Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Super news thanks Andy - is it just the main camera firmware or also a PTZ MCU update too?

With thanks in advance,

Aidan

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been away for a couple of days since upgrading mine but no issues so far - auto tracking still seems to have a mind of its own at times but stability wise it's been fine and recording to microSD has carried on fine.

I did a reset to settings after the upgrade so recreated all IVS rules I had in place.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
upgraded here! Also nothing new to report. I asked Andy what the update included, Will see what he says!

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just updated found a bug, if you adjust switch to wdr picture will white out and shutting it off or trying other settings will not fix it you have to change exposure to manual and change shutter speed to reset it or reboot on my camera anyway

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just updated found a bug, if you adjust to wdr picture will white out and shutting it off or trying other settings will not fix it you have to change exposure to manual and change shutter speed to reset it or reboot on my camera anyway
Update If you choose off blc or hlc in backlight setting it will work as it should but if you hit wdr it whites out and changing to any different exposure will fix it, now I just lost complete picture trying reboot now, ok pictures back.
Updates are Like rolling the dice!
Also eis won’t engage it says digital zoom is on but I turned it off and verified it’s off in live view but eis still cannot be selected

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update If you choose off blc or hlc in backlight setting it will work as it should but if you hit wdr it whites out and changing to any different exposure will fix it, now I just lost complete picture trying reboot now, ok pictures back.
Updates are Like rolling the dice!
Did you do a reset to defaults after the upgrade?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
WDR works fine here on the latest version but I did do the reset to defaults after the upgrade.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I checked, mine is not having that problem. I did hit the reset button in camera after upgrade.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Personally I just go for the option that keeps all network settings and resets all other settings - so far so good!

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been watching mine for the last few days. I can't say it's much different but I do think auto tracking is a bit more "wild" than before. My guide is when it tries to pick up small animals 70 yards away. It will generally zoom past them and search around at zoom out of focus all over the place. However...clearly...this wasn't made for tracking small animals. When the deer come...it tracks them just fine.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I updated mine on the 16th July and it seems the web interface has become non responsive - the video stream to Blue Iris is working fine still but looks like the camera needs a power cycle to bring the webinterface back.

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this now 10 days have passed?