Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I updated to this current firmware, still have the IR issue. I've not tried autotracking, but everything else seems ok.
I've not had a chance to get on the roof and do a hard reset as yet.
I did do a full reset to factory defaults before and after upgrading.

@Frank van der Heide Have you tried a hard reset to see if that fixes any of your issues?
Nope, my cam is up too high to reach it easily. I cannot hard reset it myself without special equipment to reach the cam. So for me that's not an option unfortunately. Last time I had problems with the cam I had to hire someone to fix it. Costed me 150 euro. Did a hard reset at that time, but it's been a while

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was finally able to do the hard reset on this cam. Still have the same issue with the IR not zooming correctly. I'm on firmware ver. 2017-09-06.
Using smartir.

Is this the correct procedure? Power off the cam, hold in reset button and while continuing holding button, power back on, correct?

Anyone else that has this problem, please let @EMPIRETECANDY know.

Last edited:

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was finally able to do the hard reset on this cam. Still have the same issue with the IR not zooming correctly. I'm on firmware ver. 2017-09-06.
Using smartir.

The correct procedure is to power off the cam, hold in reset button and while continuing holding button, power back on, correct?

Anyone else that has this problem, please let @EMPIRETECANDY know.
I did a reset with tftp and installed firmware 09/2016 and it works fine except autotrack.
I sent a mail to dahua to report problems.
I had already alerted empiretecandy but replied that I did not buy from him.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone check their log reports in account section seems I have some logins between 2am-4am using my qsee nvr recorder address 192.168.1.? and some say web3 or dvrip after the address only weird thing is I am sleeping! no one else has access.
and has anyone figured a way around that constant log in protocol every 15 minutes

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the camera last week and haven't had a lot of time with but enough that so far I'm very happy. The last thing I want to do is build a small roof over it as it currently hangs out in the open and I think that keeping the rain off of it and away from the IR will help during the snow/rain storms. Otherwise I was quite surprised with autotracking as it does a better job than I though. However I have NOT tested it at night yet.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway....I know you can set vertical limits on this PTZ, but can you set left/right limits? Or a workaround?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you don't have a lot of obstacles in the field of view, autotrack at night should work pretty well...just be sure to use the appropriate IR...either zoomprio or smartIR for your conditions.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is what I understand. Luckily I'm hoping it works well enough for 4 legged animals during the day in the field.
I have some great night auto tracking of a running deer if I can figure out how to post it from a iPhone

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you don't have a lot of obstacles in the field of view, autotrack at night should work pretty well...just be sure to use the appropriate IR...either zoomprio or smartIR for your conditions.
yes sire no obstacles

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far autotrack during the day seems to do a pretty darn good job. At night I haven't seen the same kind of luck. And the IR is very odd and has the same issues I've see others report. The focused IR turns off once I get above about 20x. I'm using Smart IR right now. Maybe I just don't understand the zoom prio IR. When on it keeps a VERY hot spot in the center of the frame. Of course the help screen didn't have anything about it.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When on it keeps a VERY hot spot in the center of the frame.
You should be able to adjust the intensity of the zoomprio IR so the hot spot is not visible when idle. This may have to be set very low if your camera is focused on a close target when idle. If the camera is focused on a distant target when idle, you should be able to set/keep a rather high setting. The higher the better if your moving targets are distant--lower if your moving targets are relatively close.

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but has anyone has issues with the web server crashing? I have two of these and both crash at the same time so it doesn't appear to be defective hardware. This started a few firmware revisions ago. Since that time I have hard reset both but still experience the same issue. The RTSP stream remains stable, but the web interface disappears after a few days. I enabled SSH but their secure shell doesn't allow for much so I don't think it will be useful for diagnosing anything.

Device details:

Device Type SD59225U-HNI
System Version 2.600.0000000.10.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2017-09-06
WEB Version 3.2.1.492253
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.3.1.458331)
PTZ Version 3.02.85.RHNT_17_22722 (notice, I can't upgrade the PTZ version to V3.04.09.R.170905, so maybe this is related - it takes the file and reboots as if the flash were successful, but the version doesn't change)

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should be able to adjust the intensity of the zoomprio IR so the hot spot is not visible when idle. This may have to be set very low if your camera is focused on a close target when idle. If the camera is focused on a distant target when idle, you should be able to set/keep a rather high setting. The higher the better if your moving targets are distant--lower if your moving targets are relatively close.
I'm going to try this. So far the only real complaint of this camera. The IR just seems off. Even the close IR seems to shoot too low. Then when I get up in zoom range the zoom IR just turns completely off (as others have mentioned). I'll keep playing :)

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm going to try this. So far the only real complaint of this camera. The IR just seems off. Even the close IR seems to shoot too low. Then when I get up in zoom range the zoom IR just turns completely off (as others have mentioned). I'll keep playing :)
Make sure your not on smart ir because it shuts off at around 7x zoom I don’t know why that is smart because you will need ir all thru zoom any how my zoom priorities stays in all thru the zoom up to 25 x check if u have hlc on as that will darken up your zoom so it may look like ir is less affective

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Make sure your not on smart ir because it shuts off at around 7x zoom I don’t know why that is smart because you will need ir all thru zoom any how my zoom priorities stays in all thru the zoom up to 25 x check if u have hlc on as that will darken up your zoom so it may look like ir is less affective
So your suggestion is to turn HLC on when using zoom priority??

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So far autotrack during the day seems to do a pretty darn good job. At night I haven't seen the same kind of luck. And the IR is very odd and has the same issues I've see others report. The focused IR turns off once I get above about 20x. I'm using Smart IR right now. Maybe I just don't understand the zoom prio IR. When on it keeps a VERY hot spot in the center of the frame. Of course the help screen didn't have anything about it.
The Firmware has a bug. IR is not operating correctly.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but has anyone has issues with the web server crashing? I have two of these and both crash at the same time so it doesn't appear to be defective hardware. This started a few firmware revisions ago. Since that time I have hard reset both but still experience the same issue. The RTSP stream remains stable, but the web interface disappears after a few days. I enabled SSH but their secure shell doesn't allow for much so I don't think it will be useful for diagnosing anything.

Device details:

Device Type SD59225U-HNI
System Version 2.600.0000000.10.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2017-09-06
WEB Version 3.2.1.492253
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.3.1.458331)
PTZ Version 3.02.85.RHNT_17_22722 (notice, I can't upgrade the PTZ version to V3.04.09.R.170905, so maybe this is related - it takes the file and reboots as if the flash were successful, but the version doesn't change)
No web server crashe's with mine, just the IR firmware bug.

n0xlf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looney, were you able to successfully flash V3.04.09.R.170905 for the PTZ with V2.600.0000000.10.R.170906 for the firmware? I'm beginning to think my mismatch may have something to do with my web server crashes. TFTP is about the only way I can think to fix it...