Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Couldn't you post a write up? That would be great for everybody.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand that everybody has different setup, but some basic steps to take.
For example should I use tripwire, or intrusion squares, how to draw the tripwire, etc.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How well are these PTZ's holding up to the elements, especially in icy cold snow-frost weather?
Mine is outside during our long and cold winters and has held up fine....I think. The only thing I swear is going on is the image is getting darker over time...but I don't have a good way to prove that.

Mine is setup in the back field and generally only auto tracks deer and other animals in some pretty dark settings. I'd say it's 50/50 at doing that. However mine tracks humans and vehicles perfectly and always. I think a small deer is about all it handles well. Depending on speed it has been able to track Raccoons and other similarly sized animals. However this is usually when the auto tracking fails....but I never expected it to be able to do that.

That all being said...what's the latest firmware for this thing? Is the newer one out yet that doesn't require the plugin?

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just and FYI on rules.

Just came across a limitation I didn't know existed, the total number of rules I can create appears to have some sort of limit. Admittedly this is on my 49225 not a 59225 so the limits could be different but I expect there are limits in the 59222 as well.

It appears I am limited to 31 rules across all my presets cumulatively.

I was unable to add an additional rule to a preset with 3 existing rules applied to it when I had other presets with as many as 8 rules. Fortunately I was able to remove several rules from defunct presets I setup during initial testing and so was ultimately able to create the rule I wanted to add. There was no error message or any indication a limit had been reached. The add rule button simply didn't respond, as if I hadn't clicked it. Removing the the other unused rules allowed me to add the rule I had wanted with the add rule button functioning as it normally would.

Just thought others might find this info useful. And yes I am the crazy person from earlier in this thread whose rules were...busy =)

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just and FYI on rules.

Just came across a limitation I didn't know existed, the total number of rules I can create appears to have some sort of limit. Admittedly this is on my 49225 not a 59225 so the limits could be different but I expect there are limits in the 59222 as well.

It appears I am limited to 31 rules across all my presets cumulatively.

I was unable to add an additional rule to a preset with 3 existing rules applied to it when I had other presets with as many as 8 rules. Fortunately I was able to remove several rules from defunct presets I setup during initial testing and so was ultimately able to create the rule I wanted to add. There was no error message or any indication a limit had been reached. The add rule button simply didn't respond, as if I hadn't clicked it. Removing the the other unused rules allowed me to add the rule I had wanted with the add rule button functioning as it normally would.

Just thought others might find this info useful. And yes I am the crazy person from earlier in this thread whose rules were...busy =)
My 59230 allows up to 10 rules per preset. I believe the specs are 300 presets so thats a lot of rules.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm moving in June. Bought a beautiful home up against a mountain with 3.5 acres. I'm bringing all my cameras with me. I'm considering putting my Sd59225u-hni on this corner but would prefer to mount it via a ceiling mount "if" I have something solid under the soffit. All the ceiling mounts I've found look like they bring it down further than I want. Any suggestions?

I really don't know where else to put it that is not going to cost and arm and a leg to run it or mount it. Here I can zoom in on wildlife.

Attachments

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

This camera has a big update for the firmware, please download and flash the camera using this link.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. I will do that as soon as we get into our new home. We start moving hopefully Thursday after we close on our new home.

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome Andy!!!! As always you are always there to keep us up to date. Best after sales service I've ever seen. Especially for a product I've owned for years! Thank you sir!

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have gone ahead and updated. Sure enough, chrome with no ie plugins immediately threw up a preview. I was able to view live feed and navigate through settings without problems. I did not do a factory reset. First boot was a little long (upgrading I presume). Started to get nervous thought my network settings were lost but nope just grabbed a drink from the fridge and when I got back everything was back to normal. Can't wait to poke around and see what other hidden goodies dahua may have gifted us with.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have gone ahead and updated. Sure enough, chrome with no ie plugins immediately threw up a preview. I was able to view live feed and navigate through settings without problems. I did not do a factory reset. First boot was a little long (upgrading I presume). Started to get nervous thought my network settings were lost but nope just grabbed a drink from the fridge and when I got back everything was back to normal. Can't wait to poke around and see what other hidden goodies dahua may have gifted us with.
Please report back what you find any issues or such.

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been playing off and on with it. No issues so far! One positive is that it plays well with my ipad pro now. Using the center button on the ptz controls I can just tap tap tap and the camera readjusts to center where I am tapping. I haven't found out how to draw a rectangle using my ipad pro yet (maybe the pencil can do it?) I don't know but this update just for the lack of plugin's alone is giving this device a breath of new life. Shout out to Dahua for investing in their products. Many companies would be quick to rather sell you a new one.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated and having problems with the live view on latest version of chrome and edge. Also the old NACL plugin will not let me login. I was able to use internet explorer to see a live view though. Odd.

EDIT: I had to do everything twice to get it to work. First time was attempt upgrade as is. Everything worked but video preview. So then I reset to factory defaults and flashed again. Still no video. Then I re-downloaded and flashed again. Nope, then reset to factory defaults again and now live preview is working in Chrome.

Last edited:

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
Which PTZ version should we use with this upgrade? I'm still using 2.301.0000000.3.RHNT_180331_26657 and there's a long delay when moving the camera either through the web interface or the NVR using the Windows SmartPSS client (the NVR is set to Realtime). I'm also having issues recording the HD stream locally using SmartPSS - the files end up being corrupt and unplayable. The older version from 2018 had no recording issues. FYI: I did a factory reset of the camera and the PTZ module after flashing - same issues.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just upgraded to v2.812.0000009.0.r.e4.2512.3s.nr,build date: 2021-10-11. main issue when zooming in ivs triggered event and maybe regular zooming it takes 4-6 seconds before it re focuses, tried full auto, semi, different sensitivity, nothing helped so I'm at manual focus which works at that preset zoom when tracking any suggestions.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just upgraded to v2.812.0000009.0.r.e4.2512.3s.nr,build date: 2021-10-11. main issue when zooming in ivs triggered event and maybe regular zooming it takes 4-6 seconds before it re focuses, tried full auto, semi, different sensitivity, nothing helped so I'm at manual focus which works at that preset zoom when tracking any suggestions.
Where did you find the link for the download?

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all. I was trying to set up IVS. I was able to login using an internet cable from my NVR tol my laptop using google and then the NACL web app. This was the only way I could get video as the other browsers firefox and microsoft edge will not pull up the video while iam logged in. It will show download web plugin but will not work. Any tips to set up IVS as when i click draw rule it does not work for some reason even after reset to default on camera. Thank you

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Dahua cameras work best in the old Internet Explorer. Some settings won't save in other browsers, like the Alarm Track time.