Review-OEM Loryta IPC-T5442T-ZE Varifocal 4mp camera (Dahua)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or is it Near and Far IR at different levels? I am not sure if that option is available in this camera, but it could do that if near is 10 and far is 90 for example depending on how it is setup.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am starting to think the right IR is completely dead and what I am seeing is the IR bleeding over from the left side.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, I asked if it had a near and far IR setting but I guess my post was missed...

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or is it Near and Far IR at different levels? I am not sure if that option is available in this camera, but it could do that if near is 10 and far is 90 for example depending on how it is setup.
Normal. Ones for close, others for distance. Not defective.
Makes sense since the camera is a Varifocal

Thanks
Mike

R7r7

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to get ONVIF triggers to be recognized in my NVR but they aren't which tells me the firmware is not supporting Profile T (if I have understood this correctly)

anyone else have this

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the NVR a dahua or dahua made? If not, it may not work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just because they support ONVIF triggers does not mean every aspect of a particular camera will work.

R7r7

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah good point, Im trying BI now and some other Linux based options to see if it makes a difference

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let's put aside the cameras for one moment and just talk about the NVR. I'm able to log into the box okay. One of the cameras is working and we know the password for it. However, we are still not able to get it to work with the box. Where exactly are we going wrong? It might be the case that I can keep hold of the box and just by a couple of much better quality Hik vision cameras.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah good point, Im trying BI now and some other Linux based options to see if it makes a difference
BI can detect the Dahua IVS/Hik Smart Events, which are the better versions of motion detection those brands add to most of their cameras. For those features to work on a NVR, the NVR needs to be the same brand as the camera.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just bought one of these in black, install coming up in a week. I was not really pleased that installing under eave was unrealistic due to attic access in corner restraint. I decided that it will be mounted about 14’ up as I can route cable through garage down into crawl space and into network closet. Eager to put the camera through its paces but my main concern is image issues because of my neighbors lights. I am curious as to what those of you using this camera have experienced with this amount of light. I was hoping that the night color on this camera would alleviate IR image issues.

07897C84-44FF-495A-B4EF-B2AFA4E779A1.jpeg

x marks where camera will be mounted

39FB381E-6315-451A-B337-D8B1BB9EE203.jpeg

View from window above where I want to mount facing neighbor.

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Just bought one of these in black, install coming up in a week. I was not really pleased that installing under eave was unrealistic due to attic access in corner restraint. I decided that it will be mounted about 14’ up as I can route cable through garage down into crawl space and into network closet. Eager to put the camera through its paces but my main concern is image issues because of my neighbors lights. I am curious as to what those of you using this camera have experienced with this amount of light. I was hoping that the night color on this camera would alleviate IR image issues.

View attachment 84011
x marks where camera will be mounted
View attachment 84012
View from window above where I want to mount facing neighbor.
View attachment 84012

View attachment 84011
14 feet up is way to high

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@gnuB - If this is an overview cam to see what is going on but not identify, then the location is ok. But if you want to be able to IDENTIFY people, then it needs to be lower or you will get lots of top of hoodies and heads.

And being above your light fixture may also cause blinding looking down over it.

I have 33,000 lumen radiating off the front of my house. Most would think that is a lot.

It is not enough light to stay in color for my 5442-ZE for an image without blur and ghosting at the end of my driveway 50 feet away. I have to run a way slower shutter (1/40) than I would like and a higher gain (77) to make it work if I want it in color. And I have to force it into color as well as that is not enough light for the camera to automatically stay in color. I do not have streetlights and the guy across the street doesn't turn his lights on so it is dark.

You may actually benefit from your neighbors bright lights across the street providing enough light to keep the camera in color. Once you take the camera off auto shutter and make it 1/120 or 1/60 then it will knock that brightness off.

Test it during the day and at night above and below your light fixtures. And have someone walking around and see if you can ID them.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@gnuB - If this is an overview cam to see what is going on but not identify, then the location is ok. But if you want to be able to IDENTIFY people, then it needs to be lower or you will get lots of top of hoodies and heads.

And being above your light fixture may also cause blinding looking down over it.

I have 33,000 lumen radiating off the front of my house. Most would think that is a lot.

