Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh now I gotta have it.. with IVS that looks so much more usable than what the other guys are offering.
Works ok for probably 25mph or less. Much faster and it won't track fast enough, not sure though as not too many cars exceed 20mph by the time they enter or leave.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
oh now I gotta have it.. with IVS that looks so much more usable than what the other guys are offering.
Yeah its the same exact stats as the $350 one except it has auto tracking it looks like, $180 more bucks, VERY tempting, I am rethinking lol.

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He was up for 24 hrs I talk to him a little while ago yeah he likes to do to do what you said - has anyone been successful setting up email through through the web - I was able to do it through the nvr but the web won't take for some reason

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my dream is an IVS rule from a fixed camera or my home automation could trigger Autotracking on the PTZ from a preset; might be doable.. but might not be, hard to tell without one of these in my hands.. If anyone wants to buy me one I'll happily give it a great review :p
@nayr I've ordered you one, wait by the door for it! ;)

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does anyone how big of internal memory card can this cam can support?
128g micro sd?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
all this new generation can take 128G's, including this one.. the previous gens maxed out at 64g

RH-Atl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A quick goog search on "Edge Storage" and came up with this:

Edge storage or on-board storage means the video recording at the edge of the Ethernet network as opposed to transmit the data across the network. The edge storage is able to provide three main benefits; decentralized storage, redundancy, and low bandwidth. This is the reason why it's widely used in many IP cameras. Edge storage function enables camera to record video directly to a storage device such as an SD/SDHC card inserted into the camera. Additionally, it can store the snapshot either captured by motion detection or user's operation.

So, just another term for SD card to confuss old farts like me?
Thanks for the brief explanation, Nayr

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
A quick goog search on "Edge Storage" and came up with this:

Edge storage or on-board storage means the video recording at the edge of the Ethernet network as opposed to transmit the data across the network. The edge storage is able to provide three main benefits; decentralized storage, redundancy, and low bandwidth. This is the reason why it's widely used in many IP cameras. Edge storage function enables camera to record video directly to a storage device such as an SD/SDHC card inserted into the camera. Additionally, it can store the snapshot either captured by motion detection or user's operation.

So, just another term for SD card to confuss old farts like me?
Thanks for the brief explanation, Nayr
Buzz words

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
As an aside I would probably only do continuous recording in the SD card since motion detection and stuff in most cameras sucks compared to say blue iris or maybe an NVR I dunno, never used an NVR box.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk