Review-Loryta IPC-T3449TM-AS-NI 3.6mm turret full color (Dahua)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Loryta IPC-T3449TM-AS-NI 3.6mm from @EMPIRETECANDY
4MP WDR Turret Varifocal Network Camera
This is a Dahua OEM with @EMPIRETECANDY model #

Review unit courtesy of Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: link
Andy's AliExpress store: link
Andy's Amazon store: link
Andy's Email: kingsecurity2014 (at) 163 (dot) com

Price Approximately US TBD
Purchase from Amazon here: TBD
Andy's Aliexpress store here: TBD

Please try to keep this thread on topic

4MP, 1/2.7” CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition
Outputs max. 4MP (2688 × 1520) @ 30 fps
H.265 codec, high compression rate, low bit rate
ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments
Rotation mode, WDR, 3D DNR, HLC, BLC, digital watermarking, applicable to various monitoring scenes
Intelligent detection: Intrusion, tripwire (support the classification and accurate detection of vehicle and human)
Abnormality detection: Motion detection, video tampering, scene changing, audio detection, no SD card, SD card full, SD card error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, voltage detection
Supports max. 256 G Micro SD card, built-in Mic
12V DC/POE power supply
IP67 protection
SMD Plus

Link to the Spec Sheet

Image Sensor1/2.7”4Megapixel progressive CMOS
Max. Resolution2688 (H) × 1520 (V)
ROM128 MB
RAM512 MB
Scanning SystemProgressive
Electronic Shutter SpeedAuto/Manual 1/3 s–1/100, 000 s
Min. Illumination0.003 Lux @ F1.0
S/N Ratio> 56 dB
Pan/Tilt/Rotation RangeHorizontal: 0°–360°; vertical: 0°–78°; rotation: 0°–360°
Lens
Lens TypeFixed-focal
Mount TypeM12
Focal Length2.8 mm; 3.6 mm
Max. ApertureF1.0
Field of View2.8 mm: Horizontal 103° × vertical 53° × diagonal 122°
3.6 mm: Horizontal 80° × vertical 43° × diagonal 95°
Iris TypeFixed

This camera has a plastic mounting plate, that snaps onto the camera. By pressing a tab down, the camera can be removed from the plate.
Trim ring is plastic as well, the rest is metal.

This camera has outstanding audio! I could hear and understand people talking about 100' from the camera.

IMG_20200920_145011.jpgIMG_20200920_145155.jpgIMG_20200920_145206.jpgIMG_20200920_145222.jpgIMG_20200920_145231.jpgIMG_20200920_145722.jpgIMG_20200920_145841.jpgIMG_20200920_145858.jpg

This camera has issue's IMHO. It's a good camera in daylight, but in the dark not so much. Not what I expected at all out of this cam.
Cameras defaults are H265, CBR, 2048, 30fps.
The only decent night picture as far as ID'ing faces only comes from auto mode. When you change the shutter to manual and set it at 1/30 or above, the picture is too dark to be usable.
The night shots were taken on a full moon, completely clear night.

Also, once dark set's in, the FPS drops to around 12-13fps, it's set at 30fps. Same occurs with H264.
I've not seen that behavior in any other cameras I've reviewed.
I reset to defaults numerous times, with no change in behavior.
SMD works kinda sort of in daylight. Hit and miss. IVS rules with AI work as expected.
Audio is very good.

Video recorded and exported from Blue Iris.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems kind of... Meh.

About like a lot of other nothing special 4MP cams at night.

Thanks as always for the good review though.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, quite a small sensor by the looks of it. It looks as if Dahua have dropped from the 1/1.8" used on many other 4mp cams to the 1/2.7" used here.

Not sure how much they will be able to improve the picture via a FW update because of that. Real pity when they've recently taken all their cameras in the other direction. I predict this is probably a camera Andy is not going to want to stock given it's inherent limitation.

Last edited:

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if you can add/aim an led white light to the subject area, and it wakes it up. maybe its worth a hundred bucks. i.d.k. - no price point yet, it seems.

