Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s ok, you want to adjust for when the motion light kicks on. It will be a bit dark until it does but that’s the trade off

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not really. I have a weak one from Ali, but I'm considering another one, that it is popular on this forum. I believe is this one:
Also I'm considering upgrading the existing one, with more powerful LEDs and LED driver.
have any recs?
Got this one just recently, very good.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Roger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just took delivery of this camera today along with the PFB203W Water-Proof Wall Mount Bracket. Holes on the bracket do not match the camera plate. IS there a different bracket that I should have purchased?
Just looked it up and looks like it should have been the DH-PFB204W instead.
Roger

erensfd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just took delivery of this camera today along with the PFB203W Water-Proof Wall Mount Bracket. Holes on the bracket do not match the camera plate. IS there a different bracket that I should have purchased?
Just looked it up and looks like it should have been the DH-PFB204W instead.
Roger
You need the PFB204W if you want wall mount, or the PFA130-E.

fstop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the reason I’m currently in auto exp for night is because I wanted to stay in forced colour mode, although when selecting the Day/night option in the settings, this is greyed out? it doesn’t seem to switch profiles automatically otherwise (I have seen the custom program to set this, I may look into it more)
I noticed the function greyed out as well, to my dismay. Seems like the engineers thought it doesn't need to be manually set and let the day/night function figure out whether it's better to keep the IR-cut filter in or not. The way to manually force it is change the mode away from day/night.

fstop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do use the Schedule Profile for some cameras, but I generally dislike it for two reasons: daylight hours shift through the year, I have plenty of mornings with heavy fog/rain/cloud cover where the camera should stay in B/W longer.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, there are trade offs either way. Changing schedule 3 times per year takes me 5 minutes.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Alternately, use the Dahua Sunrise/Sunset utility, available here on IPCT, to control the profiles.

Chura

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In opposite to my 2231 cameras, this one has Global setup under its IVS.
While I saw some demonstration how to configure it, I couldn't find what it is used for :)
Also, under rules, there are many options I'm not familiar with that I'm looking for documentation for, like Parking detection for example

Last edited:

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you mount this wall mount to a vertical gang box?
Sorry just hijacking this but what's the difference in mounting this without the wall mount vs with it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If outside it makes a nice weatherproof housing for your lan and power cables coming from the camera. Here in the UK I use this one .

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry just hijacking this but what's the difference in mounting this without the wall mount vs with it?

You have somewhere easy to hide the wires.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If outside it makes a nice weatherproof housing for your lan and power cables coming from the camera. Here in the UK I use this one .
I paid just over £9 each for a couple of Dahua PFA130-e boxes from Aliexpress. Took 19 days including weekends. Also ordered one from Andy at a slightly higher price but not here yet.

freddyq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have somewhere easy to hide the wires.
Ah right, I'm planning to install it in the soffit of my porch with the CAT6 going straight into the camera so was planning for the extra cable to be left in the void above the soffit.

The thing which could cause an issue is the two B5442 bullets I got from Andy have a bunch of other connections sticking out the back so what do people do with those?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
In opposite to my 2231 cameras, this one has Global setup under its IVS.
While I saw some demonstration how to configure it, I couldn't find what it is used for
My guess is that the Calibrate Region is for the software to be able to accurately measure object sizes to help with the accuracy of human and vehicle detection. I can't think of a guess for Anti-Disturb Enable.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah right, I'm planning to install it in the soffit of my porch with the CAT6 going straight into the camera so was planning for the extra cable to be left in the void above the soffit.

The thing which could cause an issue is the two B5442 bullets I got from Andy have a bunch of other connections sticking out the back so what do people do with those?

Tape them up and into the soffit also. Or into the junction box if you get it.