It is not enough light to stay in color for my 5442-ZE for an image without blur and ghosting at the end of my driveway 50 feet away. I have to run a way slower shutter (1/40) than I would like and a higher gain (77) to make it work if I want it in color. And I have to force it into color as well as that is not enough light for the camera to automatically stay in color. I do not have streetlights and the guy across the street doesn't turn his lights on so it is dark.

You may actually benefit from your neighbors bright lights across the street providing enough light to keep the camera in color. Once you take the camera off auto shutter and make it 1/120 or 1/60 then it will knock that brightness off.

Test it during the day and at night above and below your light fixtures. And have someone walking around and see if you can ID them.

This is my conundrum. Because of the way my garage extends out further than my front porch I’m not sure how I’d be able to capture my driveway and walkway if I installed the camera more towards the middle of the garage (keystone). I was thinking until I can come up with a plan mounting it where I mentioned.

Since I do not have any cable run anywhere close to that part of the house currently I just grabbed my iPhone (12 Pro Max) and took a couple pictures of the area to get a rough idea with lights off/no flash.

IMG_3716.jpg

Just above lamp.

IMG_3715.jpg

Right below lamp.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I appreciate that we all have to start somewhere and make do with what we have (I have been there and have expanded over the years! and most here have too), but realistically you will need more than one camera if you want to cover both areas. The biggest mistake people make is trying to have one camera do too much. And sometimes we cannot mount them in the most ideal location for ID purposes, but we should try. Could you go just below or above the light (depending on where the test shows less issue with the light) and run cable into garage and up to where it goes?

You have to focus on covering one area really well and not try to have one camera cover too much and then miss the perp when one comes door checking. You want the camera to ID them not just simply see that something happened.

Is your car always on the driveway? If so, you will need two cameras - one on either side of the garage criss-crossing to get them regardless of which door they check.

Want to cover the walkway heading to the front door - that is another camera focused just on that.

Now realistically, the chances are high that someone will walk up the driveway going to the sidewalk, so you have them covered. But even with just one camera, that will not pick up someone coming from your neighbors house on the left and walking across the grass to your front door, so you need one near your front door to capture that area.

It would be good for you to take a Google Map and walk around your property and decide where you want coverage and then map out how to get cameras to provide that coverage.

Now you will benefit by your neighbors having those lights on. I wish mine did! And you will probably want your lights on as well!

Last edited:

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I appreciate that we all have to start somewhere and make do with what we have (I have been there and have expanded over the years! and most here have too), but realistically you will need more than one camera if you want to cover both areas. The biggest mistake people make is trying to have one camera do too much.

You have to focus on covering one area really well and not try to have one camera cover too much and then miss the perp when one comes door checking. You want the camera to ID them not just simply see that something happened.

Is your car always on the driveway? If so, you will need two cameras - one on either side of the garage criss-crossing to get them regardless of which door they check.

Want to cover the walkway heading to the front door - that is another camera focused just on that.

Now realistically, the chances are high that someone will walk up the driveway going to the sidewalk, so you have them covered. But even with just one camera, that will not pick up someone coming from your neighbors house on the left and walking across the grass to your front door, so you need one near your front door to capture that area.

It would be good for you to take a Google Map and walk around your property and decide where you want coverage and then map out how to get cameras to provide that coverage.

Now you will benefit by your neighbors having those lights on. I wish mine did!

Below are my intentions, this is just the first camera I’m installing. I opted for the varifocal variant because I wanted to mount it so high for this area. I have one of the Hikvision db cams (Nelly’s flavor) so I can technically see anything coming up my porch. I don’t want to get off topic in a review thread but I appreciate all feedback.

IMG_3717.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok that starts to make more sense! Still consider lowering it as best you can - if the higher height is because you are shooting out farther so that it is more of a level shot at distance, that is ok, but make sure that is the right height for what you are looking for. Someone posted recently a good graphic showing this; I need to find it.

But yeah, your neighbors lights will benefit the camera more than hurt it once you take it off auto shutter and settings.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok that starts to make more sense! Still consider lowering it as best you can - if the higher height is because you are shooting out farther so that it is more of a level shot at distance, that is ok, but make sure that is the right height for what you are looking for. Someone posted recently a good graphic showing this; I need to find it.

But yeah, your neighbors lights will benefit the camera more than hurt it once you take it off auto shutter and settings.

I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully I’ll be able to find the sweet spot with driveway lamps on since they are set to be on from dusk to dawn.