit out to the garage gate for a doorbell button, or maybe another DB1C out there but Wifi would be a real problem extender or not. So, my $50 doorbell project has run up to almost $200 and still counting. On the bright side, it works other than 25-50 signal losses daily.

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't want a project either. Other than I had to install the wiring and a doorbell, add a Wifi extender (which has proved to be useless), I had a transformer so that was a freebee. Now I've got to run some conduit out to the garage gate for a doorbell button, or maybe another DB1C out there but Wifi would be a real problem extender or not. So, my $50 doorbell project has run up to almost $200 and still counting. On the bright side, it works other than 25-50 signal losses daily.
I agree the wifi is subpar on this doorbell. If you want to claim high def video add a freaking antenna. Mine is 10 feet away from the access point/router. Side shot through a wall, but still. There is a glass sidelight right in front of the door bell. Before I changed the transformer, it was dropout city. Now it is "barely" good enough. Wonder how many they would sell if they told you you had to be within 10 feet of your router...

PS Did you try to reduce the image quality or frame rate in EZVIZ STUDIO and see if that fixes/improves the disconnects? A band aid solution (it should work at advertised res and framerate) but it may be better than constant disconnects.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll play with resolution, nothing to lose, well not too much anyway, there. If it can't handle frame and iframe at 15/15 it is really marginal to say the least. I guess as always, you get what you pay for. It's unfortunate the Dahua Villa system has such a big door unit but it is PoE at least.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine is sheltered under a porch, no direct sun, ever. Reasonable temperatures, although it does get cold. Not sure if I want to turn this in an electronics project just yet. With my luck the charging system is what is defective on my doorbell...
You should have a year warranty, the DB1s did...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On my DB1 (variant), had to stay with 2.4GHz, my AP is around 20-25 feet away, glass door/partial wall in between. No drops, but do get on Cell only, an occasional "recommend to lower video quality" depending on where I am at and what cell tower I am connected to, usually when I am at one bar, no not a drinking bar :)

Oh, I am recording at 30 FPS, default is 15, I never changed it back...

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just ordered some 602030 batteries, 300mAh (looks like there is space for a little longer battery, and if i am soldering, I am upgrading!). I think the plan still is to get another doorbell when it comes back on sale, and "fix" this one and install it in a second location later on.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My last attempt to get the DB11 up and running, was within 10 feet, line of site, of my router. And it would drop out like crazy, or refused to connect at times.
My guess is the environment has a lot to do with it.
But yeah, toy comes to mind.

I on the other hand I tested a Wifi bullet Dahua cam with external antenna, that was outside, going through 4 walls, distance of 50', with foil lined sheathing on the house and it ran for 3 days with only a couple of drops shown in BI.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My last attempt to get the DB11 up and running, was within 10 feet, line of site, of my router. And it would drop out like crazy, or refused to connect at times.
My guess is the environment has a lot to do with it.
But yeah, toy comes to mind.

I on the other hand I tested a Wifi bullet Dahua cam with external antenna, that was outside, going through 4 walls, distance of 50', with foil lined sheathing on the house and it ran for 3 days with only a couple of drops shown in BI.
The wifi in wireless doorbells is less than stellar... If I recall correctly, in addition to my underpowered transformer, I had some problems when I upgraded to Unifi's Wifi6 AP's and had to fiddle with wifi settings to make the DB1C happy. Can't recall what those settings were though, it was a while ago.

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last night my DB1C Died, I checked the charger 20V AC no issues. first the video signal became very noisy, then it all became gray and after a power cycle it died. Now there is a red LED blinking and I cannot reset

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last night my DB1C Died, I checked the charger 20V AC no issues. first the video signal became very noisy, then it all became gray and after a power cycle it died. Now there is a red LED blinking and I cannot reset
Looks like with the DB1 you get better quality/more reliable product. The video quality is a bit lower, but at least it connects, stays connected, and does not explode after the year is up (at least from comments I have seen). Wonder what corner they cut to "enhance shareholder value" on the DB1C.

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like with the DB1 you get better quality/more reliable product. The video quality is a bit lower, but at least it connects, stays connected, and does not explode after the year is up (at least from comments I have seen). Wonder what corner they cut to "enhance shareholder value" on the DB1C.
Ok some updates
I plugged it out, took out the adapter as well and brought to my office for further inspection. It behaved the same exact way. Then I turned the power off then on but this time holding the reset button and it finally responded.
RMA request already made but cant be sure, I'm about to go on holiday and I dont want to give up on the only thing that I have in terms of "security"

mangler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok some updates
I plugged it out, took out the adapter as well and brought to my office for further inspection. It behaved the same exact way. Then I turned the power off then on but this time holding the reset button and it finally responded.
RMA request already made but cant be sure, I'm about to go on holiday and I dont want to give up on the only thing that I have in terms of "security"
Let me know how you make out with RMA request. They would not even ship me m4 screws, so I am curious to see how they deal with legit warranty replacements.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So the screw size for the "security" screw is M4? You'd think they could count to two without much trouble but I guess not. Any idea what the thread pitch is supposed to be?

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let me know how you make out with RMA request. They would not even ship me m4 screws, so I am curious to see how they deal with legit warranty replacements.
they are not M4 screws, most likely M1.6 or M2.5,
I made the same request and it got rejected. I requested the RMA through the shop I bought.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
there customer service is lack luster at best....

which screw do u need? is it the small security screw?