Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so I went and did the Default option in the cam and the video blurring seems to be gone, at dusk there was some, but that might be because it's at that edge where the cam just doesn't have enough light and that does make sense.

But it didn't change anything from the IVR standpoint, it still doesn't do anything for me. I assume if you select the email option and set everything, it should email you when something is triggered right? I mean I can get BI to do it, if the cam isn't able to, ok. Maybe I don't understand the IVR part much. And under Events, Smart Plan it is set to IVR and saved.
It's IVS, did you draw the tripwire line in IVS setup as well? It's just under Smart Plan in the menu on theleft.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's IVS, did you draw the tripwire line in IVS setup as well? It's just under Smart Plan in the menu on theleft.
Yes sir. Attached is a pic of the section for the cam. I’ve turn on and off all sorts of options to see if something would trigger something.

IMG_0988.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes sir. Attached is a pic of the section for the cam. I’ve turn on and off all sorts of options to see if something would trigger something.

View attachment 48875

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, wonder if its because you are using corridor mode. Delete your Smart Plan setup.
Change the cam back to landscape mode, setup Smartplan and tripwire again and test.
I can't see the lines in your shot.
You can test the lines in real time, by displaying the picture live, and choosing show rules.
See bottom left corner of screen. If that doesn't appear, you will need to use the plugin.
This may be firmware bug that needs reported.
1571166958718.png
1571167149644.png

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm, wonder if its because you are using corridor mode. Delete your Smart Plan setup.
Change the cam back to landscape mode, setup Smartplan and tripwire again and test.
You can test the lines in real time, by displaying the picture live, and choosing show rules.
See bottom left corner of screen. If that doesn't appear, you will need to use the plugin.
View attachment 48881
View attachment 48883
Thanks for the reply, I'll try it again the other way, but I originally noticed this in landscape mode. Granted I had less knowledge of the camera then, so a second test doesn't hurt. What plugin are you referring to? Sorry, for the dumb questions, super new to all this.

There was one other person in this thread with a similar issue, but I don't think he ever replied back when asked questions.

One other question if you don't mind me asking here, when it come to alerting you whether in the app or in BI itself, how does that work? IVS creates an alert in the camera that BI interprets or is it something else.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Not that I've seen. Dahua recently added a Lite-AI series but its 4MP models look like they use smaller 1/2.7" image sensors.
I will bring some cheap 4mp cams with audio from dahua,a special model for us, so can get good price, i think will kick all IPC-HDW4433C-A out easily. Fixed lens and motorized lens.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 48881
View attachment 48883
So I tried that tonight and still nothing. Maybe I don't fully understand how it all works. If I enable Motion Detection in BI for that cam, I get the triggers, but if that isn't checked, nothing. In your screenshot that you have the circle in, what app is that? Is that through the web browser on that cam, is it BI or an NVR? I'm testing BI right now if that helps. If I have the IVS option checked in alarm in the cam, the tripwire trigger shows up there, but nothing is translating into BI.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I have the IVS option checked in alarm in the cam, the tripwire trigger shows up there, but nothing is translating into BI.
Dahua IVS and Hik Smart Events are communicated using PullPointSubscriptio, which requires a few extra clicks in BI to enable.
In BI, check these settings (on the camera you're working with):
Camera properties > Video > Network IP Configure... > click "Get events with PullPointSubscription"
Camera properties > Trigger > Sources > click "Camera's digital input or motion alarm"

If you do that, when an IVS rule triggers on a camera it should cause Blue Iris to trigger as well.

Just a heads up about one potentially annoying issue you may run into if you get this all setup. At one point, using PullPointSubscriptions with a Dahua camera caused the camera to enable its regular "Motion Detection" feature, which you're probably NOT going to want enabled if you're using IVS (because it'll likely cause a lot of false positives). So if you notice "Motion Detection" being enabled on the camera when you don't want it, one of the easier workarounds is to configure it so that it never detects anything. i.e. make the area it's looking at small and slide the sensitivity bars high so that nothing triggers it.

On my BI system, I have BI do its own motion detection on most of my cameras (i.e. no motion detection/IVS is configured on those cameras). Two of my cameras do an excellent job themselves detecting motion, so I have them setup to detect motion and BI setup with PullPointSubscriptions to look for that. One of those cameras is the 1831C-PIR (which has a built-in PIR sensor) and the other is a Starlight+ model like in this thread (where the AI piece has been doing a great job of triggering only on cars/people).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@aristobrat
Ha, my thick skulls light bulb just went off this morning that this is what he was missing.
I was too focused on IVS doesn't work. :facepalm:

This cam for me, as you said is doing a very good job at human filtering and using that to trigger BI. My shadow falsing is finally gone at my front door.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua IVS and Hik Smart Events are communicated using PullPointSubscriptio, which requires a few extra clicks in BI to enable.
Camera properties > Video > Network IP Configure... > click "Get events with PullPointSubscription"
Camera properties > Trigger > Sources > click "Camera's digital input or motion alarm"

If you do that, when an IVS rule triggers on a camera it should cause Blue Iris to trigger as well.

