Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
ds-2DE4A425IW-DE Just check hikvision's 4mp 25x ptz price, They sell at 500usd+, the price i sell just a trail selling price to collect some feedback about this ptz. Will have some feedback soon, because we already sold all 10 stocks, if looney's testing sample has hardware issue, later will replace him a good one. Because his sample was really the 1st one in the world.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thank You! @samplenhold . New problem now as it shows the PFA101 mounting adapter as not having a 124mm bolt circle that the Spec sheet says is required. Seems like the pre=production spec sheet may be incorrect which would not be uncommon for Dahua. Am I missing something? This is getting to be more complicated than it should be.

@EMPIRETECANDY - Can you post an updated spec sheet for this camera? Or, maybe provide what mounts WILL work with this camera?
Tomorrow i will check the mounts, this mini dome PTZ camera i think the best installation place still be the soffit/indoor, dome one if reach too much rain not really easy get good videos when rain drop stay on it. It will have IR reflection. For dry condition it's bit good.
1670769517088.png
The standard SD49425XB-HNR's design is better than the dome for opening outdoor using.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tomorrow i will check the mounts, this mini dome PTZ camera i think the best installation place still be the soffit/indoor, dome one if reach too much rain not really easy get good videos when rain drop stay on it. It will have IR reflection. For dry condition it's bit good.
View attachment 147890
The standard SD49425XB-HNR's design is better than the dome for opening outdoor using.
Very much appreciate that, Andy.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Haven't received a tracking # yet, but I imagine one of those is on the way to me. I have a soffit above my garage door that I'll be putting this on. Pretty well protected, unless we get one of those side way rains. Also, it will be going up against a northern wind, so we'll see how it does in winter conditions.

Hopefully works out for me in this spot. Hate to relegate it to an indoor garage/basement camera when something much cheaper would work just as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't received a tracking # yet, but I imagine one of those is on the way to me. I have a soffit above my garage door that I'll be putting this on. Pretty well protected, unless we get one of those side way rains. Also, it will be going up against a northern wind, so we'll see how it does in winter conditions.

Hopefully works out for me in this spot. Hate to relegate it to an indoor garage/basement camera when something much cheaper would work just as well.
That's a big garage or basement if you need 25x zoom LOL

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's a big garage or basement if you need 25x zoom LOL
Nope, don't need that at all for those places. Just thinking of somewhere else to put it if the exterior garage doesn't work out.
Actually, I would probably put it under my front porch overhang, if the exterior garage overhang doesn't work.

The porch overhang is a bit more protected from the elements. But, we shall see. I don't mind needing to clean the dome every once in a while. I already have to clean the lens on my other PTZ due to rain spots, etc..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is out of stock on Amazon and Aliexpress.

Reaction score
Thanks, Andy. Unfortunately, the PFA-101 mount adapter according to the spec sheet does not have a 124mm (4.88") mounting circle as is shown on the camera's spec sheet. There must be additional mounting options on the camera base plate if it is compatible with the PFA-101. It would be a huge help to get a truely accurate spec sheet for the camera. Maybe when more camera's come in, this could be verified.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
@looney2ns Thanks for the great review as always..

I have had the mini for a while and don't seem to have the same issues as you noted, mine are a little different..
The focus issues on this cam looks ok to me and with the FW update I was able to get the edge (SD) recording to work as normal.

Web 5.0 - agree it sucks but everything is going that way...

I was very impressed that there was no IR glare from the dome, I think they tried to resolve this by having the sides of the dome blacked out to cut down on the reflection.
If anyone has ever used a dome then they know how much of a glare there is, so this is a welcomed plus.

The Autotracking seems to be pretty good and the Face detection worked well also, but not on the global setting for FD. The only global that I have ever seen work is on my SDC260PA1-HFN - PTZ ( It can have IVS set for tripwires and still pull metadata like a champ)

My issues stems from the Max elevation angle setting - (why they think this need to be a setting...??? Don't know.)
There seems to be a bug in the FW as to how high the camera can look up. You can change the default to -5° and enable or disable this settings but it seems to get stuck, and will not fully tilt up.

When I got this cam, I said there is no way this is going to work because when you zoom in it points to the ground. I played around with it foe a while and was able to get the tilt to go up as normal. After trying to replicate the issue for Andy and Dahua I could not... So I thought this was no longer a issue until tonight. It got stuck again. (and took several hours to get it to tilt up where it shood)
It looks like a simple FW fix to eliminate the issue, but it is very frustrating.

This mini is very promising and will be a hot seller with a few tweeks.
I will pull some video soon to see if your issues are from a faulty cam or just some FW bugs..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking forward to any additional video clips from anyone that got this camera!

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine is on the way, might be in the air from Hong Kong as we speak. Outside chance of it being here on Friday, most likely Monday due to the weather etc..
Now, bad part of it coming possibly next week, we're getting artic air pushing in. Not looking forward to putting a camera up in freezing weather.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone have any footage of the camera itself as it pans and tilts? I'm curious as to how much noise it makes and if the direction that the lens is pointing can be made out clearly.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any footage of the camera itself as it pans and tilts? I'm curious as to how much noise it makes and if the direction that the lens is pointing can be made out clearly.
Unless it is moving very quickly, it is virtually silent.
During the day, you really have to look hard to make out where it is pointing. Most folks won't see it.
At night, you can tell because the IR lights are visible. Most folks may not get the correlation.
When it stops raining, I'll try to get some audio and video of it moving.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is close up of the cam with no audio, as looney said above is correct.
I like how you can see through the black dome with IR..
Thanks so much! Yeah, that's more subtle than an undomed PTZ.

In my setup, not sure how often I'd use the IR as I'm in the process of installing external illuminators.

Awesome camera. Going to wait for some more reviews to see how it pans out [pun intended].

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Could you mount this unit directly on a wall vertically without the wall mount arm (that effectively turns it into a regular "horizontal" mount)? Obviously your field of view would be limited to 180 degrees instead of the normal 360 degrees, but does the camera itself have enough movement range that it could effectively cover the area when mounted vertically on the wall?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
IR inside the dome? So there a seal between len and the IR lights? I am surprised the IR light doesn't reflect off the dome back into the len.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IR inside the dome? So there a seal between len and the IR lights? I am surprised the IR light doesn't reflect off the dome back into the len.
Almost every dome with IR is inside the dome.

What happens is the seal/gasket rolls or shrinks when someone is taking the dome off/on and that is what causes the IR bleed from within the dome.