Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Also thinking out loud, you might just try and give your preset 2 an allotted time. It may be that idle isn't initiating because it always thinks it's working on preset 2 motion call.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Appreciate the tips. Got things working pretty reliable between the pir's making the call for my preset1 and 2. Preset1 is main focal point and 2 is where I want the camera to swing when the pir is triggered on that side of the house.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was running the idle motion reliably until preset switching was tested. Bam, doesn't work. So I went back to the time task as well.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
so you've had no issues with the newest march firmware? was thinking about upgrading.
Yes, i upgraded to the March 2017 and I an NOT pleased with it. I got autotracking working reasonably now with one intrusion area, however it isn't doing the job right every time. Especially with upcoming traffic it fails more than it works correctly. Also (and that is my main issue since i installed the new firmware and PTZ software) it doesn't zoom automatically anymore beyond 2x zoom when it picks up movement in the intrusion area. It tracks and follows, but then it just goes from zoom 1x to zoom 2x and that's it. Nothing after 2x and that really sucks!! So i would NOT suggest the new March 2017 firmware. I am hoping for someone who can direct me to official firmware to downgrade (but nobody seems to be able to help here in the forum).

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've managed to get mine working pretty well both night and day using intrusion boxes

I still have 1 certain area that's hit and miss but it's on the very edge of the view which may be why.

What I have found is if you just use 1 big box over the entire area it doesn't really work well. But if you define certain spots within the view using intrusion boxes it works well.

You can pretty much cover everything you need within the fov by using smaller boxes in defined areas at clever points because there is only a few places an object can move in or out of scene if you think about it.

Also by lowering the sensitivity to 4 or 5 I find it works better. And tracks further

Ive still no idea what the track time and the 3 options do in the advanced tracking part
Tracking overlap rate
Track time
Track distance
as they seem to do nothing.

I've also found that the alarm track time effects the time it tracks more so than the advanced option

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've managed to get mine working pretty well both night and day using intrusion boxes

I still have 1 certain area that's hit and miss but it's on the very edge of the view which may be why.

What I have found is if you just use 1 big box over the entire area it doesn't really work well. But if you define certain spots within the view using intrusion boxes it works well.

You can pretty much cover everything you need within the fov by using smaller boxes in defined areas at clever points because there is only a few places an object can move in or out of scene if you think about it.

Also by lowering the sensitivity to 4 or 5 I find it works better. And tracks further

Ive still no idea what the track time and the 3 options do in the advanced tracking part
Tracking overlap rate
Track time
Track distance
as they seem to do nothing.

I've also found that the alarm track time effects the time it tracks more so than the advanced option
So what version of FW are you on?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried to upgrade to DH_SD-Eos_EngSpn_N_Stream3_V2.422.0000.8.R.20170315.bin twice now and after it boots back up it still shows the firmware from "2.420.0000.9.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-07-12" so not sure what the hell is up with that, it goes through the whole process, didn't try the PAL version, hoping I don't have to like, reset the camera.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to upgrade to DH_SD-Eos_EngSpn_N_Stream3_V2.422.0000.8.R.20170315.bin twice now and after it boots back up it still shows the firmware from "2.420.0000.9.R.2512, Build Date: 2016-07-12" so not sure what the hell is up with that, it goes through the whole process, didn't try the PAL version, hoping I don't have to like, reset the camera.
I used that file and was able to update OK.

upload_2017-4-28_8-36-26.png

Also I see there is a newer PTZ firmware and I'm going to try it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you try setting the system default button prior to the upgrade attempt. Someone else mentioned that Dahua suggested this.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
PTZ portion of the Firmware update went OK. So if anyone wants to update it's safe.

View attachment 17826
You're on the same levels as me now. I wonder if you're still having more than 2x zoom on autotracking? And there is a new feauture called 'PTZ Limit' (see below). I guess this is what destroyed my zoom function, so be carefull with that.

limit.JPG