Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Loryata = Dahua International version with, maybe, a modified model number to keep them separate.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
newbie question; Can this camera be connected to an Hikvision 7604ni-k1 nvr? Or does it need to be an Hikvision cam instead, e.g. IPC-T2347G. Does any one has this combination running?
i do like this Dahua more then the IPC-T2347G, mainly because of its smaller size.
When the camera brand doesn't match the NVR brand (i.e. Hik NVR + Dahua camera), basic ONVIF functions should work (like recording, changing camera settings, etc), but advanced camera features usually don't work. For example, Dahua cameras have a feature called IVS which is a much better version of motion detection, similar to Hikvision's Smart Events. I'd be surprised if that feature worked with a Hik NVR.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
When the camera brand doesn't match the NVR brand (i.e. Hik NVR + Dahua camera), basic ONVIF functions should work (like recording, changing camera settings, etc), but advanced camera features usually don't work. For example, Dahua cameras have a feature called IVS which is a much better version of motion detection, similar to Hikvision's Smart Events. I'd be surprised if that feature worked with a Hik NVR.
I ordered a Dahua camera and own a hikvision NVR, so let’s try it ;)

Reaction score
Finally bit on one of these for my back door view. Going to try with the PFB204W mounting bracket this time, hope to place it a little lower and get more flexibility in the mounting position.

Camera and mount arrived from Amazon today. Thank you @EMPIRETECANDY for providing this 'local' supply of your most popular cameras! :D Wife asked about the mount and was pleased with the look when I explained it. If it weren't for the ridiculous rainy weather right now, I'd be installing it tomorrow. Told her the old camera beneath the security lights (really placed too high) was coming down and this one was going to be placed lower for a better view. Surprisingly, she didn't flinch. o_O

Last edited:

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's interesting.
Has somebody tested back compability I mean Dahua NVR and Hik ColorVu camera?
I'm considering Hik ds-2347g2-lu colorvu 2.0 as alternative of Dahua IPC-T5442TM-as
What stops me that IVS will not work with Hik camera.

Martinvdm

n3wb
Reaction score
It's interesting.
Has somebody tested back compability I mean Dahua NVR and Hik ColorVu camera?
I'm considering Hik ds-2347g2-lu colorvu 2.0 as alternative of Dahua IPC-T5442TM-as
What stops me that IVS will not work with Hik camera.
Why? The Dahua is low light also. You should be able to connect it as ONVIF camera. Don’t know if all functions are working.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why? The Dahua is low light also. You should be able to connect it as ONVIF camera. Don’t know if all functions are working.
IMHO 5442 is being produced more than one year.
I have got 5442 and I like it but I want to try something new.
I'd buy the HFW5442TP-ASE-NI but unfortunatelly it doesn't have neither IR nor LED.
Does anybody knows about Dahua plans producing new models in 2021 ?

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack, but does anyone else get dropped frames with the IPC-T5442TM-AS @ 30 fps? I'm running the settings below with latest firmware. Even during the day with bright light I see the video jump and skip a few frames on every clip.

cap1.PNG

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using Intel for hardware acceleration? I use H265 exclusively and have never had a problem like that, but I am using an Nvidia graphics card. From what I've seen, Intel is having problems with H265 in newer processor and/or divers.

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using Intel for hardware acceleration? I use H265 exclusively and have never had a problem like that, but I am using an Nvidia graphics card. From what I've seen, Intel is having problems with H265 in newer processor and/or divers.
Yes, I have it enabled. The machine has a clean Win 10 install with nothing running other than BI and the AI TOOL.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
As an experiment, switch one camera to H264 and see what happens. As a side not 15FPS is fine for video surveillance and takes a lot less disk space.

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agreed - some of my cams just didn't like H265 or BI didn't like it. I have some on H265 and some on H264 - whichever one was more stable was the one I went with.

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gunit00

n3wb
Reaction score
Can any recommend a compatible 4 or 8 channel NVR?

Last edited: