Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But IVS will not automatically mean Auto tracking i think ?
I've gotten mine to do the auto tracking. But It's tricky finding the right piece of SW that let's you get everything set up right. The only way I get it to work is with the plugin under Firefox. Chrome Plugin, IE Plugin, any version of SmartPSS won't work for the IVS that I have tried.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I've gotten mine to do the auto tracking. But It's tricky finding the right piece of SW that let's you get everything set up right. The only way I get it to work is with the plugin under Firefox. Chrome Plugin, IE Plugin, any version of SmartPSS won't work for the IVS that I have tried.
that is nice, how about make a short guide here? Because I also meet this problem to make fully working for the IVS setting?

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So the preset4 where make the setting?
That's just one of the PTZ presets that I have set for the cam. You can make that any of your presets.

So to set the rule just choose one of your presets from the preset drop down, click on the green + icon in the box right below that and choose the type of rule.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That's just one of the PTZ presets that I have set for the cam. You can make that any of your presets.

So to set the rule just choose one of your presets from the preset drop down, click on the green + icon in the box right below that and choose the type of rule.
Thanks! I am not very good at the tech, could you post some pics about the whole setting? Thank you buddy

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
okay i was able to get into the camera by plugging my laptop into my nvr via cat 5 cable using port 8 (i just used that one -i have 16) 10.1.1.65 and used that for my address to get in now I am able to draw and things like that but I just need to learn how to get the camera to auto track - I can't find the auto track setting
You can post more details here, then can sort fast.@nayr and other guys can have some idea

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, I am curious what the current best ptz is, 2mp, speed dome, auto tracking, IVS, the works, if I go, I'm going all out lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I am curious what the current best ptz is, 2mp, speed dome, auto tracking, IVS, the works, if I go, I'm going all out lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The consensus here is that auto tracking is a bit of a gimmick.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
pretty much, at least Dahua lets you trigger auto-tracking by IVS features like tripline and stuff so its not just chasing squirrels and things across the yard.

I think Dahua's AutoTracking might actually be usefull in some situations, where you are using the PTZ to try to get a tight 2nd angles and you have fixed cameras already providing covering all the important stuff.. If/When autotracking goes stupid it wont hurt your security, but when it does work as intended it could give more pixels of activity.

luckily this is how I am setup now, so I am keen on giving Dahua's Autotracking a try and see if I can get a productive use out of it.. compared to all the other AutoTracking on the junk cameras this is tunable and not entirely a gimmick.

For the vast majority of what people are imagining autotracking will do for them; they will be disapointed.. I've already got very low expectations, so there is potential I may be happy with it.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
pretty much, at least Dahua lets you trigger auto-tracking by IVS features like tripline and stuff so its not just chasing squirrels and things across the yard.

I think Dahua's AutoTracking might actually be usefull in some situations, where you are using the PTZ to try to get a tight 2nd angles and you have fixed cameras already providing covering all the important stuff.. If/When autotracking goes stupid it wont hurt your security, but when it does work as intended it could give more pixels of activity.

luckily this is how I am setup now, so I am keen on giving Dahua's Autotracking a try and see if I can get a productive use out of it.. compared to all the other AutoTracking on the junk cameras this is tunable and not entirely a gimmick.

For the vast majority of what people are imagining autotracking will do for them; they will be disapointed.. I've already got very low expectations, so there is potential I may be happy with it.
Yeah like my dream is it picks up their body and follows them, is that a reality? No idea, and is it worth $600+? Eehhh.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my dream is an IVS rule from a fixed camera or my home automation could trigger Autotracking on the PTZ from a preset; might be doable.. but might not be, hard to tell without one of these in my hands.. If anyone wants to buy me one I'll happily give it a great review :p

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
my dream is an IVS rule from a fixed camera or my home automation could trigger Autotracking on the PTZ from a preset; might be doable.. but might not be, hard to tell without one of these in my hands.. If anyone wants to buy me one I'll happily give it a great review :p

Question, you've already got it set up to where external sensors trigger ptz presets correct? I seem to remember something with your mailbox.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, I am using the alarm inputs on my Bullet cameras and NVR to hook up to a load of sensors, motion sensors, contact switches, door bell sensors, pressure mats, anything that needs the fastest response possible.. My Dahua NVR is configured to respond to these and tell any or all of my PTZ's to go to preset and it does it as bout as close to instantly as you can expect.

Ive got my automation and security system using HTTP API to also go to PTZ Presets but the response time is noticeably worse, mostly the Z-Wave network and http api combining.. its only a second or so, but every bit of latency adds up.

I'll be wiring another motion sensor up to the Ultra Starlight Bullet.. Its going to be zoomed in on sidewalk and up close to camera someone could walk under it in my yard and not be seen.. so the motion sensor will be there to tell my front door PTZ to check out that preset when it goes off.

here's a demo video I made long ago when I first started setting this stuff up w/my Black Face PTZ:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, I am using the alarm inputs on my Bullet cameras and NVR to hook up to a load of sensors, motion sensors, contact switches, door bell sensors, pressure mats, anything that needs the fastest response possible.. My Dahua NVR is configured to respond to these and tell any or all of my PTZ's to go to preset and it does it as bout as close to instantly as you can expect.

Ive got my automation and security system using HTTP API to also go to PTZ Presets but the response time is noticeably worse, mostly the Z-Wave network and http api combining.. its only a second or so, but every bit of latency adds up.

I'll be wiring another motion sensor up to the Ultra Starlight Bullet.. Its going to be zoomed in on sidewalk and up close to camera someone could walk under it in my yard and not be seen.. so the motion sensor will be there to tell my front door PTZ to check out that preset when it goes off.

here's a demo video I made long ago when I first started setting this stuff up w/my Black Face PTZ:
sick man, sick, I only aspire lol, so it will see someone coming to the front door and swing the ptz around? Awesome, can you remember which model of the pro we were talking about? there's a few and I want to compare it to the cheaper one for shits and giggles.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! I am not very good at the tech, could you post some pics about the whole setting? Thank you buddy
Set Presets:
upload_2017-1-6_9-21-39.png

Go to IVS under Event (your current preset should be the one in the Preset Drop down):
upload_2017-1-6_9-23-46.png
Click Green Plus icon in window below Preset:
upload_2017-1-6_9-25-6.png

Chose type of rule from Rule Type Drop Down box
Click Draw under the main view ( Right click to end the drawing. This was just by accident I found how to end the drawing):
upload_2017-1-6_9-26-42.png

upload_2017-1-6_9-28-24.png

upload_2017-1-6_9-29-19.png
Then just setup the parameters under Parameter Setup. I just checked Alarm Track.

Also you might want to manually reboot the camera after the settings are done.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh now I gotta have it.. with IVS that looks so much more usable than what the other guys are offering.