Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It stays on for a set time, default 30 seconds.
I may have missed it, where do you change the default time?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, that I have enabled. So is "Threshold" on that screen meant to be how many seconds the light remains on?

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, apparently. I tried different times to verify. I use it with 'intrusion detection' but had issues with it going off and not retriggering after the threshold so I made it 60 seconds to allow enough time for us to get from the car to the house. It definitely does help with night recordings, big time.

Yeah, sorry, that I have enabled. So is "Threshold" on that screen meant to be how many seconds the light remains on?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe that's why mine was flashing...lol...had it set to 1 as I couldn't quite figure out what it did, then just left it alone!

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had uploaded this firmware a little while back and the motion sensing to turn on LED was working fine back then.

1604754788207.png

However, I decided to leave the LED off as I was getting adequate view without it.

This evening, I went to have a bit of a play and tried to turn on the LED and after clicking on Auto, the Timing radio button seems to have become disabled. Any idea what's happened ?

1604754620736.png

Last edited:

eckhart

n3wb
Reaction score
I had uploaded this firmware a little while back and the motion sensing to turn on LED was working fine back then.

View attachment 74356

However, I decided to leave the LED off as I was getting adequate view without it.

This evening, I went to have a bit of a play and tried to turn on the LED and after clicking on Auto, the Timing radio button seems to have become disabled. Any idea what's happened ?

View attachment 74355
The Timing button is not necessary with AUTO checked. Per page 52 of the manual, "Auto: The LED will be turned on according to the environment illumination."

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Timing button is not necessary with AUTO checked. Per page 52 of the manual, "Auto: The LED will be turned on according to the environment illumination."
That's just for the brightness level - not the timing.

The 'Timing' radio button is associated with the event-driven LED configuration and only used when 'Triggered by event' is available.
Perhaps your specific firmware version doesn't have this capability.
What version is running?
This is the V7.3 build 190626 that has that capability :

1604849730249.png

eckhart

n3wb
Reaction score
That's just for the brightness level - not the timing.

The 'Timing' radio button is associated with the event-driven LED configuration and only used when 'Triggered by event' is available.
Perhaps your specific firmware version doesn't have this capability.
What version is running?
This is the V7.3 build 190626 that has that capability :

View attachment 74429
The AUTO and MANUAL buttons he is showing in his post are for the timing (LED ON). There are separate AUTO and MANUAL buttons for brightness (LED brightness adjustment).

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems like your missing 'trigger by event' option. Might need a newer firmware

View attachment 74356

View attachment 74355

jimbo123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like your missing 'trigger by event' option. Might need a newer firmware
Odd thing is that it was there before I clicked Auto. Pretty sure that a schedule was also there when Timing was selected. The Timing radio button is now greyed out and unclickable, which was unexpected.

HomieTheClown

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I noticed someone asking about connecting dc power to the Color Vu camera mentioned in this thread but he didn't get a response. I was curious as well. I have a Reolink system that I just bought and am looking to return it (TY amazon return policy) and possibly get something better. So I was wondering if these cameras need an extra power source or can they receive power over the Ethernet? Also Can anyone recommend a NVR to hook these up to. I have a computer I can use lying around that I could use BI with but it has an AMD processor which I here is terrible for this kind of operation.

LJR_2019

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using POE with this camera, yes. Also, it's up to you, but I just use the sd card on the video camera as the 'NVR', set on the highest quality. Then I have a PC with BI that monitors it as well. My PC is running an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3Ghz with 32gb ram, and also an AMD RX 590 video card. So, no Nvidia bonus either. With 5 cameras, it runs great though.

I noticed someone asking about connecting dc power to the Color Vu camera mentioned in this thread but he didn't get a response. I was curious as well. I have a Reolink system that I just bought and am looking to return it (TY amazon return policy) and possibly get something better. So I was wondering if these cameras need an extra power source or can they receive power over the Ethernet? Also Can anyone recommend a NVR to hook these up to. I have a computer I can use lying around that I could use BI with but it has an AMD processor which I here is terrible for this kind of operation.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I was on older FW for this cam and couldn't figure how to enable/disable the white LED with motion, so i had BI do it.
With a little packet capture of the GUI enabling/disabling the LED, I came up with a curl command to do so and added that as a command to run when the camera alerts and resets.

for posterity, the curl command to enable the LED is :

Code:
curl -X PUT -d "<ExternalDevice><SupplementLight><enabled>true</enabled></SupplementLight></ExternalDevice>" http://192.168.0.64/ISAPI/System/externalDevice -H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8" --digest -u admin:<PASSWORD>
(replace 'true' with 'false' to disable it when reset)

Works OK, but then I found this thread and updated the firmware. Even tho I now see the 'triggered by event' option in the System/ExternalDevice page (and'flashing Alarm' is now available as a linkage method) , i can't get the LEDs' to come on with motion.

Is 'motion' not an event in the HIk universe? IE, does it only work with the 'Smart Events'?

TIA.

hik version.PNGled control.PNGmotion.PNGlinkage.PNG

edit: i'm a maroon. it helps to actually check the 'enable' box. nevermind...

enable.PNG

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
see my screen shots above. the 'thresholds' parameter seems to control how long the light stays on after being triggered.

letting the cam trigger the light mostly works, but i've found i can get less delay and better control using BI to control the lights via curl, as i explained above as well.

Reactions: dsa

robertbus

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to post my question here instead of to make a new forum question. Lot of noise/blurry image with DS-2CD2347G-LU 4MP. Need advise.
See video for what I mean.
Can someone explain how this is possible or is this just because there is too little light in the area? You see a lot of noise / blur on the street and around the white bus. License plate itself is very difficult to see. What can I do about it? I would like your help and advice on what this could possibly be. Shutterspeed is 1/500. WDR is OFF and 25FPS. Camera is 6mm

Attachments

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to post my question here instead of to make a new forum question. Lot of noise/blurry image with DS-2CD2347G-LU 4MP. Need advise.
See video for what I mean.
Can someone explain how this is possible or is this just because there is too little light in the area? You see a lot of noise / blur on the street and around the white bus. License plate itself is very difficult to see. What can I do about it? I would like your help and advice on what this could possibly be. Shutterspeed is 1/500. WDR is OFF and 25FPS. Camera is 6mm
For a 9pm shot everything looks good to me. If your trying to read license plates with this camera it's going to be very difficult. This camera is not intended to be used as a LPR.