Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
that one I'm triing to figure out. It allows up and down, but not left or right. At least what I know.
Doesn't have horizontal limit capability. Only up and down. Been there with the same exact idea lol.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I actually want to remove one of the overview fixed lens cameras (mounted 10 feet high) and install a PTZ in its place. I already have two fixed lens cameras in the same location as the overview, but at less than 8 feet height overseeing the area. Is it overkill? Sure, but at least there is versatility and I get to track down semi-suburban wildlife

You got the bug, now you have to have one. I know the feeling.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow! How the hell did the camera miss this?? Junk
Maybe decreasing the target area. I know, this camera pretty frustrating. Wishing you luck. But I believe there is a new software update

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just reviewing you previous clip of the guy walking the dog. Looks like when the PTZ activated, it also activated IR lights. In the image, the license plate lit up with the IR lights. This would cause your camera to immediately focus on that spot and disregard the guy walking the dog.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just reviewing you previous clip of the guy walking the dog. Looks like when the PTZ activated, it also activated IR lights. In the image, the license plate lit up with the IR lights. This would cause your camera to immediately focus on that spot and disregard the guy walking the dog.
I have changed a ton of settings tonight. Mostly, making the maximum target area almost full screen. I believe the smaller you make it, the more it zooms in and in my situation, I shouldn't have it zoom it at all because of the quickly moving objects. Also, shut off Auto tracking since it just doesn't work. Even with it off, it does track. I am talking about the one in PTZ/FUNCTION/INTELLIGENCE. Since it just seems to turn the camera into a spinning top.
I reeeeaaallly wanna like this thing but don't know it I wanna risk surpassing my 30 day return policy. I have 3 weeks to get this thing right.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe decreasing the target area. I know, this camera pretty frustrating. Wishing you luck. But I believe there is a new software update
There is a software update but I think there is a problem with it. I will try to find the thread and see if there is any news.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody wrote a step by step, on how to setup these IVS/tripwire settings?
Most of us(I assume), we don't know how to set these up properly, and there it starts the frustration.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anybody wrote a step by step, on how to setup these IVS/tripwire settings?
Most of us(I assume), we don't know how to set these up properly, and there it starts the frustration.
I must be doing something wrong. Definitely need help. I had a bunch of trip wires set up and it didn't work. Maybe the angles matter. My tripwires look as though they were perpendicular to the ground, not laying across it. Another thing to try. Meanwhile, my gf just shakes her head lol.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@rcirz feel free to DM me and will assist there. @tibimakai if you still need help can do the same as well. Don’t worry, you’ll be up and running soon :)

I must be doing something wrong. Definitely need help. I had a bunch of trip wires set up and it didn't work. Maybe the angles matter. My tripwires look as though they were perpendicular to the ground, not laying across it. Another thing to try. Meanwhile, my gf just shakes her head lol.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have just turned on auto tracking and most of the time is fairly OK, once in a while zooms in to my car's windshield or stuff like that, but I have two other cameras, that cover my front of the house. so it is not a big problem for me. It would be nice though, if I could set it up properly.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You using the Intelligence menu Auto Ttacking ? If so then IVS based Auto Tracking will be a lot more precise for you. So if you do need assistance later just DM me.

I have just turned on auto tracking and most of the time is fairly OK, once in a while zooms in to my car's windshield or stuff like that, but I have two other cameras, that cover my front of the house. so it is not a big problem for me. It would be nice though, if I could set it up properly.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You using the Intelligence menu Auto Ttacking ? If so then IVS based Auto Tracking will be a lot more precise for you. So if you do need assistance later just DM me.
I had shut it off in a desperate attempt to remedy the thing losing its object. I will try turning it back on. Is it really hit or miss on these? Id estimate that mine works 30% of the time.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Using a combination of IVS rules, with correct target setup and preset calls you can hit much higher success than that. Using the Auto Tracking under intelligence however is never a good option in my experience. Go with IVS as I mentioned and you will get way better results when configured correctly.

I had shut it off in a desperate attempt to remedy the thing losing its object. I will try turning it back on. Is it really hit or miss on these? Id estimate that mine works 30% of the time.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just completed a configuration of another forum user's 59225 today, I jumped on remotely, dialed in and tweaked the cam and I think they are now very happy with the results. So as I (and others) have mentioned before, stay clear of the Intelligence Menu, Auto Tracking option and work with IVS rules, target zones, combination (depending on install) of intrusion and tripwire and overall image tweaks and you can get some amazing results. Not foolproof but certainly more in the 90% range for tracking as expected. This approach also means that whether your cam features auto tracking or not, combining this with call to presets/ tours etc means you can still end up with a very nice end result.

HTH

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just completed a configuration of another forum user's 59225 today, I jumped on remotely, dialed in and tweaked the cam and I think they are now very happy with the results. So as I (and others) have mentioned before, stay clear of the Intelligence Menu, Auto Tracking option and work with IVS rules, target zones, combination (depending on install) of intrusion and tripwire and overall image tweaks and you can get some amazing results. Not foolproof but certainly more in the 90% range for tracking as expected. This approach also means that whether your cam features auto tracking or not, combining this with call to presets/ tours etc means you can still end up with a very nice end result.

HTH
That user was me - I can’t thank you enough. You know wayyyyyy more than I do. Appreciate you taking the time.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Was keeping you anonymous my friend :) Anyway, you are more than welcome anytime. Just reach out if you need anything, you have my details. Enjoy !!!!

That user was me - I can’t thank you enough. You know wayyyyyy more than I do. Appreciate you taking the time.