Just a heads up about one potentially annoying issue you may run into if you get this all setup. At one point, using PullPointSubscriptions with a Dahua camera caused the camera to enable its regular "Motion Detection" feature, which you're probably NOT going to want enabled if you're using IVS (because it'll likely cause a lot of false positives). So if you notice "Motion Detection" being enabled on the camera when you don't want it, one of the easier workarounds is to configure it so that it never detects anything. i.e. make the area it's looking at small and slide the sensitivity bars high so that nothing triggers it.

On my BI system, I have BI do its own motion detection on most of my cameras (i.e. no motion detection/IVS is configured on those cameras). Two of my cameras do an excellent job themselves detecting motion, so I have them setup to detect motion and BI setup with PullPointSubscriptions to look for that. One of those cameras is the 1831C-PIR (which has a built-in PIR sensor) and the other is a Starlight+ model like in this thread (where the AI piece has been doing a great job of triggering only on cars/people).
Thank you for the detailed response! I'll check this out when I go home tonight.

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@aristobrat
Ha, my thick skulls light bulb just went off this morning that this is what he was missing.
I was too focused on IVS doesn't work. :facepalm:

This cam for me, as you said is doing a very good job at human filtering and using that to trigger BI. My shadow falsing is finally gone at my front door.
No worries, it happens to all of us at one point or another. Sometimes we think that it's something they already know or should no and skip right over it.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The new Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 4mp Starlight+ Turret Fits the PFA139 mount just fine. I don't know why some are saying that its a little bigger, but the holes line up perfectly and the turret holds tight and secure. I've been told that the PFA139 is not compatible--this is untrue. In addition to the PFA130e and PFBW203, the PFA139 mount is compatible as well. Don't waste your money. If you're in the market of upgrading from older models to newer models, retain your PFA137 and PFA139 mounts. ;)

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 48881
View attachment 48883
What's that plugin that you have circled in red? I don't see that in my BI or camera. Or is that from a standalone NVR?

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

That PullPointSubscription was the ticket! Tripwire seems to work ok, though it does seem to miss one if I have multiples at a time and is kinda slow at reacting here and there. I can't get the intrusion box to work, so maybe I'll have to see how BI does for these options. I'm not sure if it's a buggy firmware issue or not. I see others have IVS issues with the new firmware and cam so who knows. But thank you and Looney for pointing me in the right direction!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The new Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 4mp Starlight+ Turret Fits the PFA139 mount just fine. I don't know why some are saying that its a little bigger, but the holes line up perfectly and the turret holds tight and secure. I've been told that the PFA139 is not compatible--this is untrue. In addition to the PFA130e and PFBW203, the PFA139 mount is compatible as well. Don't waste your money. If you're in the market of upgrading from older models to newer models, retain your PFA137 and PFA139 mounts. ;)
Minor correction, the The wall mount is part # PFB203W, Not PFBw203. ;)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What's that plugin that you have circled in red? I don't see that in my BI or camera. Or is that from a standalone NVR?
Sorry, the plugin I'm refering to is the plugin that the camera will want you to install when browsing to the camera with Internet Explorer, NOT edge, Internet explorer. You will see more options with the plugin.

Odd, I have two different cameras using the new firmware and tripwire with either human or auto filtering and is working like a charm with BI.
I've played with intrusion box as well, and it worked.
If you've done a lot of futzing around with the options in the camera, you can get to a point you need to sometimes revert it back to defaults and start over.
But I'm sure there are some remaining bugs to be squished.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That PullPointSubscription was the ticket! Tripwire seems to work ok, though it does seem to miss one if I have multiples at a time and is kinda slow at reacting here and there. I can't get the intrusion box to work, so maybe I'll have to see how BI does for these options. I'm not sure if it's a buggy firmware issue or not. I see others have IVS issues with the new firmware and cam so who knows. But thank you and Looney for pointing me in the right direction!
Double checking, your on this firmware correct?
1571420980320.png

immageek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, the plugin I'm refering to is the plugin that the camera will want you to install when browsing to the camera with Internet Explorer, NOT edge, Internet explorer. You will see more options with the plugin.

Odd, I have two different cameras using the new firmware and tripwire with either human or auto filtering and is working like a charm with BI.
I've played with intrusion box as well, and it worked.
If you've done a lot of futzing around with the options in the camera, you can get to a point you need to sometimes revert it back to defaults and start over.
But I'm sure there are some remaining bugs to be squished.
Interesting, I'm using Pale Moon and that might be why no plugin option has popped up, I'll try that this weekend.

Maybe part of my issue is that I don't have any of the filter options checked for human or cars, I kinda thought if they were checked it would filter them out.

Good point, I could always do that again seeing as the guidance I've received here, I now know how to(ok kinda) get this going again.