Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I started tweaking my new
It may be dead pixels, but could also be the new firmware getting a little aggressive trying to make a visible image and a few pixels went rogue. We saw this with the 4K/X when it first came out in lower light conditions.

It would be interesting to try it with light on in the day and do like an all green background and see if these spots are white or green. That would let you know if they are dead or not.
I will give it a try tomorrow

Perplexed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had something weird happen with mine today. The presets all rotated their horizontal position about 45 degrees the same direction, the vertical axis was unchanged. Got everything reset and will see if it happens again. Really strange.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had something weird happen with mine today. The presets all rotated their horizontal position about 45 degrees the same direction, the vertical axis was unchanged. Got everything reset and will see if it happens again. Really strange.
i have this behaviour like 2-3 times a week,.. after reset everything is normal.

really annoying

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine hadn't done this in a while, but did it again the other day. No clue what causes it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 That white dot happens on most cams if at deep dark places, this is a normal thing on the cams, Not really a dead pixel, you can check it at the daytime.
That white dot we explain before on the 4K-T cams, actually it can be found on all cams when enlarge the pics with digital zoom at dark place, i will check the explian from dahua before.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 That white dot happens on most cams if at deep dark places, this is a normal thing on the cams, Not really a dead pixel, you can check it at the daytime.
That white dot we explain before on the 4K-T cams, actually it can be found on all cams when enlarge the pics with digital zoom at dark place, i will check the explian from dahua before.
Andy,

I tested with an all green background and no more dead pixels.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where did you get the firmware from?
dahua international website

but remember.. dont update if you have no problems.

i have a few mini ptz, all have the problem. i updated one because its not only annoying.. i will lose all footage if its turned to the wall.

i will look if the problem is gone, then update the other ones

TuckNTruck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The specs for this camera advertise a tilt range of -5° to +90° but it seems to actually be 0° to 90°. Am I the only one not getting the -5°?