Ring camera captures catalytic converter theft at gunpoint in Bellevue

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
what country is that? mexico ?
who attempt to kill someone (gun) to steal a catalytic converter? i mean like... whats the value ? 100USD?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like its their first day on the job, slow as shit. They could end this on one week if they have a mandatory minimum 5 year sentence for CC theft or the purchase of a stolen unit. Almost everyone relies on their car to get to work and many dont have the insurance or cash money to repair. These fuckers are brazen has hell. That Prius CC has a higher value than others.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
The prius has a higher payout then most cars at the scrap yard. And higher replacement cost.
If they grab the ones off a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup it's even more.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Right there, at about 0:35, perfect time to pop 'em both.
Exactly what I was thinking. If you state permits it, you have both on the ground unable to see around them and with their arms stretched under the vehicle. Not sure of your self defence laws and as to whether the threat is over or non existent because the guns is no longer pointed at you and in his pocket, but if it is legal, that's the perect window of opportunity.

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. If you state permits it, you have both on the ground unable to see around them and with their arms stretched under the vehicle. Not sure of your self defence laws and as to whether the threat is over or non existent because the guns is no longer pointed at you and in his pocket, but if it is legal, that's the perect window of opportunity.
Yeah, no such luck. At least in my state, I'd end up being the aggressor for engaging them and end up behind bars. We're supposed to retreat and let them take whatever they want. And, of course, our legislators and police won't do a damned thing about it.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My neighbour has had his nicked twice here in the UK.

Infuriating.
Unluckily for us in the UK this is rife! The amount of people who this has happened to is a joke. We need to change the sentencing laws for crimes to stop c**ts doings this. Standard 3 years in the big hole, and you do 3 years!
And with a weapon it jumps to 10! I'm a firm believer in "If your big enough to do the crime"...