Reaction score
Video reminds me of the T2431T-AS-S2. It is also plastic ringed but on the 1/3" sensor. These are great in my garage. But when I tested it outside at night it was about the same as this one. Was $79 when I bought it back in April.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably would need street lamps all around to keep lumens distributed all around. The homes down the street show up in color with their lights on.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Loryta IPC-T3449TM-AS-NI 3.6mm from @EMPIRETECANDY
4MP WDR Turret Varifocal Network Camera
This is a Dahua OEM with @EMPIRETECANDY model #

Review unit courtesy of Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: link
Andy's AliExpress store: link
Andy's Amazon store: link
Andy's Email: kingsecurity2014 (at) 163 (dot) com

Price Approximately US TBD
Purchase from Amazon here: TBD
Andy's Aliexpress store here: TBD

Please try to keep this thread on topic

Link to the Spec Sheet

Image Sensor1/2.7”4Megapixel progressive CMOS
Max. Resolution2688 (H) × 1520 (V)
ROM128 MB
RAM512 MB
Scanning SystemProgressive
Electronic Shutter SpeedAuto/Manual 1/3 s–1/100, 000 s
Min. Illumination0.003 Lux @ F1.0
S/N Ratio> 56 dB
Pan/Tilt/Rotation RangeHorizontal: 0°–360°; vertical: 0°–78°; rotation: 0°–360°
Lens
Lens TypeFixed-focal
Mount TypeM12
Focal Length2.8 mm; 3.6 mm
Max. ApertureF1.0
Field of View2.8 mm: Horizontal 103° × vertical 53° × diagonal 122°
3.6 mm: Horizontal 80° × vertical 43° × diagonal 95°
Iris TypeFixed

This camera has a plastic mounting plate, that snaps onto the camera. By pressing a tab down, the camera can be removed from the plate.
Trim ring is plastic as well, the rest is metal.

This camera has outstanding audio! I could hear and understand people talking about 100' from the camera.

View attachment 71844View attachment 71845View attachment 71846View attachment 71847View attachment 71848View attachment 71849View attachment 71850View attachment 71851

This camera has issue's IMHO. It's a good camera in daylight, but in the dark not so much. Not what I expected at all out of this cam.
Cameras defaults are H265, CBR, 2048, 30fps.
The only decent night picture as far as ID'ing faces only comes from auto mode. When you change the shutter to manual and set it at 1/30 or above, the picture is too dark to be usable.
The night shots were taken on a full moon, completely clear night.

Also, once dark set's in, the FPS drops to around 12-13fps, it's set at 30fps. Same occurs with H264.
I've not seen that behavior in any other cameras I've reviewed.
I reset to defaults numerous times, with no change in behavior.
SMD works kinda sort of in daylight. Hit and miss. IVS rules with AI work as expected.
Audio is very good.

Video recorded and exported from Blue Iris.

Nice review, No surprise at the nighttime quality with the progressive scan sensor, I have the USA 2mp baby brother of this (N22AL12) At 2mp it struggles at night. It seems once they stopped putting the starvis sensor in, the nighttime Quality has degraded. More that likely it will be a budget cam. I could see this in a small garage or well lit indoor area, thanks again for the review.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't see why Sony have never released the A7S Mk1 sensor to the CCTV market. It must be cheap to produce now as the development costs will have been paid back, the production line is already tooled but probably otherwise defunct and 12mp is ideal for a high definition camera for surveillance. Surely these could be churned out cheaply enough to go into a $200-250 camera and it's money for nothing for Sony with the chip already designed and developments costs repaid. The only cost is production and I'm guessing these chips come in a couple of dollars each when the only cost is pure silicon. Whilst the traditional cctv line continues to struggle with low light, this sensor is mindblowing in it's capabilities.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No although that's pretty amazing. It's one I read about in a thread over at Dashcam talk where some user was going on about it a lot. I believe it's only used in a DSLR although I could be wrong. He also posted this video link showing how the camera performed at night on a UK beack. Amazing - total darkness to daylight without noise. If you want to skip the scene setting shots, start at 1 min 15 secs - that's where he starts switching between high iso and a more normal setting. Sometimes it's hard to tell between daylight and high ISO, flat contrast apart:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Looney, always GOOD! This camera just as a full color turret, first one without LED or IR turret camera.
Just back from 6days public holidays, will have tioc CAMERA for testing next week. :D

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Looney, always GOOD! This camera just as a full color turret, first one without LED or IR turret camera.
Just back from 6days public holidays, will have tioc CAMERA for testing next week. :D
That sounds good.

I hope people liked my TIOC test. I did it tongue in cheek so as not to step on anyone's toes on the testing front and given I had nothing to compare it to. I'm sure Looney's excellent testing regime will fill in the blanks. In the meantime, I hope my "test" gave people a good idea of what to expect. Some really nice features on the TIOC. My one wish is they'd stuck with the bigger sensor. Anyway, a big thanks to Andy btw for supplying the TIOC camera. He's a real gentleman. I can't wait to get it properly installed once I can afford a pc to run BI, hopefully in the New Year.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What is TIOC and where is the test?