Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have no external light sources. Should I use blc on night mode ? It lights up the whole screen but the faces are washed out some. Thanks.
I think Andy and some forum members are working with Dahua for an updated firmware for the 5442 that will let it auto-adjust IR to help reduce washing out faces.

seanlx

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've got a 2.8 and 3.6mm one of these. Any reason the 3.6 would only work over a few feet of Cat5? The 2.8 works great at about 60' of cable but the 3.6 just won't power up. I've tried a couple different injectors and 2 different POE switches.
Anything I'm missing?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't guess, test. Take it down and try it on a test cable, a known good cable. I always "burn in" a camera for at least a few hours before mounting it just to be sure it doesn't have any problems that need to be addressed prior to installation.

seanlx

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't guess, test. Take it down and try it on a test cable, a known good cable. I always "burn in" a camera for at least a few hours before mounting it just to be sure it doesn't have any problems that need to be addressed prior to installation.
Good advice and why I started on the desk. That's how I know it works over a few feet of Cat5. It's the longer distance that won't work.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Then test on the bench with a known, good, longer cable. Is it possible that you're exceeding the output capabilities of your PoE switch? Have you tried using a separate PoE injector or a 12 volt source instead of PoE?

seanlx

n3wb
Reaction score
Then test on the bench with a known, good, longer cable. Is it possible that you're exceeding the output capabilities of your PoE switch? Have you tried using a separate PoE injector or a 12 volt source instead of PoE?
That is a step I didn't do yet and would be a good test.
" I've tried a couple different injectors and 2 different POE switches. "

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I normally let them run for a few days on the bench just to be safe. I recently mounted one after powering it up an just doing a basic config, IP, frame rates, resolutions and such, but it's mounted down low where I can get to it easily if there were any problems.

seanlx

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised reading the last few posts. When I get a new camera, I always configure it and run it in the house for a few days. I want to know it works right before its actual deployment.
I've been a little surprised too. Apparently my post made more sense in my head and wasn't as clear as I hoped.

I started on my desk to configure and test the 3.6. Worked fine and got it configured but maybe I should have let it run/burn in a little longer. It was when I went to swap it into the working 2.8 location that I started having trouble. It made it back to the desk to confirm things and troubleshoot. That's when I tried again with a few different power options for the longer run but had no luck.

Still within the return window so I think it's time to try a different camera.
I appreciate the help and replies.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
newbie question; Can this camera be connected to an Hikvision 7604ni-k1 nvr? Or does it need to be an Hikvision cam instead, e.g. IPC-T2347G. Does any one has this combination running?
i do like this Dahua more then the IPC-T2347G, mainly because of its smaller size.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe the official model is IPC-HDW5442TM-AS the link is below is appears to be EOL as the newer Wizmind is the IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE. Hope that helps.

IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE is showing a lux of 0.002 but the IPC-T5442TM from @EMPIRETECANDY is giving a 0.0016 lux, but aren't those the same camera's? from where this difference?

matchewready

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.