Review: EZVIZ DB1C

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Whatever would make you think that? :lol: It started doing that about six months after it was installed. The point being that failure in that short a time, and out of the return period, just isn't acceptable. Then again, it's a piece of consumer level junk in the first place. I had hoped for better, but got worse. Simple answer for me is that unless it's PoE it's just not going to be used on my system.
Hi @sebastiantombs

I figured I'd reply here instead of the thread on the other doorbell... I had asked if you might have a defective unit... I see now it worked for you for the first 6 months... hmmm, does not bode well I've only had mine a couple of months better keep my fingers crossed!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I wish you luck. I have zero faith in the DB1C. All mine is good for is a camera. Thankfully when it drops out, which appears to be a soft reset, it does maintain the assigned IP but everything else is gone. That means I'd be taking it down 100-200 times a day to press the rest button to reconfigure it every time it does that. Yeah, the video stream drops a lot, but it's still better than nothing and I have yet to miss a full face shot of someone at the front door.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No, that won't happen. The only thing you can do to approximate that is to use a trigger zone in the area where a hand or arm would be. Recording 24/7 eliminates the need for that.

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had a decent experience with the DB1C on firmware 5.3.0 201106. Few drops with blue iris, but the EZVIZ app is not great. Once you set it up and have it working - DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE. That guarantees you need to remove it and reset. I had a doorbell button detect script running on my router that would toggle MQTT and worked reasonably well.

ricklndn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've already got it configged the way I want it. I need an app that responds when there's a button push. I know it's P2P and what that can lead to in terms of security, but it would be nice for her to have, too.
Do you know of any url that's a trigger when the button is pushed?
It would be useful for me because I could use hubitat to send a command to my blue iris..
Thank you

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That won't work for me.. I need a http url so I can use it in hubitat
Many people use a Relay...We have a list on our 101:

OTHER SOFTWARE TO CONSIDER:
Monocle (Alexa) - pete_c - scroberts72 - pete_c
tinyCam Pro, Link for those using ActionTiles (Android), JPG Snapshot in tinyCam Pro - aralos1999
MotionEye Wiki , MotionEyeOS, MotionEye Android (No Audio - Pilot04)
HomeBridge (iO/S), HomeBridge FFMEG Plugin

OTHER HARDWARE TO CONSIDER:
FRENCK (USA) Relay (Works with Home Assistant)
Xiaomi Aqara Door Window Sensor Zigbee Wireless Connection (Works with Home Assistant) - Olddawg
Finder (EUR) Relay, 344Mhz Transmitter - KlaverBoer, KlaverBoer / Finder (EUR) Relay, 344Mhz Transmitter - Jack007
uxcell (BC) Ice Cube Relay - Ford
Doorbell Monernizer (EUR) - Fietspomp
⦁ Sage Sensor - TechBill - alexdelprete - TechBill - Techbill's Forum/Thread (Sage with SmartThings)
ELK-960 Delay Timer, ELK930 Doorbell Detector - pete_c
⦁ ELV Homematic (EUR) Doorbell Sensor (Works with Homematic Hub/Bridge) - Riza-Aslan
⦁ Current Sensing Switch Z-Wave Plus (SZC23-NO-AL-CH Model) - tommyd75, tommyd75, tommyd75 - planetix - Konnected Alarm Forum - pete_c
⦁ In Addition to the above Current Sensor Switch and for those without a Smart Alarm System like Konnected - Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 MultiRelay (ZEN16) - phatboyj

Here is an example:

With your Hubitat, the Sage might be a good (cheap) option:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ziggy

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been recording my db1c rtsp stream on my Synology NAS for a few months but recently I've been having a lot of disconnects. After reading this thread I've just used the Hikvision batch config tool to change from h265 15FPS to h264 10FPS. I kept the bitrate at 2 Mbps for now.
I'll update in a few days

EDIT: Well it was good for about 12 hours but in the next 12 hours I had three ~30-minute long dropouts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been recording my db1c rtsp stream on my Synology NAS for a few months but recently I've been having a lot of disconnects. After reading this thread I've just used the Hikvision batch config tool to change from h265 15FPS to h264 10FPS. I kept the bitrate at 2 Mbps for now.
I'll update in a few days

EDIT: Well it was good for about 12 hours but in the next 12 hours I had three ~30-minute long dropouts.
My DB1C RTSP feed to Blue Iris drops out every few minutes for about 20sec each time. It's really annoying. Interestingly though, running VLC Player on the server connected to the RTSP stream I noticed that the stream stays solid (same on the EZVIZ app too) when the BI feed drops out which seems to indicate that at least the DB1C isn't rebooting. BI Support have suggested some things but nothing has fixed it so far.

Would be interested to know if your RTSP stream keeps running on VLC or EZVIZ app when you notice the drop out on your Synology.

Reaction score
Hello @silencery,

I wonder if you can help - I notice that your review video of the DB1C footage has audio in BI...

My DB1C has never got audio in BI (though audio comes through in the EZVIZ app and when viewing the stream in VLC) despite my selecting the audio option when adding the camera.

I wondered if you'd be able to share the settings you've used in BI?

Thanks!

loopy123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello @silencery,

I wonder if you can help - I notice that your review video of the DB1C footage has audio in BI...

My DB1C has never got audio in BI (though audio comes through in the EZVIZ app and when viewing the stream in VLC) despite my selecting the audio option when adding the camera.

I wondered if you'd be able to share the settings you've used in BI?

Thanks!
I have had a great experience with the DB1C with the following settings which includes audio (Audio tab: check: "IP camera stream"):

1653424254543.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My DB1C RTSP feed to Blue Iris drops out every few minutes for about 20sec each time. It's really annoying. Interestingly though, running VLC Player on the server connected to the RTSP stream I noticed that the stream stays solid (same on the EZVIZ app too) when the BI feed drops out which seems to indicate that at least the DB1C isn't rebooting. BI Support have suggested some things but nothing has fixed it so far.

Would be interested to know if your RTSP stream keeps running on VLC or EZVIZ app when you notice the drop out on your Synology.
I would try this, from your box running Blue Iris do a continuous ping to the DBC1 to see if you have a network issues.

ping -t (ip address)

CTRL C to stop

When you run VLC is it from your BI box?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As loopy123 shared, I would try RTSP alternate ACC decoder for Audio as we both have. Here are my settings, keep in mind I run a DB1 variant which has ONVIF support so you will not have that checked:

1653435088508.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As you can see I run 30 FPS, I have no drop outs on my DB.

1653435351381.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Feel free to check out our 101, there are a lot of good tips that also apply to the DBC1:

NETWORKING TIPS:
⦁ In your Firewall settings, allow ICMP from the Doorbell to your router, otherwise the Doorbell will disconnect/reconnect the WiFi - ronin1, ronin1 - alexdelprete, alecdelprete-ronin1 AND/OR if your RTSP stream drops every 3 or so minutes - cba123
⦁ In order to view the video from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 6500, 7100 and 10554 -cool77
⦁ In order to answer a ring call from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 9664 - cool77
⦁ For Streaming (RTSP) add a rule that allows traffic from your local_devices_ip TO all_internal_IP at port : 554 - cool77
⦁ For Remote Access using (iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool) allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 8000
⦁ It is always a good idea, for security reasons, to Disable UPnP in your router too - Emilks5
⦁ FOR MORE PORT/NETWORK INFO - msmcknight