RF interference from IP POE

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So that's a good find. If you are using the traditional old "rabbit ears" style dipole antenna, it won't perform well on UHF, but obviously is doing well on VHF-HI as it was intended.
4.1 and 5.1 are just to carry the old station branding as those channels have actually been re-assigned to UHF. Actual frequencies differ from market to market.
Agree you would do well to replace that amplified antenna. Although if there actually is in band interference being generated by the nvr at or around 200Mhz, there is no guarantee the better antenna won't pick it up as well.
Maybe even better. Worth a shot.

Olie

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like Walmart carries the GE pro attic antenna it will be an easy return if it does pickup the interference.

Fingers crossed, I'll pay 35$ bucks to put this issue to bed regardless if it's the NVR spitting out the interference.

I'll update the group tomorrow after I through it up in the attic.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Walmart carries the GE pro attic antenna it will be an easy return if it does pickup the interference.

Fingers crossed, I'll pay 35$ bucks to put this issue to bed regardless if it's the NVR spitting out the interference.

I'll update the group tomorrow after I through it up in the attic.
Be aware that's a directional antenna, look at your tv fool report to figure our where to point it.

Olie

n3wb
Reaction score
Well 6 months later we have success !!!

Yesterday I got the GE attic antenna installed and today I crimped on a new RG-6 connector. Right now I'm receiving an average of 3.5/5 on the antenna strength on all the channels including the Vhf and Uhf bands. This is all with no boosters or amps.

I'm still confident the NVR is pumping out feedback on the lan cables but it appears I have a work around. Hope this helps anyone else with similar issues.

Thanks for the help and working through it.

Olie

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, compression coax connectors tend to be more reliable than crimped.

Glad it's working for you.

Olie

n3wb
Reaction score
I did use a compression connector it only took me twice to get it on correct, I'm thinking the cable I have is a quad RG/6 so I had to peel back a couple layers of shielding . Sorry I used crimp as a general term.

-Olie