Review: EZVIZ DB1C

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm having WiFi issues...or it's because of the firmware update but my DB1C keeps going offline now! I reset it, it comes back on. An hour or two later it goes offline again!
Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?
Mine has been rock solid. I did have issues with the original db1 doorbell # but this db1c has been great.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine always loses connection but it reconnects immediately so I ignore that.

What has been happening, since the last app update, is that my wife, iPhone, and me, android phone, can't answer the doorbell and it no longer rings the chime in the house. The app is triggered by the doorbell but we can't see who or talk using it. From my perspective the DB1C is a real piece of junk as far as doorbell functionality is concerned. The video feed is still there in BI, but that's all it's good for.

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine always loses connection but it reconnects immediately so I ignore that.

What has been happening, since the last app update, is that my wife, iPhone, and me, android phone, can't answer the doorbell and it no longer rings the chime in the house. The app is triggered by the doorbell but we can't see who or talk using it. From my perspective the DB1C is a real piece of junk as far as doorbell functionality is concerned. The video feed is still there in BI, but that's all it's good for.
The doorbell functionality on my DB1C has always worked OK on my Android phone, but rarely rings on my wife's phone (also Android).
As a matter of interest, did the doorbell functionality work on the previous app version? (and do you mean app version or doorbell firmware version?)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The app version on both iPhone and android worked fine prior to the update. The version on my android is 5.1.0.1013. That's also when the door chime stopped working which makes no sense. To be honest, given the price of this thing I didn't expect much but it has zero in the reliability column.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm having WiFi issues...or it's because of the firmware update but my DB1C keeps going offline now! I reset it, it comes back on. An hour or two later it goes offline again!
Anyone else have this issue? Any fix?
So we had a DB1 user state the same thing when he updated to the new firmware...

Both DB1 and DB1C firmwares got released a day apart from each other Nov, 2 and 3rd

If you need to go back to the previous firmware I have it zipped up on a message on page 1 of this Thread. You would use Batch Config. Tool to install it...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One thing we found with the DB1 (and variants), as with many of these type devices, firmware updates will add new features. maybe fix some things but about half the updates seem to break other things. We also had the Chime issue (Chime no longer worked) on the DB1, if you had to pick which Chime you have during your DB1C setup, Mechanical, Digital, No Chime, like we did on the DB1, then you will probably have to do it again after the latest firmware update. Check the App to see if the option is available, if not, I think Guarding Vision App had the feature. You could try Hikvision App too but we found you cannot run both Apps, only your Doorbell can be registered to one, Again this is all DB1 info so not sure if it applies to DB1C. Just trying to help...

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if you had to pick which Chime you have during your DB1C setup, Mechanical, Digital, No Chime, like we did on the DB1, then you will probably have to do it again after the latest firmware update.
I have a DB1C and have found that it doesn't always ask me to pick a chime after a reset - sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't so I have reset it again to set the chime.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't update the firmware, it's still original. The chime, which was brand new at the time of the DB1C installation, still works fine if I trigger it manually myself. I may just bite the bullet and buy a Dahua VTO or three and be done with using the junky WiFi crap.

Honesty87

n3wb
Reaction score
So we had a DB1 user state the same thing when he updated to the new firmware...

Both DB1 and DB1C firmwares got released a day apart from each other Nov, 2 and 3rd

If you need to go back to the previous firmware I have it zipped up on a message on page 1 of this Thread. You would use Batch Config. Tool to install it...
David. Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you helped me out originally with this doorbell.

Forgive me for asking. What batch config tool do you recommend?
I download it to my laptop and connect it to my laptop somehow, upload the firmware on page 1 then hey presto?

Thanks again

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
David. Thanks for the reply. I'm sure you helped me out originally with this doorbell.

Forgive me for asking. What batch config tool do you recommend?
I download it to my laptop and connect it to my laptop somehow, upload the firmware on page 1 then hey presto?

Thanks again
We did have an issue with certain versions of Hik's Batch Config Tool. I am still running version 3.0.2.6
When you install the Batch Tool it will ask for a Username and Password, or it use to, this is independent/separate from your DB username/password.
Once you added your DB, hit Refresh, and it should show up as Online.

1636596794721.png

Hit Upgrade and point the File Path to the .dav file...

1636597725303.png

I assume the latest version is this one that the program is trying to get me to upgrade to.
1636596617801.png

Word of Caution, make sure your WiFi signal is good, I am not a fan of upgrading firmware via WiFi although now a days most devices are WiFI.

HTH

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't update the firmware, it's still original. The chime, which was brand new at the time of the DB1C installation, still works fine if I trigger it manually myself. I may just bite the bullet and buy a Dahua VTO or three and be done with using the junky WiFi crap.
So earlier this year when all the Chime issues started, some found it was the App that caused the Chime to no longer work since they also did not change their firmware. Again I am speaking of the DB1. Our only conclusion was maybe EZVIZ wanted us to use their Chime, which at that time was not available in the US. The EZVIZ Chime was marketed more for the DB1C.

I don't know much about the Chime, from what I gathered your DB connects to the Chime and the Chime connects to your AP/Router. If this is how it works then I thought that was a good idea since the Chime could be placed/located between the AP and the DB, kind of acting like an Extender.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For forty bucks they can keep that thing.
I hear ya...

There is a reason why our Thread got so large :) It was a long 2 year journey with this DB. I am one of the lucky ones, I have never had any Chime issues or other issues others have had, like disconnects, etc. I have the LaView version running the EZVIZ App. We never truly determined if the Chime issue was only caused by the App. Thinking more it may also be a cloud issue. When EZVIZ removed the Chime option on their App is when all of this started for us, DB1 users. Below is some of the Chime fixes users posted:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally (If you suspect your Power Kit is the reason your Chime is not working, here is a Power Kit replacement thanks to hibby50 )

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have not been on for a while now but I have to say that since the last update to 5.3.0 / 211011 on my DB1C the signal drops to BI and 30 seconds later reconnects. As of now I don't know the frequency of the drop outs but they are quite often.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not been on for a while now but I have to say that since the last update to 5.3.0 / 211011 on my DB1C the signal drops and 30 seconds later reconnects. As of now I don't know the frequency of the drop outs but they are quite often.
thats strange. mine has been perfect since day one..... well actually didnt catch one bell once. but waaaaaay better than my old RCA variant .

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not been on for a while now but I have to say that since the last update to 5.3.0 / 211011 on my DB1C the signal drops to BI and 30 seconds later reconnects. As of now I don't know the frequency of the drop outs but they are quite often.
If you need to go back to the older firmware:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No problem with the bell or any operation, just randomly BI loses the signal for 30 seconds. I watched it a bit the other day and in a 5 minute interval it dropped 3 times then no drops for the next 15 minutes. Only since the new upload.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you need to go back to the older firmware:

I'm going to wait a bit and see if the problem gets their attention and a fix, if not I'll take your advice. Thanks..

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I may end up going back to an earlier firmware like @David L suggests. Spent about 45 minutes today watching 2 screens, one with BI and the other running the Batch program in view mode watching the Doorbell. Every 10 minutes (or so) it would drop out of BI but stay running in the Batch program. I remove and reinstalled it in BI but same problem.