Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea man cause you should be able to just pull the camera from box, slap it to house and it magical works perfectly. Hahaha nothing in life is easy
I've been playing with this thing for almost three months now. once I think it's working good - a week later its back to this. I mean I appreciate your help - and I'm a huge dahua fan (it's all my company installs) - but at the end of the day, I bought this thing to give myself experience in case a client ever wanted one of these... and after my experience with this one - there is absolutely no way I could put this on a clients property - it would result in service call after service call.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been playing with this thing for almost three months now. once I think it's working good - a week later its back to this. I mean I appreciate your help - and I'm a huge dahua fan (it's all my company installs) - but at the end of the day, I bought this thing to give myself experience in case a client ever wanted one of these... and after my experience with this one - there is absolutely no way I could put this on a clients property - it would result in service call after service call.
If I were you I'd atleast try keeping intrusion box boarder away from screen edges. Will take 5 mins to adjust it and test.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I were you I'd atleast try keeping intrusion box boarder away from screen edges. Will take 5 mins to adjust it and test.
The box that I just moved away from the edges has already failed and went up in the air like that again. I'm going to make one more attempt at this thing and i'm writing it off as a loss.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For what it is worth I have my trip wires setup with much greater overlap and coverage. This seems to work well 95% of them time. Only rarely does it get fascinated by palm trees.

Each rule allows for 19 lines to be entered. I keep adding rules with 19 lines until the area I want covered is covered. For this view it took 7 rules with the 7th not using all 19 lines. I only just got this first PTZ up and running the other day so I haven't delved deeply into all the fine settings and such. This is my first PTZ so I am far from an expert. Hope this helps.

Deep IVS.JPGDeep IVS rule 1.JPGDeep IVS rule 2.JPG

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I have been reading too much ipcamtalk because I could have sworn this thread was for the SD49225XZ-HNR not the SD59225u-HNI so while my post about the layout of my tripwires may still apply the models are very different cameras. I apologize for getting mixed up about which topic I was replying to.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For what it is worth I have my trip wires setup with much greater overlap and coverage. This seems to work well 95% of them time. Only rarely does it get fascinated by palm trees.

Each rule allows for 19 lines to be entered. I keep adding rules with 19 lines until the area I want covered is covered. For this view it took 7 rules with the 7th not using all 19 lines. I only just got this first PTZ up and running the other day so I haven't delved deeply into all the fine settings and such. This is my first PTZ so I am far from an expert. Hope this helps.

View attachment 53490View attachment 53491View attachment 53492
Holy crap that’s intense dude

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I could see how that could work. As the object moves it keeps triggering trips and so the camera goes to each trip point, whereas with a single trip as a box outer, once the outer is tripped, the camera receives no further trip input and so is free to roam based on it's tracking of the object, which may be poor!

Why Dahua don't implement the object tracking we see in even simple software these days where an object is identified and a green box drawn around the object of interest which then becomes the focus, and the object then tracked is beyond me. That system seems to work quite work in the software side for tracking even people. However, I can see how giving the camera lots of trip inputs may keep it on track as an alternative.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol, up late all night sipping coffee :lol:
@smoothie your PTZ has autotracking?
Yeah it is the new Dahua that has their "AI" features, seems pretty cool so far but like I said I haven't had it running for long.

The underlying logic as to why I knocked over a Starbucks before laying out my tripwires was the camera must first recognize the object and then have it cross a tripwire. My camera seems to get bored quickly, if a person walks into the tripwires and stops moving for 3 to 5 seconds (and I mean really stands still) the camera will reset back to its preset. If they stopped within the maze of tripwires it sometimes picks them up again even just standing still but most people don't stand perfectly still so it usually grabs them again.

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I could see how that could work. As the object moves it keeps triggering trips and so the camera goes to each trip point, whereas with a single trip as a box outer, once the outer is tripped, the camera receives no further trip input and so is free to roam based on it's tracking of the object, which may be poor!

Why Dahua don't implement the object tracking we see in even simple software these days where an object is identified and a green box drawn around the object of interest which then becomes the focus, and the object then tracked is beyond me. That system seems to work quite work in the software side for tracking even people. However, I can see how giving the camera lots of trip inputs may keep it on track as an alternative.
That seems to be more like what my newer PTZ has. The "AI" system Dahua has on this camera allows you to choose "human", "Non-motorized vehicle", and/or "Motor vehicle" and it is pretty good about telling one from the other. Lighting, shadows and contrast all seem to have the ability to radically change the way the system interprets what it is "seeing" but this is true of all autotracking systems new and old.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I too been having issue with mine. I've noticed since shrinking the intrusion area, the auto tracking works way better. also, slowing down the PTZ speed in the GUI interface to Med. Less merry go arounding with the panning.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Assuming that you are referring the SD4xx series :D This SD59225U does not have AI

Yeah it is the new Dahua that has their "AI" features, seems pretty cool so far but like I said I haven't had it running for long.

The underlying logic as to why I knocked over a Starbucks before laying out my tripwires was the camera must first recognize the object and then have it cross a tripwire. My camera seems to get bored quickly, if a person walks into the tripwires and stops moving for 3 to 5 seconds (and I mean really stands still) the camera will reset back to its preset. If they stopped within the maze of tripwires it sometimes picks them up again even just standing still but most people don't stand perfectly still so it usually grabs them again.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I too been having issue with mine. I've noticed since shrinking the intrusion area, the auto tracking works way better. also, slowing down the PTZ speed in the GUI interface to Med. Less merry go arounding with the panning.
Exactly

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Cameraguy lmao there is no way this is a settings error. watch this clip.

Watch this thing go from tracking my wife (rather well - I’m not sure why it stopped once out of the intrusion box, but atleast it kind of works.) to spinning in numerous circles for no reason at all.

@EMPIRETECANDY Andy - is it possible this thing can be warrantied out?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
From the looks of it you need to set another preset to go further right and make another intrusion box. I think its better to disable autotracking altogether so that its less aggravating, lol :p

@Cameraguy lmao there is no way this is a settings error. watch this clip.

Watch this thing go from tracking my wife (rather well - I’m not sure why it stopped once out of the intrusion box, but atleast it kind of works.) to spinning in numerous circles for no reason at all.

@EMPIRETECANDY Andy - is it possible this thing can be warrantied out?

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wanted to share something. In the previous post, one of the member set up multiple tripwire withing the intrusion zones. Decided to try it, seem to really improve the performance of my set up. If anybody having problems, they might want to try this idea. Worked for me.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wanted to share something. In the previous post, one of the member set up multiple tripwire withing the intrusion zones. Decided to try it, seem to really improve the performance of my set up. If anybody having problems, they might want to try this idea. Worked for me.
Thanks! I shall try this. Mine is so bad, I want to throw it in the trash.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so you’re saying to have an intrusion box, but also trip wires inside that box?