I changed the wiring. Originally I had one POE cable running to this fence post, so I had 3 cameras, a POE extender
, and two of those CMVision IR40 illuminators (4W each?) all running off that one cable run, off of a single POE+ 802.3at port from an Amcrest AMPS5E4P-At-65
. It will allegedly deliver 30W to one port and 65W to all 4 combined:
View attachment 135192
I ran a second cable* out of the POE+ switch to power one camera and one illuminator, which reduces the load on both the POE extender and that one POE+ port:
View attachment 135193
It works! I ran the 10W illuminators for 5-6 minutes last night, and nothing shut off like it did last time.
I need to find some daytime when I can mount the two Tendelux illuminators, and I also want to zip tie some of that diffuser material onto them, so it'll be a few days before I get new and improved coyote footage.
* running that second cable was supposed to take 20 minutes, but it took 2.5 hours because my pulling eye got unscrewed from the fish tape in the middle of the conduit, so I ended up with an empty conduit and no pull string
. The conduit run is only about 30', but it has a few bends that I can't push through, so I had to vacuum a new pull string through it, which required me schlepping the shop vac and 3 extension cords down to the trail. But at least it worked!!