REVIEW: Tiandy VS Hikvision !

Reaction score

-> removed the link, going to make new screenshots <-

Last edited by a moderator:

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That must be very low bitrate settings ? Very extreme compression I think !!

Reaction score
2mp's are on 2mbit, 4mp on 6mbit...
Why do you think they are on low bandwitdh, because of the static noise in the pictures?
In my first post you will find that DNR is turned off...

You can make any camera look good with high DNR settings...but to reveal the true performance, you have to turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so that's a kind of torture testing? :)
I do know that trees and grass are way too much detail for JPEG compression too. Using digital cameras since 1999 here :) I'm on my way to buy two IP cameras...love this forum.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for your comparison. Interesting that same bitrate makes the Tiandy look so bad!

Reaction score
I have to admit that they produce more static noise, but if you zoom in you will notice that Tiandy has much more detailed pictures. ( Both day and night )

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to admit that they produce more static noise, but if you zoom in you will notice that Tiandy has much more detailed pictures. ( Both day and night )
The Tiandy images are horrible. Cameras should be tested using settings that achieve the best possible image for the camera and the location its in.
Testing a 1.3mp camera against 3/4mp cameras is misleading as low res cameras will produce a better night image than higher res. Despite this advantage the Tiandy night images are horrible as well.

Reaction score
You are right, a lower resolution cam will produce a better image then a higher one...

But i don't understand why you think these images are horrible.. the Tiandy's are much more brighter and detailled...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are right, a lower resolution cam will produce a better image then a higher one...

But i don't understand why you think these images are horrible.. the Tiandy's are much more brighter and detailled...
Look at it, looks terrible to me.