Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great resource!

The question that remains for me is about the auto/scheduled switches. How do I configure those? ex. day/night. The UI is extremely confusing to that end. How can I set specific values for night mode and then day mode?
Choose the drop down for day, make the settings you need. Save, then select night and make those settings.

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Choose the drop down for day, make the settings you need. Save, then select night and make those settings.
From what I understand the turn on LED light option is only available in firmware v5.6.2. Hikvision just recently released v5.6.6 - does anyone know if that version has the LED light option enabled? Don't want to upgrade the firmware if I can't use the LED light option. Just bought a new 6mm 2347-G1 camera and would like have have that LED light option.

Cheers

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
This is what I have:

It isn't clear at all what common means, and the time brackets also don't seem very intuitive, is that for day period? night?

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW another issue: the same settings that work for my Dahua cams with SMTP... they aren't functioning in this one. I will come back later with more information.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

We have some of the ipc-t2347g-lu refurbished in US, sell it as 55usd, has 2.8mm, 4mm, 6mm stocks in.
If your address near PA can do free shipping, if not, will charge shipping cost.
They are in bit good condition.

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I can confirm that the camera has issues with connecting out to the mail server. It isn't a firewall problem. The camera itself is doing the TCP handshake and something is off, length is 0 always, then it dies out with no actual data transferred. Same VLAN with Dahua cams, they all work fine. Nothing is special in the firewall configuration (pfsense) for the affected cam. I allow ICMP and that works fine too. The same rules are used for all the cameras in the CCTV VLAN.

Did Hikvision provide an updated firmware with the alarm LED trigger feature supported? I could test that.

Treatwise

n3wb
Reaction score
I also agree the price is much higher than the 5442. It would be nice to have a "Andy" that supplied Hikvisions at a reduced rate like Andy does. In the end I've only used Hikvisions and plan on sticking with them. I will use one of my suppliers from China when they are out of quarantine and get a substantial discount when purchasing the DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS compared to B&H or another online retailer. I might even consider purchasing the 5442 at $229 and compare it to the DS-2CD5A46G0-IZHS.
How have you found the 2CD5A46G0 after a couple years? Did you ever compare it against the 5442?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How have you found the 2CD5A46G0 after a couple years? Did you ever compare it against the 5442?
I'm loving the 2CD5A46G0 still. The quality of the night video is amazing especially in pure darkness. I have not purchased a 5442 so I can't really compare the two

Treatwise

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm loving the 2CD5A46G0 still. The quality of the night video is amazing especially in pure darkness. I have not purchased a 5442 so I can't really compare the two
Thanks - I PM'd you a question if that's ok?