Rims stolen then recovered the same day

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We installed these cameras a couple of months ago for a customer of ours who is a property manager. We used Dahua 1.3mp domes because they were on a tight budget. These subjects were using their sister's car, which we were able to capture the license plate on.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let me catch somebody bothering my stuff,losers.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua 1.3MP cameras are massively underrated IMHO. They are cheaper but you get amazing night-vision and decent 720p / 1.3MP is much better than cheap analog crap and rubbish ip cameras too.

Glad you got those rims back!

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Great footage! Congratulations on the capture.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great capture indeed, and very nice quality video. How did they find the wheels so quickly?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We installed 2mp varifocal cameras at both entrances and zoomed them in to capture license plates. The car came back to a house that was a couple miles away.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Was that the camera that caught the tag? Or was there another angle?

It also looked like the guy helping to unload the truck was the same guy who helped boost the tires in the first place. Does that mean they returned them w/o any law being involved?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It also looked like the guy helping to unload the truck was the same guy who helped boost the tires in the first place. Does that mean they returned them w/o any law being involved?
I was wondering the same thing. Did the thief help in returning the tires?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
No. It just happened to be to dudes with dreads. We employ installed two, 2mp, verifocal bullets, one on each entrance. I zoomed them in to cover the target area and set them to record @ 30fps. This customer is constantly catching people dumping stuff and stealing stuff because of the 2mp cameras. We had to mount them high enough to keep people from wacking them.