Review: EZVIZ DB1C

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where did you found it? ..... and next question, how to use Ezviz Studio to upload the new (old) Firmware? I can not find any option to upload a firmware file - only "restore to factory setting"

It is best to use Batch Config Tool for firmware up/downgrades...

Not sure which one works for you, I assume both:

HTH

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you - Do you know the difference between A0 and A1?

The downloaded firmware file is called CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR.dav - the unit model I am using is called CS-DB1C-A0-1E2W2FR. Where could there be a difference - or is there none?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you - Do you know the difference between A0 and A1?

The downloaded firmware file is called CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR.dav - the unit model I am using is called CS-DB1C-A1-1E2W2FR. Where could there be a difference - or is there none?
So I know with the DB1 there are US and EU firmware versions. I am not using a DB1C but I have personally used an EU version on my DB1 variant and it worked fine. Not sure what the differences are.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI: I have the DB1C which I originally setup working great with a functioning mechanical chime. After and iOS EZVIZ app update, the mechanical chime stopped working. This has happened before after an app update.
The minimum steps to get the function back is simply to delete in the app and re-add as per earlier in the thread (partially only steps 1 to 6 below - no need to reset on the DB1C itself or upgrade firmware [I am on v5.3.0 201106]):
1. On the Settings page, scroll all the way to bottom and click on the [About] button

2. On the About page, click on the [Device QR Code] button

3. On the Device QR Code page, Click on the [Save] button - This will save a screenshot of you DB1 QR code, serial number and verification code into your phone album.

4. Click on back chevron (arrow) icon on the upper left corner twice to go back to the Settings page again.

5. On the Settings page underneath the About button, click on the [Delete Device] button. (it will completely remove your DB1 from app and the cloud database even if you are not using cloud to store the recordings to)

6. Now, re-add the DB1C and use the QR Code stored to your camera roll (alternate app button from camera)

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Silly question - I've just noticed the "LAN Live View" option in the Android app. What does this do? I already use RTSP streaming - is this the same thing?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My EZViz app is showing that there is a new firmware available for the DB1C... V5.3.0 build 220409...

I'm currently running V5.3.0 build 211208... the doorbell works great for me the way it is... I've seen others having some issues with the Wi-Fi connection...

Has anyone upgraded to this version? Does anyone know what/if anything has changed?

I understand it may not be necessary to upgrade the firmware but I'm a bit bored and looking for some shits and giggles...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but mine had tons of dropouts streaming to BI when it was at 2 Mbps bit rate. Reduce it to 1 Mbps and it became stable. No firmware update was required.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have it connected to a Hikvision NVR and when I installed it, I was getting "Video Signal Loss" reported on the NVR several times a day...

I had seen @sebastiantombs suggest connecting the bell to its own SSID... I found that connected to the unused 5GHz guest SSID on the router there are no dropouts... I do have the bell set to 2Mbps max bitrate.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, I went and updated the firmware to V5.3.0 build 220409 and here are the changes:

1. The build number changed from 211208 to 220409
2. The doorbell now has a GUI menu that can be accessed by web browser
3. A trap door sprung open on the back of the unit revealing a PoE port
4. Another trap door sprung open on the bottom and $100 bills fly out every few minutes

I wait now and hope the Wi-Fi doesn't start giving me problems and my 2 mechanical bells continue to work.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I went and updated the firmware to V5.3.0 build 220409 and here are the changes:

1. The build number changed from 211208 to 220409
2. The doorbell now has a GUI menu that can be accessed by web browser
3. A trap door sprung open on the back of the unit revealing a PoE port
4. Another trap door sprung open on the bottom and $100 bills fly out every few minutes

I wait now and hope the Wi-Fi doesn't start giving me problems and my 2 mechanical bells continue to work.

thanks. POE is a huge upgrade.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My EZViz app is showing that there is a new firmware available for the DB1C... V5.3.0 build 220409...

I'm currently running V5.3.0 build 211208... the doorbell works great for me the way it is... I've seen others having some issues with the Wi-Fi connection...

Has anyone upgraded to this version? Does anyone know what/if anything has changed?

I understand it may not be necessary to upgrade the firmware but I'm a bit bored and looking for some shits and giggles...
Thank you for this info

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing we found with the DB1 (and variants), as with many of these type devices, firmware updates will add new features. maybe fix some things but about half the updates seem to break other things.
@David L ... I think you are spot on with that... really reminds me of the Hikvision NVR firmware releases as well... anyway, so far, I have not seen any Wi-Fi problems or other issues...

Image-1 (2).jpg

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the update really add a web GUI? I'm excited about the new ATM feature, but I wasn't sure if the GUI was legitimate or not. If it is, that might push me over the edge to upgrade.

Last edited:

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I must have been dreaming… I just checked again and the only thing that changed was the build number… even the version number did not change… what a disappointment but at least everything that was working still does.