Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY this looks smoother and better tracking than the big AI tracking ptz i purchased a while ago from you. Is there an update coming for the big AI tracking ptz you sell?
I'll definitely grab one of these mini ptz soon.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy, how come your store don't have Dahua SD5A825-GANR and the SD5A825GA-HNR for sell?
They seems to be interesting models too.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just an update on this camera from my point of view.
This camera has done wonderfully in the midwest winter. Handled -50f, winds, rain, sleet, snow, etc... all like a champ.

This ptz also tracks MUCH better than my 49225. The mini has newer algorithms, and I'm not sure what else, but the tracking is incredible.
The only two down sides for me, is the 1/2.8 4mp lens at night. The 2mp lens on the 49225 shows a better picture at night with little to no lighting. However, being that I have my mini over my driveway, the picture at night is still great.
The other is the dome can develop spots from sideways rain/snow/sleet. Hence, position this baby either in a area protected from the elements, or at least able to easily get to for cleaning.

The smaller fixture is also a definite bonus for me. While it's easy to see, if you're looking for cameras, the majority of people just aren't going to see the camera.

Overall, a great ptz, for the right conditions. As I mentioned in a earlier post, I'll most likely purchase another one this spring for porch coverage.

Reaction score
The smaller fixture is also a definite bonus for me. While it's easy to see, if you're looking for cameras, the majority of people just aren't going to see the camera.
If it is not too much trouble, could you post a picture of the install over your garage? Like maybe a shot from the street?

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, got a break in the weather. 2 Pictures. One from the driveway, one from the street.

This is only a temporary installation. I wasn't entirely sure this is the final spot I wanted it, and it was too cold to do a final installation. Ignore the wire working, etc.. lol

Attachments

Reaction score
Ok, got a break in the weather. 2 Pictures. One from the driveway, one from the street.
Thanks! I got bit by the mini-ptz bug and am trying to figure out just how to deploy one. One option is just as you have done. But I am concerned about a 4MP on the 1/2.8" sensor at night. If I can't keep it in color, then I really can't justify that puppie.

If you get another chance, post a night time capture?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! I got bit by the mini-ptz bug and am trying to figure out just how to deploy one. One option is just as you have done. But I am concerned about a 4MP on the 1/2.8" sensor at night. If I can't keep it in color, then I really can't justify that puppie.

If you get another chance, post a night time capture?
I would like to think you have enough light....me not so much LOL.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This MINI PTZ sold around 40 since Dec, has bit good feedback on its working. I will get more mounts to amazon,then guys can do easy selection on installing ways.