Review- New Design Tendelux 10 Watt IR illuminator.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually looking again I don't think that it was the connector. That looked dry and I did have grease on it. But I put the unit on a table and when I picked it up, water came out where I had it sitting face down. I think what happened is that I had it turned so that the longer "visor" that's normally at the top was turned upside down and tipped up trying to see if that would reduce the hot spot closer on the ground. Looks like water collected there and seeped into it. So I guess don't turn them that way.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Make sure that you tape up the connector for these. I lost one last night when we got some rain. Hadn’t finished mounting yesterday and left it up without. Dead this morning. Kind of surprised but my bad. Should have just left it unplugged.
I know this is no longer suspected as the failure, but on the subject of tape, I've been pretty happy with this self-sealing silicone tape:

In fact I think it was recommended to me by someone here at IPCamTalk.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Not the same model, every 4-watt tendelux illuminator I bought ended up with water inside, and in every case it was repairable.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That shouldn't happen, I'd check with Tendalux about a warranty replacement.
Yeah, wouldn't think so. But I sprayed it black as soon as I got it so can't just return it to Amazon. Maybe send them a note and see what they say.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not the same model, every 4-watt tendelux illuminator I bought ended up with water inside, and in every case it was repairable.
Thought about that but can't see how these come apart. No obvious screws or anything holding it together.