Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+)

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by aristobrat, May 27, 2019.

Share This Page

1. aristobrat

aristobrat IPCT Contributor

That’s one of the things I want to try when I get some free time to play. Hopefully the command is in the API guide already.

Once the command has been determined, using a VMS like Blue Iris or Surveillance Station to toggle the light on/off should be easy. I haven’t seen a NVR that can take custom actions when motion is detected (like making http calls), though.

2. zape

zape Young grasshopper

Is this considered an advantage?
    I see that this version is cheaper than non-LED, I wonder why.
    If I have some street light (not total darkness), which version should I get?

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb Young grasshopper

the advantage/reasoning behind it is, if you are trying to capture full color at night, IR light will cause false colors.

4. aristobrat

aristobrat IPCT Contributor

Wonder if this model not having a mechanical IR cut filter makes it a little cheaper?

I think for most situations, the other model (that has IR) is the model that will serve best. I think this LED model is best for situations where there is a decent amount of light at night (i.e. well lighted parking lot, where you can run this camera without needing to use the built-in LED lights), or to cover really dark areas (like porches and patios) where the camera's LED lights are useful for lighting the area anytime it's dark outside.

5. buckfast

buckfast Getting the hang of it

Am I one of the few who like the idea of the LED light? In the very least, something different to the IR night modes, and if one is prepared to schedule the LED on for all of darkness, then it looks to be a great proposition (with some routine cleaning)

aristobrat likes this.
  6. bigredfish

bigredfish Known around here

I think like @aristobrat says, it has its place. I like mine, its perfect in my dark entryway, the LED's are a backup to the porch light on cloudy/stormy days, and if we forget to turn on the porch light.

aristobrat likes this.