Review-OEM Loryta IPC-T5442T-ZE Varifocal 4mp camera (Dahua)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you show us an image with the lens curvature? I have many of the fixed bullets and a number of the VF bullet and none are experiencing this...

hnt

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah turrets, especially if the horizon is in the top 25% or so of the image, I have no idea why. I've not had the issue with bullets.
Exactly that, horizon is in like 1/4 of the image from the top and zoom was set to about 2.9mm.
I have currently zommed the cam to 3.8mm and curvature is smaller, but it's still visible.

And yeah, I know the cam is not installed straight - I'm currently playing around with it.

Attachments

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just a characteristic of the lens they're using? Curvature isn't unusual on very wide eye lenses and looking at your picture, I'm not sure it's just the top 1/4. The wall just above 1/2 way up also looks curved and the heating vent bottom left isn't vertical. Could be lens distortion. Are you sure Dahua haven't swapped out their choice of lens on the 2.7's? Could be one of those cost saving moves.

hnt

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just a characteristic of the lens they're using? Curvature isn't unusual on very wide eye lenses and looking at your picture, I'm not sure it's just the top 1/4. The wall just above 1/2 way up also looks curved and the heating vent bottom left isn't vertical. Could be lens distortion. Are you sure Dahua haven't swapped out their choice of lens on the 2.7's? Could be one of those cost saving moves.
I just wondered if it's possible to get rid of that effect like in the fixed lens model.
I guess it's the lens characteristic, but I don't know - I have no experience with IP cams.
You say previous 5442 batches had not this effect?
BTW, bottom left vent is like this actually ;)

The Black Option for this cam is now available here: Black version

View attachment 75530
No Loryta anymore I see? :)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just wondered if it's possible to get rid of that effect like in the fixed lens model.
I guess it's the lens characteristic, but I don't know - I have no experience with IP cams.

It's all the same. Me myself and I, would not sweat the lens effect, you're not making a Hollywood movie.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

Software can correct distortions. Whether it's possible live I wouldn't know, it's a lot of processing.

I personally think the Empire Tech branding comes across better than Lortya to Western audiences as it sounds like a more mainstream supplier / branding.

It's all the same. Me myself and I, would not sweat the lens effect, you're not making a Hollywood movie.
This. I'd worry more about the clarity of the picture for identification.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Software can correct distortions. Whether it's possible live I wouldn't know as it's a lot of processing.

I personally think the Empire Tech branding comes across better than Lortya to Western audiences as it sounds like a more mainstream supplier / branding.

This. I'd worry more about the clarity of the picture for identification.
Aha, EmpireTech is a US registered brand, we cost 3 years get it, Loryta is easy to register, so we use loryta firstly, future all will move to EmpireTech as selling brand.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Andy, I finally have a warmer feeling about this latest version. How about posting it so we can all have a dabble if we so wish.
Thanks David, hope you love the Smart IR now for IPC-T5442T-ZE, but we will wait @looney2ns and @Wildcat_1 further testing.
From my testing and another US client's testing, it's working good now.

aem9999

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the camera works properly with Synology Surveillance Station?
I am using it with Synology Surveillance Station. I have it configured as Generic Dahua. I don't use IVS, but options for it do show up under Event Detection.